Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Trial of the Magians

With most other weapon/armor stages being upgraded to item level 119 - would really be nice to have this done with Trial of the Magians as well.

I put a lot of hours into building my Khada +2. It sucks that it's useless now due to it being stuck at item level 99. So I hope you consider putting this on the agenda.
    (8)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-12-2015 at 06:38 AM.

Weapon wise only the R/E/M have been upgraded to 119.
    Apart from that Alluvion Skirmish weapons are providing a much better alternative to these.

Just toss the thing and move on.
    (4)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Weapon wise only the R/E/M have been upgraded to 119.
    Apart from that Alluvion Skirmish weapons are providing a much better alternative these days to these.

Just toss the thing and move on.
    There is no Alluvion Skirmish Weapon that effectively replaces my Khanda +2. So they might present you with much better alternatives but not so much me.

The just toss the thing and move on comment could have been said about all the other weapon/armor stage upgrades as well. So that's not really a productive way to look at it. From my point of view: there is no good reason not to allow players to upgrade their Magian Weapons.
    (4)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-13-2015 at 03:31 AM.

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Actually, Dale, that's exactly what's going on. Just toss it and move on. SE already said they won't do anything more with TOM. I know you put a lot of work into those weapons, but so did everyone else. I would have loved to take my pet evasion and pdt axes to 119, but that's not going to happen. Just move on.
    (3)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Actually, Dale, that's exactly what's going on. Just toss it and move on. SE already said they won't do anything more with TOM. I know you put a lot of work into those weapons, but so did everyone else. I would have loved to take my pet evasion and pdt axes to 119, but that's not going to happen. Just move on.
    Developers have been known to change their minds. Just because they may have said they won't do anything more with TOM doesn't mean they can't be convinced to re-evaluate their stance or at least come up with some sort of compromise.
    (3)

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    There's just too many magian trials for the devs to keep going with that system. There's hundreds of weapons and people only really want a handful of them upgraded. It would be a better use of the devs time to add in new versions of a few of those weapons and just drop the system entirely.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Just like monstrosity. :-P
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I still have 22 of my Magian Trial weapons in my Mog House. I'm sitting here typing this in my *I <3 Magian Weapons* t-shirt. I'm never tossing any of them, they are My Precioussss.

I still use my Pet PDT h2h if I'm playing remote and not meleeing.

I would still use my TPBonus magian dagger and sword too, and my multi-hit magians, but obviously they don't hit mobs like they used to, lol.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 03-10-2015 at 05:07 AM.

Character
    Xantavia
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I don't agree with the "just toss it" idea. ToM was nice for building a weapon that suited your playstyle. I found it also gave me something else to do if I was out getting xp or whatever solo. It may not have been efficient for some people, but it worked perfectly for what I enjoyed doing. Gave me more a sense of progression on my character, knowing that my choice of weapon would be getting a little bit better 5 levels from now.

For a game that always seemed to be about side-grading or slight improvements, tossing what you had and completely starting over has been a hard pill to swallow.
    (4)

Character
    Jassik
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Khanda's were never good, and a lot of us built DOZENS of TOM weapons and aren't complaining. Drop it if you want the space that bad.
    (0)

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast