Thread: Job Points

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Job Points

Is there a reason why we can't delevel job points applied like we can for merits. The only other place I can think of that its stuck once applied is synergy skills.

I ask because the issue has arisen for me that I'd like to delevel some of my bard job points.

My situation is as follows, I have 2/10 pianissimo job points applied. But I also have -76% casting from -songcasting and fast cast. I have seen situations where using gearsets, my duration set does not get applied fast enough after the presong set because of the additional -4% casting under pianissimo. SE has already said that the /equipset macros are already as fast as they can make them so in this case I would like to delevel it.

SE please let us delevel job points that are applied the same way merits work. We can delevel it but at the loss of the job points expended. We should not be limited to applied job points if we wish to change them.

PS. please also fix this for synergy, allow us to change the applied skills to other skills.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'd rather them just make equipping faster. It can and has been done despite what they say
    (3)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by VoiceMemo View Post
    My situation is as follows, I have 2/10 pianissimo job points applied. But I also have -76% casting from -songcasting and fast cast. I have seen situations where using gearsets, my duration set does not get applied fast enough after the presong set because of the additional -4% casting under pianissimo. SE has already said that the /equipset macros are already as fast as they can make them so in this case I would like to delevel it.
    Wear less precast FC/-song spell casting? Considering there's no cap and your request has you losing the JPs, and by and large the effects are a benefit, no matter how small, making them able to be taken off seems silly.
    (4)
    7/10/14

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Is there a reason why we can't delevel job points applied like we can for merits
    There's no reason to delevel job points. You can get all of them, so there's never a need to get rid of one in order to get different ones. If they did allow it, it wouldn't be refundable since merits aren't, thereby making it more pointless than it already is.
    Max out your Pianissamo job points seems like a smarter move than getting rid of 2 of them. Otherwise, use something that will swap your gear faster. either multiple macros or (fight club).
    (2)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-10-2015 at 12:57 PM.

Character
    Voicememo
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Based on a lot of these replies, they must not play brd.

For bard to faster cast songs -songcasting and fc must be equiped before the song is started, then to get the benefits of duration, the duration gear must be equiped before the song completes.

SE has already said that the gearswaps from equipset are as fast as they can go.

Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    After checking with the dev. team we were able to confirm that the speed is currently set to the fastest possible, and we are unable to reduce the delay further.

Quote Originally Posted by Malithar View Post
    Wear less precast FC/-song spell casting? Considering there's no cap and your request has you losing the JPs, and by and large the effects are a benefit, no matter how small, making them able to be taken off seems silly.
    I would need to make special macros for pianissimo songs just to remove less gear, vs the utility of being able to hit my pianissimo macro and then the appropriate song when needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    There's no reason to delevel job points. You can get all of them, so there's never a need to get rid of one in order to get different ones. If they did allow it, it wouldn't be refundable since merits aren't, thereby making it more pointless than it already is.
    Max out your Pianissamo job points seems like a smarter move than getting rid of 2 of them. Otherwise, use something that will swap your gear faster. either multiple macros or (fight club).
    As my original post said I'm fine with losing the JP I've already applied to the job point category. Maxing out the category will hurt more than help as there is not enough room in my macro palette to add specific songs just for pianissimo. SE gear swapping is already as fast as can be and I will not resort to using any 3rd party solution.
    (0)
    Last edited by VoiceMemo; 03-12-2015 at 08:00 PM.

Player
    I think your situation is the only possible situation anyone would ever want to delevel their job points, and even then, there are other ways around it.

I don't think they need to add this.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    As my original post said I'm fine with losing the JP I've already applied to the job point category. Maxing out the category will hurt more than help as there is not enough room in my macro palette to add specific songs just for pianissimo. SE gear swapping is already as fast as can be and I will not resort to using any 3rd party solution.
    So out of 20 macro books * 200 macro slots you can't find enough macro space? I can fit like 4-5 jobs worth of stuff at worst on one macro book.

"I dun wanna use any of the available solutions" isn't a good reason to ask the dev team to spend time and resources implementing a new feature that, outside of perhaps this one very specific example, would be completely useless, as I can't think of another job point that has a negative side effect. Even then, the solution should be to fix the side effect, not implement a new feature that isn't needed.
    (3)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-13-2015 at 01:37 AM.