Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Well perception is everything. Are they not worth using because Rudra's is a thing or are they genuinely out of balance? They could buff other dagger WS at the same time.
    They aren't worth using because the amount of damage done while just auto attacking during the time is about the same, unless you get really lucky with crits on evisceration. Why do you think you never see thieves using anything other than Rudra's? There is a reason for it.
    (2)

Character
    Falseliberty
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    WHY IS MERCY STROKE AND MANDALIC STAB GETTING NERFED...!?!
    I'm gonna go to a furniture store today and flip every dam table in the joint then play homeless bum homerun derby.

P.S. then steal all the polar bears and hide all the maple syrup in canada

P.S.S ME NO LIKE THING SE... to everyone else happy friday
    (10)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    You know what would be a good thing? If they actually told us what their plans for the ftp was before they have the update. Then we could idk maybe give them some sort of feed back on what is too high and what is too low instead of causing a panic and rioting.
    (1)

Character
    Jeanpaul
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    While I'd agree there's certainly a gap between the damage WSs can do, it seems to me the issue for the development team is really skillchain damage, something that heavily favors jobs like SAM (in frequency) and THF (in potency). One way to manage this would be to temporarily reduce the skillchain damage for a weaponskill as it is used repeatedly in a skillchain.

Example: A Samurai uses Tachi: Fudo alone to make Light skillchains repeatedly. While the first skillchain would do full damage, repeated skillchains using Fudo would grow weaker, gradually restoring to their full damage over time if the SAM alters his strategy. During this time, the SAM would probably want to use other weaponskills for their skillchain damage, or instead open a skillchain for another player using a different weapon altogether.

The potency/duration of this effect could be affected by the level of the skillchain, and how many weaponskills were used in conjunction. As such, a low level skillchain consisting of 2 weaponskills would not hinder the long-term skillchain damage as heavily as a 6-step skillchain that closes with a powerful Rudra's Storm and Darkness. This would not only increase the strategic value of other weaponskills, but encourages teamwork with other jobs as well, such as WAR or DRK who have a variety of weapon and skillchain options.
    (1)
    Last edited by JeanPaul; 03-14-2015 at 05:32 AM.

Character
    Jsmooth
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    WAR Lv 99

Sam?

They said THF and SAM in the opening statement, but never mentioned SAM again????? What is SE going to do to make other 2h dd jobs on par with SAM. ( war,drk,drg ).

They need to close the gap on 2h jobs. They need to discuss what they are doing about SAM, not just THF.
    (5)

Character
    Jebas
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Little early for April Fools isn't it?
    (5)

Character
    Hunibubu
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Slow claps to all the SAMs who cried that THFs were doing higher damage than they were. Waiting now to hear SAMs start crying how mages can nuke mobs to death with tier 1 spells with no time delay or mana spent and begging for SE to throw the nerf bat at them.
    (5)
    Last edited by geekgirl101; 03-14-2015 at 06:23 AM.
    Hello my party fellows, sorry I'm late!
    My chocobo passed out because I'm overweight.

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by geekgirl101 View Post
    Slow claps to all the SAMs who cried that THFs were doing higher damage than they were. Waiting now to hear SAMs start crying how mages can nuke mobs to death with tier 1 spells with no time delay or mana spent and begging for SE to throw the nerf bat at them.
    The sad part was sam was still keeping up with thf... now sounds like thf will basically just use evisceration assuming it ever gets used.

I'm having a really hard time understand nerfing the other ws as well. Mandalic is miles behind rudra's to the point where even with mythic it isn't as much dmg as rudra's. Mercy stroke with relic (which isn't exactly optimal dagger to use) is merely on par with some decent 2hd weaponskills at 1000 tp... but gains nothing as you gain tp. And sharkbite even at 3000 tp will get smashed by pretty much any other ws that anyone uses right now at 1000 tp
    (1)

Player
    [QUOTE=Akihiko_Matsui;542969]Hail, adventurers! Matsui here with an update for you.

I would like to inform you that, based on your feedback, we have begun to consider balance adjustments for melee jobs, specifically the thief and samurai, in the March version update.

Important message for Akihiko_Matsui I know this is a little late but please reconsider and do more testing. If you bring down dagger weapon skill than you are making sword, axe and katana on top of the list. I don't think it's a good idea to Nerf thief weapon skill because right now the job is very popular and many people love to play thief. Thief can't clear content without the help of Bard and White Mage and it is the same for all other melee job. The adjustment to weapon skills that need major improvement are shark bit and aeolian edge along with other elemental weapon skills for sword, axe, katana, club, great axe, great sword, and staff.

I am really concern about Ardor spell because this will make Rdm getting all the attention to every content and that is not good. I know SA and TA make thief a good damage dealer but that's just how the job works.

Improve accuracy of melee and weapon skill damage:

Monk
    Samurai
    Dark Knight
    Warrior
    Dragoon
    Rune Fencer

I say NO to Ardor spell! Please let's not take a step backward for FFXI future with nerf but a step going forward and making it better allowing other job to close the cap.

Yes! To:

Regen III and IV spell for Red Mage and Paladin.
    Cure III and IV spell for Run Fencer.
    Regen spell duration double for White Mage Only.
    Sch, Blm, Geo, Run, PLd have their own haste spell since there is haste II now.
    (1)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    The sad part was sam was still keeping up with thf... now sounds like thf will basically just use evisceration assuming it ever gets used.

I'm having a really hard time understand nerfing the other ws as well. Mandalic is miles behind rudra's to the point where even with mythic it isn't as much dmg as rudra's. Mercy stroke with relic (which isn't exactly optimal dagger to use) is merely on par with some decent 2hd weaponskills at 1000 tp... but gains nothing as you gain tp. And sharkbite even at 3000 tp will get smashed by pretty much any other ws that anyone uses right now at 1000 tp
    I guess you are correct about that because I don't think they compare the damage by spamming weapon skills at 1000 tp but they judge it because it's SATA + 3000 TP. Shark Bite is a fail weapon skill and need improvement not Nerf. People judge Thief too soon because they are really good at closing weapon skill chain damage and I thought that was the whole point of FFXI was to work as a team / save TP to perform weapon skills.
    (3)

Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 15 ... LastLast