Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99

Please give White Mage the ability to dual weild.

As the title states, I don't think this will unbalance the game or let alone White Mage. It doesn't have to be anymore increase then what we would get if we were to sub Ninja, just to be able to more versatile. Please consider this. Thanks!
    (5)

I agree. There's no reason not to, until they start giving clubs the same macc and mdmg as staves.
    (0)

Player
    Just give EVERYONE DW0 please, 0 attack speed benefit unless you're one of the jobs that currently has it but can equip two weapons, at this point, really.
    (9)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    Just give EVERYONE DW0 please, 0 attack speed benefit unless you're one of the jobs that currently has it but can equip two weapons, at this point, really.
    You know I wanted to come on here and say how stupid I thought giving WHM dual wield would be but I like that suggestion, think it would be a perfect compromise.
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Why not just give jobs like whm and rdm more shields they can benefit from.
    (2)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Cause a shield isn't putting out any damage? I just don't see the issue or how it possibly could be "dumb". I mean look at Rudra's at the moment is incredibly OP, do I care no and the reason being is THF and DNC are now jobs that can potentially come to 99% of events where it was only XYZ job. Look at Beastmaster one shotting a whole floor of Einherhar. Once again do I care no. There is no reason at this stage in this game anything is "dumb"
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    I must have misunderstood. I thought this was about how a club and a shield don't stack up to a staff and a grip much like two clubs do. White mage is not supposed to be a damage dealer. Just like how ninja is not a healer. If you want to dual wield clubs for hitting things you should have to pick a subjob to reflect that. Just like how if you want to self heal on ninja you need to sub dancer. Giving white mage dual wield natively is stupid because it has nothing to do with the job. Especially dual wield tier three as you suggested in the first post. The highest dual wield thief gets is three, do you really think white mage should get the same amount? Besides there are other jobs that should actually get dual wield natively that don't. Even then corsair should only get dual wield two, and ranger and a beast master should only get tier 1. Maybe they will get it with job gifts.

Anyway a shield is capable of putting out damage. Saying a shield can't increase damage is like saying a Yetshila doesn't increase damage because you can't throw it. Depending on the stats the shield has it can very much improve damage. There just aren't any shields that give good bonuses to jobs that aren't paladin. Personally I would like to see red mage be able to land enfeebles and nuke with swords and shields. All they need are swords and shields that when used together are as good as staffs and grips. Red mage is pretty rough and tumble too so if that happens they might actually be able to melee in a party setting again.

Also kudos on the straw man. White mage should get dual wield because the damage dealing jobs thief and dancer can now deal damage, and beast master can solo outdated content. All the while white mage is just the most important job in every relevant event with the exception of Yorcia Alluvion Skirmish.
    (2)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Thank you, I am forever in your grace for opening my eyes to the life of a white mage that enjoys just healing.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by camaroz View Post
    Thank you, I am forever in your grace for opening my eyes to the life of a white mage that enjoys just healing.
    In a party situation that is what it is, you don't invite a WHM to DD, nor would you want them to, if they're on the front-line getting affected by status ailments or potentially killed, it's a detriment to the party/alliance, DD WHM is for soro onry.
    (0)

Character
    Nitenichi
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Tidis View Post
    In a party situation that is what it is, you don't invite a WHM to DD, nor would you want them to, if they're on the front-line getting affected by status ailments or potentially killed, it's a detriment to the party/alliance, DD WHM is for soro onry.
    I know my role lol. It's not like i am saying I would do this in an event where I would be healing. It's a simple non game breaking request period.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast