Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post
    Also, is anyone else annoyed that RDM gets tier V nukes, of all things, for its 100 JP gift?
    Yeah, people love to go on about how useless/situational cure V would be for rdm, but t5 nukes are even more so.
    (3)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Yeah, people love to go on about how useless/situational cure V would be for rdm, but t5 nukes are even more so.
    Don't know about you but I love having Tier V, means I get to run around the new skirmish and one shot all the elementals for quickly building points. Tier IV aren't enough and it's not like RDM actually runs into an MP problem with /SCH and DA.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    You can get the same result in the same time with t2->t2 for about 75% less mp cost. I've been nuking a lot on sch since the SoA elemental magic adjustment, and despite having access to t5 the entire time, I never use them. There is just no incentive to use anything besides t1-3 and helix.

T5 are even less useful for rdm than for sch, so I wasn't excited to see those as the 100 jp gift to say the least. Storm 2 spells on the other hand are a huge upgrade.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by saevel View Post
    Don't know about you but I love having Tier V, means I get to run around the new skirmish and one shot all the elementals for quickly building points. Tier IV aren't enough and it's not like RDM actually runs into an MP problem with /SCH and DA.
    my RDM is either on book or haste2ing the pets, where it belongs. BLU and BLM are much better at killing elementals due to their aoe capabilities. I'll leave it to them.
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    You can get the same result in the same time with t2->t2 for about 75% less mp cost. I've been nuking a lot on sch since the SoA elemental magic adjustment, and despite having access to t5 the entire time, I never use them. There is just no incentive to use anything besides t1-3 and helix.
    I'd agree with that for most things, but having one shot capability with capped Fast Cast is quite the boon when you're in an area with multiple elementals. Having to spend an extra 3-5 seconds per mob can add up when you've got 20+ elementals to kill. MP willing, I'd think its silly to spend more time for less points.
    (0)
    7/10/14

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    It doesn't take 3-5 seconds to cast a second t2, and I've yet to run into a situation where I'm not killing elementals fast enough. That said, if you're worried about that extreme level of efficiency in this event for some reason, don't bring a rdm to do anything beyond book.
    (0)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Even though RDM has been finding a niche in EG content post-Adoulin, I don't think giving the job CV would hurt now, and I don't think it would allow RDM to take the spot of WHM in EG. It would allow for RDM to be a main healer in CP party's, and I think that would be a very good thing, but anything that takes larger HP or even drop's a cripplinmg TP move to the frontline with ~1.8K DMG loss alround, its not a RDM your going to want, its a whm that can heal all members of the frontline in one go.

Cure V is not the game breaker for main healer in 2015 that it was in 2011/2012.

WHM would still have CVI and more importantly Curaga IV and Curaga V.
    (2)

Character
    Niflheim
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    What is up with the "Give sch and rdm cure V" things <.< my cure IV on sch is all i need i hace access to light storm 2 now that is +40%(staff and cape)that whm cant even touch with out a sch there to buff them and that 40% is on top of cure pot so 150% x 40% = 60% sch is gettin 60% more potent cures then whm!
    That is <.< big number if u ask me. i know my cure IV does more then a whm's and if i get cure V that will do more to. The only thing whm has on sch is cureskin, and that is fine i have Regen V and in content with a tank i always find it dumb that sch is not the healer of choice as it does better then a whm does
    (0)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I don't think anyone here is asking for RDM to get Cure V. They're just stating that it, and truly most anything, would be preferred over t5 nukes.

Personally, I would've preferred new tiers of some enhancing spells, especially if I could cast them on others. Stoneskin II, Blink II, Temper II, En(element) III. Basically anything useful that isn't tragically tied to a merit category.
    (0)

Character
    Saevel
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

T5 are even less useful for rdm than for sch, so I wasn't excited to see those as the 100 jp gift to say the least. Storm 2 spells on the other hand are a huge upgrade.
    No you can't, even under chainspell. There is a global 3s lockout timer after you cast a spell before you can start casting the next one. Thus your situation would be T2 -> 3s -> T2 -> Dead vs T5 -> Dead. I walk into a camp of elementals and to T5 -> Dead -> 3s -> T5 -> Dead -> 3s -> T5 -> Dead, each one being a different nuke. Or I go on BLU but that's a different topic all together.

It doesn't take 3-5 seconds to cast a second t2, and I've yet to run into a situation where I'm not killing elementals fast enough. That said, if you're worried about that extreme level of efficiency in this event for some reason, don't bring a rdm to do anything beyond book.
    Your either lying or just bullsh!ting people. As stated above it's not possible to cast spells faster then three seconds apart. It's a very frustrating part of the game.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Raelix
    Ragnarok's aftermath is only 5% crit rate, even with lv99, so there's almost no point in using Scourge, you just spam Resolution. Even then you become just a boring meathead DD.

Apoc with both Catastrophe and Entropy gives you crazy sustain of both HP and MP. With the Haste aftermath you can wear a ton of -PDT and solo almost any 75 content.
    Doing damage is for WAR's, DRK is about soloing 75 content yo.....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast