Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    I guess you are correct about that because I don't think they compare the damage by spamming weapon skills at 1000 tp but they judge it because it's SATA + 3000 TP. Shark Bite is a fail weapon skill and need improvement not Nerf. People judge Thief too soon because they are really good at closing weapon skill chain damage and I thought that was the whole point of FFXI was to work as a team / save TP to perform weapon skills.
    I know right? I was having so much fun with my ninja friend. He would open with blade ten, I would make darkness with my rudra's and because he got so much tp from the extra shuriken attacks he would have enough tp to close with blade hi. It was perfect mission accomplished, nin and thf were both fun to play.
    (0)

Character
    Annataru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Bite me. Nerfing rudra's is a terrible idea. For the first time thf and dnc aren't laughed at and are actually considered DD, especially DNC. I'm for leveling the playing field, but how about you just buff the 2h weapon skills? I don't care if you nerf sneak attack and trick attack effects to rudra's storm, but unstacked ws should remain the same. The rudra's buff was a bigger boon to DNC and BRD than to THF. THF was already good, and DNC was laughed at. DNC is competitive now, and suddenly because a few haters complained you want to screw that all up? I don't think so.
    (6)
    janethetaru

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Why do you think you never see thieves using anything other than Rudra's? There is a reason for it.
    Because it's OP? If there's an obvious always best option, of course everyone is going to use it. But if the other WS are as bad as you say, then they need help.
    (0)

Character
    Lyandra
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    Ardor is not a party only spell, rdm will not have to be in the main party.
    Actually that may not be the case, according to S-E's post regarding Ardor:

Quote Originally Posted by Gildrein
    • Ardor (RDM Lv.64, affects a single ally)
    The wording of "ally" indicates it can't be cast on just anyone, such as any player outside of your party, just like Erase. And with that being the case, it also can't be cast across alliances, just like Erase. That said, it's pretty much guaranteed it will be within your own party only.

(Unless it has some weird job-specific mechanics like SCH and Regen spells, then it could be cast across alliances. But it's just speculation at this point - until the spell is released, there's no way to state for fact it is or is not party-exclusive.)
    (0)

Player
    I don't think so.
    I think so, cause it's happening.

Regardless of SATA, Rudra's is too strong. It's silly how grossly OP it is compared to every other weaponskill in the game.

This needed a nerf, and I'm glad SE realized it and still has it in them to nerf things that are OP.

Regen III and IV spell for Red Mage and Paladin.
    Cure III and IV spell for Run Fencer.
    Regen spell duration double for White Mage Only.
    Sch, Blm, Geo, Run, PLd have their own haste spell since there is haste II now.
    You need to stop making suggestions. This is the worst list of spell adjustment suggestions I've ever seen.

I am really concern about Ardor spell because this will make Rdm getting all the attention to every content and that is not good.
    Heaven forbid Red Mage be a desirable job.

90% of the people in this thread have little to no idea of the balance of the game right now in end game, or across all the jobs. I would wager that most of them do not even do Delve, high level Incursion, or D/VD battlefields, yet are trying to convince the development team that they know better about the balance of the game than the devs do. The bad spell suggestions above are a good example, but a lot of the posts here are good too.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-14-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    salvage will always be a thing because of the utility of yagrush and carnwenhan.
    Then so will Dyna for Aegis/Gjaller, but at the same time, currency prices are crashing, Alex prices are going up (but that's more because of the bannings thus lower supply than higher demand)
    (0)

Character
    Celoria
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

Regardless of SATA, Rudra's is too strong. It's silly how grossly OP it is compared to every other weaponskill in the game.

This needed a nerf, and I'm glad SE realized it and still has it in them to nerf things that are OP.

You need to stop making suggestions. This is the worst list of spell adjustment suggestions I've ever seen.

Heaven forbid Red Mage be a desirable job.

90% of the people in this thread have little to no idea of the balance of the game right now in end game, or across all the jobs. I would wager that most of them do not even do Delve, high level Incursion, or D/VD battlefields, yet are trying to convince the development team that they know better about the balance of the game than the devs do. The bad spell suggestions above are a good example, but a lot of the posts here are good too.
    Except SE will just take yet another rdm only spell and give it to smn and geo somehow.

Rdm is nothing but a stun whore and haste/flurry bitch. Even with this new spell all SE has done is add another single spell to rdm rotation. If rdm is to be a desirable job again SE needs to fix the enfeebling magic. Not make B.S. spells like Ardor and nerf rudra because sam's are crying. (I actually know koga sams that actually quit playing the game because of Rudra.)

Simple bridge the gap would be to slightly reduce the bonus that SA/TA and rudra get and beef up other 2hand ws. like reso.... Get rid of that trash -15% attk on ws. Beef up war again, bring ukko back to normal it would fit the game now. Of course it didn't then.

The only thing this update is going to do is make it "sam only" shouts all over again. At least right now I see shouts for any DD, thf mostly but anything is taken with at least 1 thf in pt.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ataraxia View Post
    I guess you are correct about that because I don't think they compare the damage by spamming weapon skills at 1000 tp but they judge it because it's SATA + 3000 TP. Shark Bite is a fail weapon skill and need improvement not Nerf. People judge Thief too soon because they are really good at closing weapon skill chain damage and I thought that was the whole point of FFXI was to work as a team / save TP to perform weapon skills.
    The real funny part? Sharkbite right now is already worse than rudra's was pre buff... ya know back when no one cared about it.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post

And yet sams were still keeping up and yet I can hit just as high ws dmg with several other ws
    (2)

Player
    Also did nobody notice:

“Ardor.” We elected to add this spell in order to decrease the gaps in damage dealt between the various melee jobs.

Makes 0 sense logically.

"In order to decrease the gaps in damage dealt across jobs, we decided to add a spell to a non-melee job that won't be there in all situations, and that when they are, they will most likely put the jobs that are currently on top further on top. (becuase these are the main skillchainers in current content, due to weaponskill and skillchain distributions)."

And they're nerfing Rudra's in part because of how it would interact with Ardor, instead of this, maybe try not adding Ardor, giving Rdm another spell, and reevaluating how other DD jobs work.
    (4)

Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast