Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I don't need to use the quote button. The fact that you'd rather debate semantics,
    1) Yes, you do need to use the quote button, because it makes what you're saying a lot harder to read when it's not clearly separated from your comments. 2) As for playing semantics, you are the one that was pulling out the dictionary to declare me wrong, so it seems to me like you care a lot more about semantics than I do.

The game is well funded. There isn't a reason to have small teams.
    You don't know how "well funded" it is. Frankly, given the current playercounts per server (where number of servers has stayed the same while players on them have decreased), while it is profitable, it's hardly raking in money hand over fist. As a point of good business, you typically want your labor costs to be a certain percentage of your gross income. I'm sure that they are keeping their labor at a reasonable percentage of their income in line with industry standards. If you can prove otherwise, I'd love to hear where you're getitng your info from. I don't know for sure whether they truly are or not, but there is simply no data to prove your theory/opinion. I'm not willing to accuse someone of something without any basis. Your assumed figures are very high-balled if you ask me. I don't think there's 2000 active accounts on every server.

There are way too many people on these boards that make assertions without evidence to back them up.

The money customers are paying isn't being reinvested into the game.
    Unless you can prove that the people working on the project aren't being paid, or you can prove that the people being paid for this game aren't actually assigned to the project, you can't prove that the money we pay doesn't partially go to the game. Again, they are a business, they're allowed to make a profit beyond what they need to work on the game and that profit beyond what they need to work on the game is free for them to be spent or kept as they please. It's business 101. You don't know how much it costs them to work on the game and you don't know how much their server and support staff costs are.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-17-2015 at 08:59 AM.

Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

Character
    Phaedres
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    lol everyone knows that square uses this game to fill in the financial loss of all it's bad games. I will probably be canceling my subscription also. This has become embarrassing for square. I can't pay them anymore when they put out such bad/lazy products. They won't even fix the broken campaign. I agree it is unprofessional.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Thorn View Post
    lol everyone knows that square uses this game to fill in the financial loss of all it's bad games. I will probably be canceling my subscription also. This has become embarrassing for square. I can't pay them anymore when they put out such bad/lazy products. They won't even fix the broken campaign. I agree it is unprofessional.
    Everyone knows eh? Everyone thinks, maybe. Everyone knows? no. Also, what bad games are we talking about here? I don't realy even follow anything of theirs that isn't FF related, so this is a question of genuine curiosity of what you think were the worst releases.

I don't agree with everything they're doing- they definitely need to re-evaluate their priorities when it comes to version updates. However, the only thing in this thread that really bugs me is people claiming knowledge of information that they don't actually have.

This is enjoyable, honestly, being the voice of reason and not making claims I can't back up, while watching the people who spurt common opinion (opinion, not fact) get all the post likes.
    So we're clear: I'm not calling anyone here flat out wrong: However i am calling your opinions, just that: opinions. They are not facts until they are backed up with data. You might be right, you might be wrong, but we won't know unless there is actual data (not made up estimates) that supports your conclusions. I don't know what it is with people here and data. Everyone wants to assert things as fact without anything to prove those facts with.

I think we all can agree that whatever problems this game has have very little to do with the staff maintaining it and almost everything to do with corporate management at this point. It was probably not like that in the beginning, but it certainly has become that way.
    I would have to agree that any such problems are management decisions. That doesn't necessairly mean they're conciously making fiscally irresponsible/unprofessional decisions, though it does mean they're probably very out of touch with what their customers are expecting of them. Personally, i think the dev team itself cares about their work, even if we sometimes think balance changes are misguided or whatever.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 03-17-2015 at 09:13 AM.

Someone care to tell me what's wrong with a couple Yukes?
    Check out http://ffxi.gamerescape.com- the new home of FFXIcleopedia and its founders!

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Unrelated to this back-and-forth conversation but please use the quote button.
    (1)

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    "1) Yes, you do need to use the quote button"

When I start forcing you to reply to me i'll start using the button for you. You aren't the voice of reason. You're the voice a fanatic.

Give it a rest. The writing is on the wall. The proof is in the pudding, etc... Bad updates are bad and everyone knows it.
    (2)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Character
    Malphius
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Unrelated to this back-and-forth conversation but please use the quote button.
    Only because someone other than the Galka Pup asked.
    (2)
    "You can't fool all of the people all the time, but if you fool the right ones then the rest will fall in line".

-Dead Prez

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4