Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99

quality of life Suggestions

thread for Simple suggestions to make FFXI better

My biggest thing first would be to make a simple change to Void Watch.

Make Heavy Metal Plates a common drop and not rare so they can load in all loot slots for the monsters they drop from. Add pouchs to more monsters not just the 3 sky pops. Maybe even add Phase Displacer to loot pool also. (or at least make this a Campaign, we've had them for all the other events)

Change Kupofried's Ring CP instead of XP, will give people more reason to seek out tablets. There is so many Exp rings out anyways

Reduce respawn timers for more old NMs, including the ones in Abyssea.
    (7)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Its a small detail, but it would be good if they could change the Jobpoints list, so that your Current Job is highlighted at the top of the list of jobs.

As it is now, when I'm checking my current PUP jobpoints I have to scroll down through a dozen greyed-out jobs to reach PUP.

It would be far easier if your current job was always at the top of the list of jobs in the jobpoints mini-menu. Its not a big problem, its just slightly silly having to scroll through lots of greyed-out jobs that I don't play or have points on.
    (3)
    Last edited by Stompa; 03-09-2015 at 03:58 PM. Reason: La~la~la~la~la.

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I had a friend who has quit the game who had an uncanny knack for finding mog tablets. They're not totally random. I think he just understood the system. He said that the tablets would most likely be somewhere along the road, so that if there were a table in, say, North Gustaberg, you could probably find it if you walked to Konstab Highlands from South Gustaberg, and Movalpolos from Port Bastok.
    (1)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Kill Kaggen he drops HMP a lot.
    (0)

Player
    HMP are a good money maker for a lot of people, and a good incentive to do Voidwatch. To make them more common would combat that point. Why is every suggestion to devalue things like this?

People find tablets all the time while leveling.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    HMP are a good money maker for a lot of people, and a good incentive to do Voidwatch. To make them more common would combat that point. Why is every suggestion to devalue things like this?
    People said the same thing about dynamis currency when they changed dynamis, but as far as I can tell the only thing that has ruined prices has been better weapons that take less effort to obtain than relics. Making Empyrian weapons easier to obtain might actually cause more people to build them and increase the market for the HMP etc. I know a few people who have built mythics for example, but won't bother with empyrians because the items aren't in bazaars enough to build them and farming them your self takes way too long.
    (1)
    Last edited by FrankReynolds; 03-09-2015 at 02:40 PM.

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tile View Post
    thread for Simple suggestions to make FFXI better

My biggest thing first would be to make a simple change to Void Watch.

Make Heavy Metal Plates a common drop and not rare so they can load in all loot slots for the monsters they drop from. Add pouchs to more monsters not just the 3 sky pops. Maybe even add Phase Displacer to loot pool also. (or at least make this a Campaign, we've had them for all the other events)
    First: I would agree with you that having to collect 1500 heavy metals is insane. I don't mind a long term challenge. But I think SE went overboard with that trial.

That being said: if you were to make this suddenly easier it would be like a slap in the face to all the other players who put in the vast amount of time and effort to finish it (assuming they weren't gil buyers).
    (0)

Character
    Tilemon
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    That being said: if you were to make this suddenly easier it would be like a slap in the face to all the other players who put in the vast amount of time and effort to finish it (assuming they weren't gil buyers).
    same could be said for Relics before dynamis adjustments.

I'm not saying pouches should load in every slot on any VW, just have them take the slot of plates on other ones, HMP being a common drop would mean it would have the same chance to drop in any slot, but the same odds of a Divine log or something. You still have odds of walking away with no HMPs, Just there is a chance you may get a little more then you used to.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui
    This goes the same for extremely difficult content. (Naturally it’s not easy since it’s extremely difficult…)
    as long as you don’t have severely bad luck.

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    People said the same thing about dynamis currency when they changed dynamis, but as far as I can tell the only thing that has ruined prices has been better weapons that take less effort to obtain than relics. Making Empyrian weapons easier to obtain might actually cause more people to build them and increase the market for the HMP etc. I know a few people who have built mythics for example, but won't bother with empyrians because the items aren't in bazaars enough to build them and farming them your self takes way too long.
    Yeah, when you consider the amount of effort and gil to make a 99 Empy weapon, the reward isn't good enough. Empy's are weak compared to most other options- generally they have the lowest base damage, and mediocre stats. The only people even making an empy are bards, which should say something. Devs need to re-examine this process. Either make the 119 weapons better, or reduce the effort to obtain them.
    (1)

Character
    Feary
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    the only difficulty in obtaining HMPs is the lack of players who wont shout to form parties. As well as those who form parties and cant buy it from the winning chests.

just 15~ stacks you will be on your way, 1599 isnt really that much nor are the 60 dross/cinder from spaming morta.
    (0)
    Last edited by Feary; 03-10-2015 at 02:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast