Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    Or, worse still, you are a very very patronising person.

Or maybe all I said was my Rudras were hitting for larger numbers than my Upheaval, quite often. And that I felt on a personal level that it doesn't make sense that daggers do more damage than gaxes.

If you want to keep dragging this on and on, I'm happy to repeat the above points another hundred times, if that is how you get your jollies, lets do it. My initial comment was just a casual fun comment about how I dont see how daggers can routinely cause more harm than a gaxe, I did not say ; "SE please kill Rudras Storm." I have never suggested anything of the sort. I just casually voiced my opinion, and six pages later I'm still getting insulted by really arrogant and patronising comments. Notice that at no point have I speculated on the intelligence or worthiness of anyone else, and yet that is exactly what you just did. How arrogant.
    Thanks patronizing was the tone I was aiming for. I could have been a lot meaner in my replies, but please feel free to keep waving around your victim card. And as it turns out great axes routinely cause more damage than daggers. And here I was thinking it was just great katanas, polearms, and swords. Dnc still has great axes beat, but that is with Pyrrhic Kleos not Rudra's.

Here is my point. Thf does it's damage less often, but has higher ws numbers. That's its special thing. Which means bigger skillchain closers. That is why they are worried about adding the spell ardor, because it plays right into thfs hand. They think adding ardor to rdm will make it more desired as a job, but if to do it they nerf thf it will just make both jobs less desired, because without thf no one will want ardor anyway.
    (1)
    Last edited by Ulth; 03-18-2015 at 04:07 AM.

Character
    Materdark
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    stop crying you fan lovers for thf we all knew this was going to happen.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Akihiko_Matsui View Post
    Hail, adventurers! Matsui here with an update for you.

I would like to inform you that, based on your feedback, we have begun to consider balance adjustments for melee jobs, specifically the thief and samurai, in the March version update.

We are currently looking at adjusting balance in the following two ways:

I would like to share with you the thought process behind these adjustments.
    • The addition of Ardor
      In our preview of job adjustments several days prior, we made mention of a new magic spell known as “Ardor.” We elected to add this spell in order to decrease the gaps in damage dealt between the various melee jobs.

As noted in that topic, Ardor increases skillchain damage based on the number of successful melee hits up until the time the weapon skill is activated.

Jobs that often go for long periods of time without using weapon skills will receive stronger bonuses, thereby decreasing the damage gap that currently exists.
    • The adjustment of certain dagger weapon skills
      One topic keeps popping up where we hear players discussing the thief: skillchain damage when using weapon skills with Sneak Attack and Trick Attack.

These skills are particularly effective in content such as Wanted battles, where it‘s possible for thieves to accumulate TP in advance and when combat ends in a short period of time, but we believe that this is one of the job’s strengths.

Not all content enables players to accumulate TP in advance the way Wanted battles do, and other melee classes are competitive with thieves in extended combat scenarios.

As such, we wish to avoid adjusting Sneak Attack and Trick Attack, as doing so would be tantamount to destroying part of the thief job’s identity.

However, in its current state thief damage output is on par with or even surpasses that of other melee jobs even in long duration combat, and upon looking at melee jobs as a whole, we cannot deny that thieves are located at the top of the charts in a wide variety of content.

Ardor has an incredibly strong synergy with thieves, who autoattack quite frequently, and thus we expect that their skillchain damage would increase to numbers even higher than they currently are. As such, we believe it necessary to somewhat reduce the potency or certain dagger weaponskills in order to maintain balance with other jobs.

We are currently considering adjusting the following four weaponskills.

These adjustments are meant to normalize damage between melee jobs, and there are some adjustments that can be viewed as nerfs when taken on the individual job level, so we wished to communicate these details to you in advance as we continue to thoroughly discuss this matter.

hello I like to share this video with Akihiko_Matsui, Dev team and all FFXI community. This is not my video but i found them in youtube. Since akihiko matsui take people opinion about thief seriously than maybe these video will open his eye more.

