Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99

The iMog kupotune portable onetrack player.

I often wish I could /locktune and carry it with me to other areas.

It would be good if /locktune would cancel the Battle-Music and Fish-Music, both of which are OK, but I would seriously rather have the tune from Chocobo-riding, Oldton Movalpolos, North Gustaberg etc. playing instead of Battle Music or other less desirable music.

So a suggestion / fun concept / object of ridicule ;

Moogle-powered portable device contraption (a Kupotunes "iMog" !) that can record one track that is currently playing, and /locktune that track.

Locked tunes play back on a constant loop and cancel the area tune and battle music/ fish music, but do not cancel sound effects. Only one track can be recorded per Earth hour. Track can be cancelled with "/locktune off", which will restore the default area/battle music etc. The track will be your permanent soundtrack until you cancel it, or lock a different tune. Zoning, dcing or logging out will not cancel your locked tune.

Imogs do not function indoors, they are portable field devices, and so Orchestrion will still be the megaboss for multi-track indoor music.

I would lock Oldton Movalpolos and probably leave it locked for years, it is totally disco and reminds me of fishing in that zone a decade ago lol. Or I might lock choco-riding music to relax. Anything is more enjoyable to me than the battle music, which has grown slightly "stale" after ten years.

I totally don't think this will ever happen, I'm just posting it as a fun idea which would make the game more enjoyable. Would you like this Imog player? What tune would you lock most often?
    (5)

Player
    if you wanted to, you could find the .bgw file of the song that you like and save that as all the names of the other .bgw music files.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Yeah, I was suggesting an in-game gizmo that allows you to lock one track, with the in-game option of cancelling the lock and reverting to normal natural area / battle music. And for this Kupotunes iMog device to only be able to record one tune at a time, unlike Orchestrion which has a multitrack playlist option. And if you wanted to get a new track on your iMog, you would have to go back to whatever area is playing that tune, and capture the tune with /locktune. It is this in-game toggle option I was suggesting, with a return-to-default switch.

So, I think it would be fun to have this ingame option. I don't want to interfere with any settings outside the game, I have lived my FFXI life as a Code Nun with simple purity and devotion to the proffered system. I don't want to go to prison and get my choochoo annihilated by Big Bertha the gypsy female cage-fighting champion, who is protected by the Warden. I'm not a big girl and jail scares me :P

But tbh this idea was a Night-shift 4.30 am idea that I had last night, when my boss went out for cocktails and I booted FFXI lol. This idea is a fun 'will-never-happen' idea that occurs to ppl at 4.30 am on nightshift, while trying to get their Mog Garden crustacean to level up on to the Cap+5% version lol. I'm having fun nostalgia moments going to fish up lots of 3eyed fish in QI and feeding them to the silly mob, but I do wish he'd upgrade.
    (2)
    Last edited by Stompa; 03-06-2015 at 01:21 PM.

Player
    I understand what you are wanting, though I don't think it's against the ToS to swap music files in case SE doesn't help with your request.
    (1)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    I understand what you are wanting, though I don't think it's against the ToS to swap music files in case SE doesn't help with your request.
    I understand and I was half joking really, although the truth is that I don't like to monkey around with the game, just incase I cross some invisible line in the sand, and I get blackbagged like in V for Vendetta. I have nightmares about Moogle Shocktroops crashing through my window in all the black spec ops gear, and dragging me away to some tewwowist pwison island. Which would probably look like the monster rearing grounds, ha.

Mainly I suggested this because it would be a fun ingame tool gizmo, and you could change tunes without having to do all that other stuff. But the day will pass, and this idea will be totally ignored, and it won't make any real difference to me, I will still bake my buns and kill mobs, with the mute button on as usual lol.
    (0)

Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    I do this with Altana Viewer/youtube/Soundtracks. It'd be awesome to have in the game! Would be better than having to turn my music off ingame just to play game music outside of the game, hahaha.
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

7. 03-08-2015 05:07 AM

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I would like more control over the music in this game. At least XI's battle music isn't as bad as the battle music in XIV. Good God, FFXIV has horrible battle music.
    (3)