Thread: Finally!

Player

Finally!

So usually I'd begin with some sarcastic remark about how no one on the development team must play PUP because the adjustments being made are not what we NEED, but there no other way to say it, but this: Thank You SquareEnix.

The potency and versatility of the augments on the Taeon sets is nothing less than game changing for Puppetmaster. Before the Feb. Update, I spent most of my time researching old content for novel pet augments, such as A Crystalline Prophecy, Watchful Pixie Battles, etc. because pet augment gear for PUP was few and far in between, and those that existed weren't substantially beneficially for the amount of effort involved to beat it enough times to get a random augment.

Going forward, as a slight request I would like to see more Pet gear for neck, earrings, and ESPECIALLY rings, with a variety of situational stats, such as Pet: DT-%, enmity, haste, att/acc bonus etc. because they are a bit lacking.

As far as augmenting goes, skirmish weapon augments should be job/weapon specific, because getting "charm" or "avatar perpet. cost-" on Ohrmazd makes no sense and only functions to make getting a decent stat harder, which is already very rare with dusk stones.
    Also changing the augment system, such that +2 skirmish augment stones, have a higher propensity to increase your current stat instead of change it, which could be left to NQ/+1 stones would be great.

Moving on to the state of Automatons and what this post is mainly about:

Valoredge:

I am 99.9% satisfied with what he can accomplish between attachments and gear, that last .1% is simply either more enmity generating abilities or adding extra enmity to his weapon skills or more enmity gear in ring/neck/back/waist/etc slot.

Today I used Valoredge to main tank Ark Angel HM on tough, with the typical set up, just a PUP replacing the PLDs role. It was difficult, but it CAN be done. I lost hate once due mainly to overloading, but more pet enmity gear would help, which i believe is fair because he cannot be Decoy Shotted or Trick Attacked, but you could always make that possible.

All and all this to me is absolutely game changing and something I have been waiting for for a very long time, which has been made possible through Taeon. I cannot say it enough, Thank you so so soooo much SquareEnix.

Soulsoother:

NEEDS "Curagas", allowing it and puppetmasters in general to be relevent in party/alliance content as healing role job, and being a viable option if finding a White Mage is difficult.

Stormwaker:
    NEEDS tier II enfeebles, refresh II, and ability to haste II/Refresh II others under water maneuver, similar to how Soulsoother uses -na spells on party members under water maneuver effect.

Sharpshot:

Currently not used often with Sharpshot head due to lack of DPS, so granting sharpshot head store TP bonus, so it balance DPS with other frontline frames, as well as double shot job ability, which can only be used with Sharpshot head or attachment, and finally full TP return on Barrage, would put him back in the game, and able to DD well enough endgame, that it might be viable option if finding a ranger is difficult.

Spirit Reaver:

NEEDS fixes to AI, constant aspiring after every spell makes it more favorable to Deactivate him after every spell; it would be so much better if his global nuke recast time was shorter and he didn't aspir any time his MP isn't 100%. Alternatively, an attachment that allows him to use tier I/II spells almost at auto-attack speed would make him very useful again, and comparable to his BLM counterparts.

Harlequin:

Has the potential to be a situational DD/Mage frame and would be great to see him used more often.

Possible suggestions:

-treating his attack rounds like hand-to-hand so he attacks with both each round, since his battle stance is different from the other mage frames, and this would give him an advantage due to his lack of MP.

-possibly giving it its own set of weaponskills

-giving it enspell IIs which are used if scanner is equipped, according to monsters elemental weaknesses

-allowing it to haste and buff itself similar to Rainemard NPC

-slight increase in its maximum MP/HP
    (5)
    Last edited by Nezha; 03-10-2015 at 01:40 AM.

Player
    In conclusion, this thread was mainly to thank you SquareEnix allowing PUP to take a large step in the right direction, and giving a few head/frame specific suggestions that I have come to over years of dedication to this job and this job alone. Implementing ideas along these lines would solve a lot of issues Puppetmasters have in getting party invites to endgame content and begin dispelling the "lolPUP" stigma that's been associated with it since the birth of the job class .
    (1)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I admittedly haven't played my PUP in a bit due to focusing on my DRG and BLU for the longest of times, so take the following with a grain of salt as a non-expert in the job.

While a lot of your suggestions are nice, I would argue that some of them aren't "needed" as desperately as you state. Remember that a Puppetmaster is a two-character job, with both you and your automaton, and you have to consider your contribution in addition to what others offer. For example, offering Soulsoother nearly all the benefits of a WHM along with your melee capabilities and the ability to take and shed the majority of your hate seems a bit much. I would like to say that it's in a good position as it is now; it's not intended to be a main healer, but a supportive one, which is where it's single-target Cures are good. It still has -na spells, haste, protectra/shellra, and even enfeebles on top of that; I'd like to think it is in a good position as it is.

I do agree with some of your points, however. Spiritreaver definitely needs some love. An attachment combo that forces it to use low-tier spells would be nice; alternatively, maybe a change to the Maneuver system would help, in that it uses a tier of nuke based on how many Ice Maneuvers are up. One would be T1-2 nukes, with a lower global recast on elemental magic, two would be T3-4 nukes with a moderate global recast, and three would be T5 nukes with the full global recast. Aspir needs to be lowered in priority as well to something like < 30% MP or < 50% MP if global timers for other spells are down. Stormwaker's suggested additions seem nice too.

Side note: you may want to fix your table-breaking signature. ^^;
    (2)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Player
    I will try to fix that signature! in any case, I say NEED from the perspective that most PUPs, including myself, are looking to transition from soloing into the end-game, party/alliance scene. Taeon gear has allowed Valoredge to do that, but there are other pets that with small adjustments, could see that same dynamic, so from that perspective "NEED" doesn't sound like an overstatement.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I think all frames need a stay/sic type of command.

SS head not going into melee = worthless
    RDM/BLM/WHM going into ae range = worthless

I personally would like a melee head / frame (drg sam mnk war etc). Even if harlequin was changed to it, id be okay with that. I feel using ve head on ss body just bandaids the problem.
    (0)