Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

With Monstrosity excluded from 2x Campaigns, I won't obsess over XI this spring break

Sigh. I guess I should be thankful, and part of me is. My spring break is free because Square Enix left Monstrosity out of the stupid quadruple campaign thing. I won't be tempted to waste away in front of my computer with my soul enslaved to Monstrosity with double EXP.

I know Monstrosity is "pointless" in terms of improving your character, but the point is that it's fun to play as and unlock monsters, and that experience is more fulfilling than throwing away 20 merit points to wipe in a battlefield or losing in Delve due to one person's minor mistake.

Monstrosity is just plain enjoyable, and the feeling of unlocking a new monster is honestly often more rewarding than getting a few more points added to a stat with a hard-earned piece of gear that's outdated after the next update.

And hell, I've completed my level 119 Nirvana and my avatars are level 121, but that still doesn't get me into content with my favorite job. I'm just WHM. What's the point of playing main content anyway if my main jobs, BLU and SMN, aren't desired? So I just play Monstrosity.

I wish Square-Enix would stop ignoring it. Yes, I know the PVP aspect of it failed. But the fact is people like it for everything except the PVP, so please flesh it out more and add Chacharoon's Cheer-type rewards. And if we could party with other monsters or fight other monipulators soon, why, that'd just be swell. In fact, I think it'd be orgasmically fun. And if I'm not allowed to say "orgasmically," please change my post's text instead of deleting it, moderators. Monstrosity is just that fun when it's updated.
    (6)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    I happen to like the PvP aspect of it, actually. Most people don't like PvP because they can't handle the thought of being defeated by another player, ego-wise.
    (0)
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Well there's also the loss of Infamy. As I recall, that's pretty significant compared to the effort of gaining it. Like being defeated and having to homepoint in 2005.
    (0)

Character
    Wolfeater
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Just stinks they refuse to even try to fix PvP period, and I don't mean some lame 1v1, either. I know the general reply to that request is FFXI is not a pvp game but I think we're entitled to it. Yes thought you're right about the points loss thing, its a bit much.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sayomi; 03-08-2015 at 11:11 PM.
      /l、
    ゙(゚、 。 7
     l、゙ ~ヽ
     じしf_, )ノ
    United States Postal Service Postmaster

5. 03-08-2015 11:14 PM

Player
    And hell, I've completed my level 119 Nirvana and my avatars are level 121, but that still doesn't get me into content with my favorite job. I'm just WHM. What's the point of playing main content anyway if my main jobs, BLU and SMN, aren't desired? So I just play Monstrosity.
    I get into all content as a SMN with Nirvana. Just because you're not putting forth enough effort doesn't mean you should blame the job. Beyond that, if you're not a good SMN, BLU is very desirable, getting into just about everything as well.

Anyways, they should just leave the double monstrosity exp on, especially if they aren't going to be updating it.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Go PvP on your character.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I wish Square-Enix would stop ignoring it. Yes, I know the PVP aspect of it failed. But the fact is people like it for everything except the PVP,
    I take issue with the statement because it doesn't really have anything to do with PvP at all, it has more to do with people not doing monstrosity period. I don't know anyone who disliked the pvp aspect, so saying people liked everything about it except the PvP is just wrong. I know for many people they never tried it to like it or not like it in the first place.

Personally, I liked everything about it except the fact that they stopped updating it, with a majortiy of monster families still unavailable and no new features being added. Why would they do a double monstrosity exp campaign when they aren't even currently doing anything with the content and nobody is playing it for that reason?

(I will tell you why I stopped being a gladiator though: As much fun as I had with it, participating was a hassle. You couldn't just turn a flag on and off with a command no, that would be too easy. You have to talk to an NPC, which causes you to be level restricted whenever you enter the associated areas and it blocks you from using a chocobo, even in areas where it can't take place. In true square enix fashion, they had to make attempting to participate in the activity as annoying as possible. Also, while there are rewards, they are pretty lame and not worth expending effort on).
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-09-2015 at 12:16 PM.

Player
    Blu was strong as of the patch before last, and Smn got pretty strong as of last one, those two particular jobs aren't really hurting if you know how to use them, they're not always for everything but they fit into plenty of endgame.
    (1)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sayomi View Post
    I happen to like the PvP aspect of it, actually. Most people don't like PvP because they can't handle the thought of being defeated by another player, ego-wise.
    I don't think it has to do with ego. It's the cheesiness of the gameplay that ensues when people exploit game imbalances to their advantage. That's why a lot of people have a distaste for PvP.
    (1)
    Last edited by Dale; 03-09-2015 at 11:50 PM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Dale View Post
    I don't think it has to do with ego. It's the cheesiness of the gameplay that ensues when people exploit game imbalances to their advantage. That's why a lot of people have a distaste for PvP.
    Yeah like in monstrosity monsters have a huge advantage normally... but if you have a pet job you can sic the pet on them and they can't attack it back lol
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast