Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Yeah like in monstrosity monsters have a huge advantage normally... but if you have a pet job you can sic the pet on them and they can't attack it back lol
    That sounds like a bug to me, I hope you reported it. Because I don't remember monipulators being unable to attack pets. I sure remember my automaton dying when I tried to fight people on PUP.
    As for monsters having a huge advantage, that's how its supposed to be. You're supposed to feel like an NM, not meant to be soloed.
    (0)

Player
    I think the monster vs player thing also had the anti-gear swap thing, which also automatically makes it extremely frustrating....

I sure hope they decide to abolish that for this and ballista when they implement the new style lock.
    (0)

Character
    Malothar
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Edyth View Post
    I know Monstrosity is "pointless" in terms of improving your character, but the point is that it's fun to play as and unlock monsters, and that experience is more fulfilling than throwing away 20 merit points to wipe in a battlefield or losing in Delve due to one person's minor mistake.

Monstrosity is just plain enjoyable, and the feeling of unlocking a new monster is honestly often more rewarding than getting a few more points added to a stat with a hard-earned piece of gear that's outdated after the next update.
    I get that it's annoying that 2x exp is left off of it. But if the above is true, then how does lacking 2x exp hamper your fun, if it's already so fun?
    (1)
    7/10/14

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think the monster vs player thing also had the anti-gear swap thing, which also automatically makes it extremely frustrating....
    I don't think it does. But I agree that they should just force style lock for PvP.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    That sounds like a bug to me, I hope you reported it. Because I don't remember monipulators being unable to attack pets. I sure remember my automaton dying when I tried to fight people on PUP.
    As for monsters having a huge advantage, that's how its supposed to be. You're supposed to feel like an NM, not meant to be soloed.
    Yeah I reported it . It was accepted November 2013... It's not just monstrosity either it seems there is some general coding at least in pvp settings that uses master info when determining whether an action can be taken on a pet. So you can get too far away to use a move on a pet you are meleeing because the master is behind you lol. But yeah the key to making your pet invincible was to get the master out of engage range before they engaged the pet. And I meant like on certain pets I can take out an entire alliance with ease (especially since they can't gearchange and are capped at 90. And 30 omg I could 1 shot an entire alliance probably)
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2