Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    Some people do this, sure, but it is by no means required.

The only boss this is done on is Tojil, by the way, and that is because of Incinerating Lahar which inflicts Weakness. You can survive this without stunning it, however for pug groups, preventing it from happening is the safest strategy.

Remember when I said that people who don't even do Delve or understand it are trying to suggest balance changes? I think that's you right now.

Could you go without a BRD? Sure, but it would be a bad idea in many cases, because you'd be missing out on all that extra haste.

Why do you keep blaming the game for what is the community's fault? RUN can tank everything in the game except the most difficult content.

Besides that, PLD is just often stronger in general; certainly not required to be stronger in most cases, but still.

You're correct, NIN could use some buffs in this department, or content needs to be adjusted to stop eating so many shadows. SE has already acknowledged this and implemented a lot of new content (Unity NMs, maybe vagary) where Ninjas could tank much more comfortably. However, again, do you see any Ninjas? Because I don't see anyone playing Ninjas. They can DD pretty well, even better if SE decides to fix Blade: Hi like they said they were going to recently

COR and GEO are used in tons of content; COR is not used a replacement to BRD due to lack of lullaby and hastes. GEO is extremely powerful, but there is still a lack of people playing it, and a lot of people do quite poorly at it. I've invited many random GEOs, and none of them nuke or enfeeble, and even though I tell them exactly what buffs/debuffs I desire, they have a hard time doing it for some reason.

SMN is getting buffs, but is actually a decent buffing job now. They just have a hefty gear requirement (in addition to a lot of swapping around gear required) and are a bit unorthodox to play with buff/favor juggling, but the buffs we're getting is actually helping that.
    You say I keep blaming the community and that's partly true, but not entirely. Yes, I've done delve. I've done Tojil, Dakuwaqa, and Muyingwa, still haven't won, but that's usually from timing out. I know most of the bosses game mechanics that I can find (Delve 2 Mobs have little info posted for some reason) It's easy to read up on them, but what good is reading going to do when there's nothing you can do to compare to another job? You don't see Ninjas any where? (They're doing their job right then, but jokes aside.) Could it be not because people don't want to play them, but because they CAN'T play them. The general mechanic for a job that designed to avoid damage is Broken as hell, and SE knows this. So why play something that can't be used to it's greatest potential. PUP, it has the equal output as MNK. They CAN deal great Damage, but MNK wins out because it has more HP. COR, it can sleep things, it has Light shot, but can use it twice, but because their dice roll doesn't actually 'haste' they get the shaft most of time. SMN is the Master of Crowd Control when it come to Mobs that Don't share enmity. Even when comes to buffs, the only thing that SMN can't give is decent ACC+. RUN is somewhat difficult, I'll give you that, but players that ACTUALLY play don't get that chance, because as YOU SAID: "except in the most difficult content"... Which is 80% of the end-game they can't handle that. This stupid spell isn't going to do ANYTHING to help these other jobs that need help. and Nerfing Rudra's is going to kill people that want to play DNC. This game as 22 jobs, and more than half of them can't do things from peoples stubbornness, lacking capacity, or from just lack of survivability.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I agree that balancing the other melee jobs around a spell is kind of silly, and maybe they should reconsider that part, but it still doesn't change the fact that Rudra's Storm did too much damage.

There was no "versatility." Everyone started playing THF because Rudra's Storm was overpowered. Now it's getting nerfed. Yay.

I would rather not all the content in the game be melted like Rudra's Storm is doing to it right now. Then you're gonna say "but but but Samurai is strong too!" and my response is relax, they said they were adjusting Samurai as well.

You're right, and by your logic, they might not even nerf Rudra's. They are "considering" those dagger changes just like they are "considering" SAM changes.

Source? Also, they did buff 2 handed weapons, considering the huge damage augments they get from skirmish.
    I think you are quoting multiple people in one response without who you are quoting and it is quite confusing. I don't know if we are playing the same game, but I have never, not once, since the update done anything that was all thiefs (granted I play with people who excel to the self-proclaimed OP rudras on other jobs). I understand the benefits again of it on something like wanted, which was already even pointed out on the communities rep to blowing stuff like that up, but when you do actual end game content where things don't die in 5s whether you are a thief or not, you will see other jobs like blu and dnc and sam etc equally parsing. Again, this is all based solely you aren't playing with bad players, because lets face it, some people obviously play jobs bad. I've watched thiefs who do 30k+ rudras parse under almost all other DDs in the end of a parse, so..... You also seem confused on how fast content is dying as if people weren't already doing content at the same speed before rudras updates. I've seen groups of people for example do delve just as fast before rudras was the in thing, as people were doing it with rudras afterwards.

Also Thanks for telling me what I'm going to say I guess?
    (2)

Player
    Your walls of text are very hard to read. Can't you space it out a little?

but because they CAN'T play them.
    Uhhh, I don't think there's anything stopping people from trying to play Ninjas. Worst thing that could happen is they get turned down from a group invite, but again, that's not SE's fault.

The general mechanic for a job that designed to avoid damage is Broken as hell, and SE knows this.
    No, it actually functions quite well on a lot of content, just not everything, and not enough to turn you into a "blink tank" that can sit there and soak everything the mob throws at you. A lot of DDs still sub NIN for the shadows in battlefields and stuff, and for a DD NIN, it works even better. With the addition of Utsusemi: San, this only got better.

but MNK wins out because it has more HP.
    I don't think I've ever heard of a situation where someone denied a PUP because it doesn't have the HP of a Monk...

COR, it can sleep things, it has Light shot, but can use it twice, but because their dice roll doesn't actually 'haste' they get the shaft most of time.
    You're right, but they're a fantastic buffer when haste is not needed, thus in conjunction with a GEO or BRD (which, it is used for). CORs go to Yorcia delve, Marjami delve, and sometimes even Kamihr delve, for a few examples.

SMN is the Master of Crowd Control
    I'm not even going to touch this.

Which is 80% of the end-game they can't handle that.
    No, the most difficult content would be *some* VD battlefields, super tanking on something like Divine Might, and extremely high level Incursion. RUN has no problem in delves or any battlefield lower than VD.

and Nerfing Rudra's is going to kill people that want to play DNC.
    DNC is a DD support, not a full on DD job. The support they provide is actually quite high and very useful; they shouldn't be able to deal the absurd amounts of damage they currently do, which is because of how strong Rudra's is. Odds are if people are playing DNC right now, they're going to keep playing it after the update.

This game as 22 jobs, and more than half of them can't do things from peoples stubbornness, lacking capacity, or from just lack of survivability.
    This is just false as well. The majority if not all the jobs in the game are actually in a much better state now than ever; the community is just extremely slow to catch on. They're all usable in modern day content. There will always be some content that favors some jobs over others (THF on Wopket is just bad because of his intense pierce resist) but that's beside the point.
    (0)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-14-2015 at 11:11 AM.

Character
    Carcer
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    source is top of page 6, crevox. Also, you've made your opinion clear that you're in disagreement. Can we keep the thread going with more voices and their opinion as well?
    (1)

I'm not even going to touch this.
    You don't have to, I'll be happy to school you on the art, seeing how you and I share the same main job. Seeing how Delve seems to be the topic that keeps popping up. I'll use that as the example. People have this tendency to sack pull all the mobs near the mega boss. But a SMN can purge Enmity of all those aggroed mobs with a well place AoE Bloodpact. As long as they are touched by something else I.E.: A Bard's Horde Lullaby. Then all the enmity is then placed on to the Avatar and a simple drag and release will mean less fighting hassle for the party. You're welcome.
    (0)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Player
    source is top of page 6, crevox. Also, you've made your opinion clear that you're in disagreement. Can we keep the thread going with more voices and their opinion as well?
    I have my pages set higher, and I was asking for a source where SE said they were buffing 2 handed jobs.

As for your other comment, yeah sure, sorry. I just don't like all these false statements by people who have no real experience to even understand what they're saying, saying things like stun locking out all delve bosses, Slow is useless because of Elegy, etc.

You don't have to, I'll be happy to school you on the art, seeing how you and I share the same main job. Seeing how Delve seems to be the topic that keeps popping up. I'll use that as the example. People have this tendency to sack pull all the mobs near the mega boss. But a SMN can purge Enmity of all those aggroed mobs with a well place AoE Bloodpact. As long as they are touched by something else I.E.: A Bard's Horde Lullaby. Then all the enmity is then placed on to the Avatar and a simple drag and release will mean less fighting hassle for the party. You're welcome.
    This is actually the wrong way to do it, but this is useless anyways. Even in something like Yorcia Weald delve, pulling a boss away from the rest of the trash near it is difficult (hard to get close to the boss) and often pointless. You either assault your pet onto the boss (you have to be within a certain range of the boss and NOT the trash) or you assault a trash mob, the boss links, and then you release your pet. Even if you do that, that trash mob you assaulted is STILL going to come with the boss; you're just going to avoid pulling the rest, so ultimately, you still get ONE unless you managed to get in range of the boss (while risking face pulling).

