Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast
    Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    It was on La Theine Leige, when I was helping my friend farm empyrean items. I was there to help, because helping people is what I spend most of my FFXI time doing. Because I'm a helpful friendly player, or a "liar" and all the other cheap nasty insults that you and the other uptight hostile FFXI Forum characters call me, just for making a passing comment about my own opinion based on my actual experiences.
    One of two things is true here:

A) You are arguing dishonestly about weaponskill damage balance by citing Abyssea numbers...

or

B) You actually think that this is a relevant argument for the discussion at hand, and are therefor unqualified to be speaking about job balance considerations in the first place.

Either way, it is harmful to the discussion at hand and *hostile* to the THF job since it is getting nerfed into the ground based on the outcry of the uninformed/uneducated/unqualified masses.

PS: This discussion isn't just about Rudra. They are nerfing them all. Even sharkbite. Let that sink in....THF is not even going to be current level SHARK BITE strong after this nerf. Are you people serious with this garbage?
    (1)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-18-2015 at 12:32 AM.

Character
    Finuve
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    WAR, SAM, DRK, DRG

Many jobs dont have utility outside of bash face. SAM skillchaining doesnt somehow give them more utility, its just extension of their damage.
    DRG I guess has some extra survivability

DRK is back onto the lowest place on the totem pole. Its a lot of fun getting stuck on my Tsurumaru SAM instead of my relic DRK
    (1)

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    WAR, SAM, DRK, DRG

Many jobs dont have utility outside of bash face. SAM skillchaining doesnt somehow give them more utility
    Actually it does. SC's are a grouping mechanic that were designed to provide synergy with mages and melee. Giving mages more MACC and damage is most certainly utility.

All of those jobs you listed also have many more relevant utlity options than you are arguing (especially that relic DRK). Which is either dishonest, uninformed or biased.

See the pattern/problem here?
    (0)

4. 03-18-2015 12:48 AM

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    My oppinion is that chicken babies are born from oak tree parents (hatched from acorns). That doesn't seem right to me since birds also live in the trees. We should cut down the forest.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-18-2015 at 01:36 AM.

6. 03-18-2015 01:00 AM

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There is help available for you, specially-trained caring people who want to help you get well.
    That is comforting. God knows I need it.

I wonder if there is someone that could help you actually understand the math? Or game mechanics? Or endgame job balance issues? Or any of the subjects you are commenting on.
    (3)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-19-2015 at 02:52 AM.

Character
    Mooserocka
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    I'm still newer to the game. I decided to main dancer. I didn't know about rudra right away. I didn't get invited to anything. Now that I have rudra I'm invited to stuff. I'm hoping they don't kill it and it's still viable. Dnc will prob never be in anything now. Without rudra my damage was horrible. On dnc rudra isn't an op ability with how high the cd is for climactic. This really is not right for people that love dancer and bard. I was getting tired of seeing 80 percent of the community as thieves. Maybe for thief it was needed but for dancer and bard we're screwed.
    (1)

Character
    Kassaiemi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Finuve View Post
    WAR, SAM, DRK, DRG

Many jobs dont have utility outside of bash face. SAM skillchaining doesnt somehow give them more utility, its just extension of their damage.
    DRG I guess has some extra survivability

DRK is back onto the lowest place on the totem pole. Its a lot of fun getting stuck on my Tsurumaru SAM instead of my relic DRK
    Skillchains are tremendous, SAMs being able to reliably self skillchain is why everyone does Yorcia with 2x SAMs, because the Light chain removes Wopket's aura quickly and easily (and he's weak to slashing, but). SAMs also get every L2 skillchain property, so they can chain anything any time easily, and as was mentioned earlier, a SAM with sufficient TP generation can indefinitely L2 skillchain. Or two SAMs with slightly less TP gen can do the same, if coordinated. Honestly I think Machini's theory that THF WSes are being nerfed precisely because THFs can infinitely chain like SAMs can has merit, as far as we can tell there's no actual cap to how high the bonus damage for a skill chain can go -- everything dies too quickly.