Kamihr Drifts Delve 1-5 + Utkux 8-18-2014[/B]

18-22 minute Clear 6/6 SAM, MNK, BRD, COR, BLM, WHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcUlB5f_ELw

I don't think a Thief can clear that in a short amount of time.

Yorcia Weald Delve 1 - 5 + Wopket 6-20-2014

Clear 20 minute 4/6 SAM, BRD, WHM, WHM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c_60Fermz30

As you can see in that video SAM is extremely good. Fudo, Fudo, Fudo spam seems to be a lot better than THF. So if a THF can do that in less than 20 minute than please do and Nerf it but I highly doubt it.

Japanese group SAM, DRK, SCH, BRD, COR, WHM clear that in less than 15 minute but don't have links since maybe it was taken down. :/

Now for the best video in the internet have to offer! =)

Delve Yorcia Weald 1-5 + Wopket 3-14-2015

Clear less than 12 minute. 4/6 SMN, GEO, RDM, RUN

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvqyMyZM1qY

Thank you for the recent update February because some job do amazing things. Mythic Geo and Mythic SMN you gonna love them.

Since job like RNG, DRG, THF, DNC share Piercing and they nerf Thief so I guess that means RNG and DRG will be at the top dmg of the list. PUP and BST recently got an update and no one knows how strong those job are but I'm sure they are better than a thief in Solo. It's true that a THF does do really well in wanted battle but those are 15 minute timer to kill an NM. The question I have for the dev team is can a THF or DNC clear the new delve content in that amount of time less than 20 minute?
    (2)

Character
    Scaevola
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Mooserocka View Post
    I'm still newer to the game. I decided to main dancer. I didn't know about rudra right away. I didn't get invited to anything. Now that I have rudra I'm invited to stuff. I'm hoping they don't kill it and it's still viable. Dnc will prob never be in anything now. Without rudra my damage was horrible. On dnc rudra isn't an op ability with how high the cd is for climactic. This really is not right for people that love dancer and bard. I was getting tired of seeing 80 percent of the community as thieves. Maybe for thief it was needed but for dancer and bard we're screwed.
    Evisceration and PK aren't getting nerfed, 7 FMs mean you can close every self-sc with Striking Flourish, and Charis Casaque is getting an ilvl version. DNC is going to be fine.
    (0)
    tandava crackows + chocobo jig + animated flourish = prouesse ring

5. 03-18-2015 11:10 AM

6. 03-18-2015 11:16 AM

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You posted a box with only the comment about trees laying eggs, nothing on-topic, just gibberish.
    I just figured if everyone else was doing it, I should follow suit.

It actually explained in detail my whacky oppinions about where chicken babies come from and how that situation is not balanced due to the fact that most birds live in the trees anyway. This clearly made no sense to me so the only logical conclusion I could come up with was to cut down the forest to correct the imbalance.

Truthfuly, that post directly relates to this thread (possibly more so than any argument you have made thus far).

And calling somebody patronising, when they are being patronising is not an insult
    Calling someone you believe to be an a**hole an "a**hole" is still tossing an insult in thier direction.
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-18-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    That isn't something to proud of. Being friendly to other players is far better.

We can all be mean, but I would prefer to save my mean side for people that really deserve it in real-life, rather than fellow gamers who are also complete strangers on the net. To just toss out insults and proclaim that you have the capacity to be far meaner to me, is just nasty. You don't know me at all and yet you feel you have the right to insult me and patronise me. Your most recent was the line about me waving a victim card, which is hurtful, if you knew me in real life then you would regret saying those words to me, for sure. Because I am a real victim (by any standards), but I go to work everyday with a cheerful grin and don't wave any victim cards.