For Yorcia, you have to kill the trash anyways because it's in the way between you and the next boss, so pulling the boss away from it is useless (you could've just slept them). You could do it so you don't HAVE to sleep them, and I do, but again, this is not really all that useful, cause you're going to kill them anyways. When it comes to the mega boss, you need to be in range of the boss to even do this, which means walking THROUGH the trash to get to it, or sicking your pet on the trash to get to the boss, but whenever your pet "Assaults" something, once it dies or is released, the mobs will aggro on you afterward.

In the end, the most optimal thing you get out of doing this is avoiding killing a couple trash mobs. The reason I said "I'm not going to touch this" is because this strategy is so very situational on the placement of the mobs and is such a minor gain that it's not even worth mentioning, let alone as a "plus" for the job.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-14-2015 at 11:26 AM.

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    I have my pages set higher, and I was asking for a source where SE said they were buffing 2 handed jobs.
    It wasn't directly said, but was definitely implied. The quote has been used not just several times in this thread but other threads.

Can we please stop with the "I'm right you are wrong" comments you keep using like you are the only one in these forums that actually does end game.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I don't think I've ever heard of a situation where someone denied a PUP because it doesn't have the HP of a Monk...
    I don't remember the last time someone even asked to come pup instead of monk. There's probably a reason for that.

DNC is a DD support, not a full on DD job. The support they provide is actually quite high and very useful; they shouldn't be able to deal the absurd amounts of damage they currently do, which is because of how strong Rudra's is. Odds are if people are playing DNC right now, they're going to keep playing it after the update.
    You are grossly exaggerating both the desirability of DNC in a party situation and the damage of Rudra's. DNC is at best tolerated in end game content regardless of their supposedly Very high usefulness. They have only begun to be accepted because their damage is finally on par with other DD's. I can probably count on my fingers the number of times I've seen a DNC in end game content (that wasn't me) prior to the rudra's update. They can add all the utility they want to DNC and any other job for that matter, but it isn't community snobbery keeping those jobs down. It's the content and the jobs themselves. The content simply doesn't require anything that a DNC or THF can do except damage. Everything else is covered by jobs that are already going to be there like bard and whm.

You need to go get a spread sheet or a calculator or something. THF/DNC are not head and shoulders above the rest like you seem to think they are and your droning on about Epeen 3000TP Stacked weapon skills is getting ridiculous. Even if they were, it's not hurting anyone. There's not a single event where people will turn you down if you aren't on THF or DNC right now. Go look through the chat log in town. The only difference now is that instead of shouting for SAM, MNK or RNG, people just shout for a DD. Which is how it should be.
    (2)

Player
    It wasn't directly said, but was definitely implied. The quote has been used not just several times in this thread but other threads.
    Still looking for a source, and "implied" means nothing because everyone keeps saying that SE "promises this" and "promises that" when they've literally never "promised" anything.

I don't remember the last time someone even asked to come pup instead of monk. There's probably a reason for that.
    Because not many people play PUP?

You are grossly exaggerating both the desirability of DNC in a party situation
    This is, again, a fault of the community. The support DNC provides is very useful, with steps being very potent, etc. Simply because the community cannot properly gauge this (it is not as obvious as bard songs) and debuffs are a lot harder to "feel" does not mean they are not effective.

There's not a single event where people will turn you down if you aren't on THF or DNC right now.
    Ever heard of Wopket? The big tree with like 90% pierce resist that THF and DNC can't touch? Yeah, that guy. Yorcia delve is a no no for these jobs, and no pug dares touch Marjami with melee jobs.

Can we please stop with the "I'm right you are wrong" comments you keep using like you are the only one in these forums that actually does end game.
    I mean, if I'm wrong, feel free to say so, but I don't think I've said anything that was false, besides the possible subjective things (rudra's being too strong). I'm correcting misinformation.

Either way, like I said, I'm going to stop posting so others can share their opinion, as I've already stated mine (Rudras is getting nerfed AWESOMEAWESOMEAWESOME). Just don't be surprised if I reply when someone posts something at me.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 03-14-2015 at 11:50 AM.

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Take whatever you want however you want. I'm just stating its been quoted several times. Spend 5 seconds and use the search feature.

I should also make claims that you are making false statements with no experience or you wouldn't say rudras is overpowered and that no other jobs compete type comments. It seems your experience is wanted?
    (2)

Page 8 of 22 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 ... LastLast