A colibri that's more than a frog.
    (1)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Colibri are one of the more memorable monsters from FFXI, that's probably why they chose to make a jug of it. That doesn't explain why they put no effort into making it useful or even slightly interesting thou.

The apkallu jug they added before SoA was similarly dissappointing. Like colibri, they had rather weak stats to make up for a gimmick they had (apkallu hate system). The jug kept those weak stats without the benefits of that system, and didn't get access to the good tp moves.

What I'd really like to see (besides ilvl hippo) is a puk jug, but I doubt they'll ever add one.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Puks are dragons. They already said they wouldn't introduce a puk jug pet for that very reason. And it doesn't matter that we can charm them. We still don't have jugs of things we can charm, like a slime pet.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I'm a bit surprised they couldn't put in Feather Tickle given Cait Sith has an AoE version that is borderline unresistable for the TP reduction part. The mimicry part wouldn't be that overpowered either. It would be a nice distinctive niche from the more powerful bird in Tulfaires. Mimicry isn't all that overpowered. You still get hit (or just the pet) and there's a delay, it can't mimic everything back cast on it (i.e. Chainspell wouldn't Chainspell it all back).

Even if current mob mimicry is too OP. They could adjust the time it takes for it to cast back as the Delve one takes longer depending on what was casted. Make it so the mimed spell is not AoE if the spell wasn't AoE. Also increase the reuse of mimicry so it can't mime everything back. Just enough to make it an interesting alternative to Tulfaires would be nice if you want pure damage versus a pet that is more sturdy.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Puks are only part dragon alchemic creations, and they are already charmable. Yeah, real dragons like wyverns, tiny wyrms, etc. don't make sense from a lore standpoint, but puks? There's no real reason we couldn't summon one with a jug besides upset from dragoons.

I don't see why we couldn't get a slime jug in the future, we already have acuex.
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    As you said, they are creations of alchemy and not real beasts. Personally, I think we shouldn't be able to charm them, but we can. Same as having /bst as a sub job, getting the ability Call Beast, and not being able to equip a single jug. SE doesn't get it right all the time.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Puks are only part dragon alchemic creations, and they are already charmable. Yeah, real dragons like wyverns, tiny wyrms, etc. don't make sense from a lore standpoint, but puks? There's no real reason we couldn't summon one with a jug besides upset from dragoons.

I don't see why we couldn't get a slime jug in the future, we already have acuex.
    Its obvious. Dragon Pet would give us Demon Killer, then we would go BST/SAM for Ancient Circle+Killer Instinct... With Emp Body 119 you'd 1-shot all the Ark Fights with spinning Axe.
    (2)

Character
    Shyuko
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    What is the obsession with colibri? We already have Ibuki which offers everything colibri does and more. Its a pink bird, resists wind, resistant to slashing, high evasion, has both physical and magical abilities as well as access to dispel, Amnesia, and a potent Def-25% enfeebling move... so what am I missing?
    Colibri are cute and cuddly though. But when they take your food... You only know how to turn them into BBQ.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Mavrick View Post
    All jugs cant be winners. Did you really expect colibri to be of any use? They were exclusively targeted by xp PTs because they were so weak and easy to dispatch. Feather Tickle is nurfed on BLU so im not surprised we didn't get it. Reflect would also require too much balancing, what happens if a group of colibri pets reflects meteor, comet, -ga, -ja, kasutra, or some other unique spells from monsters?
    This; been saying it for awhile now, not all monsters are made equal in the dd department (And why SE should release the damaging animals).

Tiger > Colibri, as it pertains to damaging attacks.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 03-28-2015 at 05:27 AM.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    The problem is colibri doesn't offer any but it's mediocre dmg... heck at least the tiger can paralyze lol
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2