But I know two dozen people from my friends / LS group, people who used to post on this forum and they do not post here now, and the reason is because of the pedantic, nit-picking, spiteful childishness, and breathtaking arrogant behaviour towards total strangers.
    (2)

Player
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/th...839#post543839

New post from Matsui, we can expect an official translation soon, but my summary I am getting from it:

-The weaponskill update was supposed to increase the variety of weaponskills used. Rudra's Storm became too strong, and it is difficult to balance because of it. Thus, it should be reduced in power slightly.
    -Dancer weaponskill damage became second only to Thief, despite being a supportive job. There are also some comments about Bard on the same topic.
    -Notes about Samurai I don't feel comfortable stating due to being unsure, plus ardor, Red Mage, and skillchain damage.
    -Because Vagary is being implemented this update, doing the changes at the same time was the best choice, so that the difficulty of the content would not change after the nerfs.
    -Warrior will be looked at with adjustments to job abilities and traits, Dark Knight will be looked at for new abilities. They are planning on increasing the power of magic bursts in the March version update, and add a new ability to Black Mage at some point to help its damage.

Do not take this as 100% accurate. Wait for an official translation before flipping.
    (0)

Player
    yea I looked at it on google translate. It looks like ardor is going to be a level 64 spell. He also seemed to be saying something about changing ardor to be an enfeebling spell instead of an enhancing spell. Also it seems that the bonus of ardor will be of using two different weapons (no self skillchaining).

"New Ada is a going to be the effect of bonus to about cooperation damage often persons and weapons species that participate in the collaboration ride, other players rather than continue the cooperation alone, damage when it is in conjunction with other weapons species I will now increase. (this is the part where it seems you have to have two different weapons)

Available job, there is no change to the learning level, is expected to red Mage becomes available learning at Lv64.

In addition, from strengthening magic to the party members, because of the plan to change to weakening magic with a certain period of time to effect monster,
    Have gotten feedback, than red Mage will have done the call back each time of cooperation?
    Please be assured about the concern that. (this is the part where it seems they want to change it to enfeebling magic)

However, by this change, implementation of Ada in one version up late expected from March version up,
    In March version up time, it is scheduled to be carried out in advance only adjustment of weapon skills.

It will be in the form of so-called weak only adjustment is preceded, Please let me tell you this intention in the next."
    (0)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post6374361

Unofficial BG translation
    The tests performed by the development team has shown us that Samurais are very powerful damage dealers who can in many cases exceed other jobs. However, the weapon skill Tachi: Fudo varies greatly in performance depending on the attack/defense ratio against the monster, carries certain risks with the need to stand in front of the monster for damage bonuses, etc, meaning Samurais wanting to push the weapon skill do its full potential will need lots of support from their parties. (Fudo is incredibly powerful against enemies lower level than the player, however our foremost goal is to balance high level content)
    Between this statement and the one about INT/MND...man they are REALLY out of touch with the game play. The current dev team really needs to consult players that know how these things work.

Honestly, do you really think that people are complaining that Fudo is over powered in low level content? You guys really need to start testing these things with endgame support enhancements with BRD COR GEO RDM, etc. 95% of endgame content is played under those conditions. As a damage dealer you are weighted by your job's damage potential under support buffs. This is specifically why pet jobs are so bad and why pre Rudra's buff THF couldnt compete in damage under high haste values, even if the THF can WS for high numbers every ~35 seconds.

In endgame content there is ALWAYS food and support role jobs used that enhance attack, delay reduction and enfeebles monsters defenses to the point that other jobs cannot compete with Samurai. You also need to consider that Fudo spam is one of the weaker tactics. You need to look at SAM's soloing a 5 step light Skillchain under these support enhancements.

Please reconsider your position and consult with people that play the game and know how it works.

If I were you, I would consider even removing the ability to self skillchain altogether and possibly adjust skillchain properties of certain WS to encourage a wider variety of jobs to complete skillchains. It should be a strategic, job selection, party cooperation mechanic don't you think?
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-19-2015 at 02:32 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Kincard translated it well for those interested in reading. http://www.bluegartr.com/threads/112...=1#post6374361

What a joke. Fudo is fine because sam needs help capping attack? like the same couldn't be said of every other job. Also they have to worry about their positional based bonus, Overwhelm. I can't imagine how hard it must be for them.

Well I tired. I tried to let them know the truth about thf's dps, but it seems the misinformation has made it's way all the way to the top. Hopefully vagary will have a TH based drop system so I can still go. Back to tagging and sitting around doing nothing.
    (1)

Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 17 ... LastLast