Additionally, SAMs also have the ability to use Namas/Apex Arrow, adding to their versatility on some fights like Pil, for instance.

Quote Originally Posted by Mooserocka View Post
    I'm still newer to the game. I decided to main dancer. I didn't know about rudra right away. I didn't get invited to anything. Now that I have rudra I'm invited to stuff. I'm hoping they don't kill it and it's still viable. Dnc will prob never be in anything now. Without rudra my damage was horrible. On dnc rudra isn't an op ability with how high the cd is for climactic. This really is not right for people that love dancer and bard. I was getting tired of seeing 80 percent of the community as thieves. Maybe for thief it was needed but for dancer and bard we're screwed.
    Fortunately, at 1k TP, Pyrrhic Kleos with Terpsichore is better damage than Rudra's at 1k TP currently, so it'll be even better after whatever nerfs we get. Unfortunately, that means going through the work and effort to get a Terpsichore.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kassaiemi; 03-18-2015 at 02:26 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Crevox View Post
    I understand some people here are not so happy about Rudra's Storm getting changed, but there's really no need for hostility at all.

Can we please discuss this maturely and kindly? Stompa is one of the most positive people here; just because you might disagree with something she posts doesn't mean you need to jump down her throat. Let's try to be constructive.
    Yeah and Stompa just happens to agree with you. At best she just doesn't know what she is talking about, and at worst she is intentionally misguiding people. When comparing her two ws damages she listed all the things she was using to buff her war, and then claimed her thf was gimp and under geared. Now Pillager's isn't best in slot, but it is far from under geared, and believe it or not, but the +50 dex from atma of the razed ruins is quite the boon when using a ws with an 80% dex mod. Now I'm willing to believe that she isn't intentionally lying and just doesn't know that attack caps at a 2.25 ratio, and that her atma was giving her the stats most crucial to rudra's storm damage, but these still invalidate the point she was trying to make.

Anywho, I don't actually know much about how much damage war is doing at the moment, so I went to the ffxiah guide for war, aka the people who do. The first pages are out of date, so if you want to get a good feel for war damage you need to go to the last few pages. Turns out acro armor is a huge buff to war, probably drk and drg too. Drg was already hot on sam's tail, but now so are war and drk. So your war is gimp, not your thf. Thf doesn't need a nerf. Thf is only best DD is there are other jobs to open skillchains for it to close, and that's only if you attribute the skillchain damage to the thf and not as part of some group effort.
    (0)

11. 03-18-2015 03:23 AM

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you don't understand why people are arguing with you, I'll explain.

You are using this subjective, somewhat flawed observation:

all I said was my Rudras were hitting for larger numbers than my Upheaval, quite often.
    To declare this, as an objective, universal truth:

daggers do more damage than gaxes.
    Forgetting the fact that you arent taking into account WS frequency, Melee damage, buff levels, targets, your own skill level and gear variances relative to job maximums, etc and focusing only on singlular WS numbers....you cannot make staments like that and expect people to take them seriiously. Regardless of whether or not you are right, the argument is flawed.

For example: My BLM regularly out damages my SAM. Therefor Magic Spells > Great Katana damage. I feel this is not right that some silly spells should do more damage than sharp pointy things. BLM needs a nerf.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-19-2015 at 02:52 AM.

13. 03-18-2015 03:47 AM

Character
    Nebo
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Again, I was posting my own experiences.
    Except you weren't. You were using your personal experiences to say that daggers (in general) deal more damage than great axes and that this (general) situation doesn't make sense. One is personal, one is not. Can you really not see the difference?

And just as an aside, you are not being attacked. Only your arguments. Regardless of any retorts from your end implying that I need help : (THAT would be a personal character attack. Calling someone a patronizing person is a personal character attack, etc).

I don't know you, you don't know me. I'm not overly interested in your oppinion of my character and neither should you be.
    (0)
    Last edited by Nebo; 03-18-2015 at 04:40 AM.

Page 14 of 22 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 16 ... LastLast