Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

Threnody, Requiem, Elegy, and Finale rarely land for me.

Singing, Wind, and String instrument skills are all capped.

It's gotta be my gear. I'm a pretty casual Bard. I guess I need more stuff with Magic Accuracy? I tried to close the gap by equipping Baqil Staff, which gives Magic Accuracy Skill +177. Is there a difference between Magic Accuracy and Magic Accuracy Skill?

So anyway, I'm not a big serious Bard. I have Terpander for 3 songs and Eminent Flute for boosting existing songs. I capped my skills by dumping sparks on skillup tomes. I have no plans to get Daurdabla or Gjallhorn.

Can you guys recommend some decent gear? I don't need to be world's best Bard, but I need my Reqiuems and Elegies to OCCASIONALLY work.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    On what targets?
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    On what targets?
    Anything that is a decent level of challenge at Item Level. Most recently Sybaritic Samantha (Level 119 Unity NM in Yhoator Jungle). I tried to throw some Requiems to tamp down her insane Regen. Also tried some Finale and didn't have much luck.

Earlier, I did a Ceizak Delve run as Bard. It wasn't until we got to the big wamoura thingie (Taxet?) that the leader informed me I had to debuff it. Which I couldn't do because I never geared to debuff things (why would I? I always thought the role of Bard was to sing songs to buff the other players).
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Well most of this stuff is designed around you having the macc from the ilvl slots corresponding to the lvl of the mob
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    Well most of this stuff is designed around you having the macc from the ilvl slots corresponding to the lvl of the mob
    I get that. But there's a billion different pieces of gear out there and I have no clue which to pick.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    I get that. But there's a billion different pieces of gear out there and I have no clue which to pick.
    a good ilevel weapon with a decent magic acc skill: Twebuliij, Venabulum, Ngqoqwanb, Staccato, Marin all work
    for armor, if you haven't gotten good magic acc augments from the new alluvion skirmish armor you can go with the following which are fairly easy to get:
    head: Bihu Roundlet +1
    neck: wind torque
    earrings: lifestorm and psystorm
    body: aoidos' hongreline +2
    hands: bihu cuffs +1
    rings: if you don't have renaye, sangoma and perception are easy to get
    back: rhapsode's cape
    waist: ovate rope
    legs: bihu cannions +1
    feet: artsieq boots magic acc path

and of course, if you don't have a gjallarhorn, make sure you are using the right instrument with the + of that song you are singing.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    and of course, if you don't have a gjallarhorn, make sure you are using the right instrument with the + of that song you are singing.
    Thanks I'll look into that later. I'm seeing a lot of "Bihu" stuff... which is relic reforged (or maybe artifact, I can't remember). Luckily I have a ton of spare Rem's chapters.

But regarding this last comment... are the + to specific song categories that important? I have Eminent Flute (All Songs +2). Gjallhorn at 99 is just All Songs +4. Is the extra +2 push that important for anything other than, like, Ballad? What does that mean? I know Ballad is +2 MP per tic Refresh, which is pretty huge, but can't figure what it means for other stuff.

Also can anyone clarify the difference between "Matic Accuracy Skill +" and "Magic Accuracy +"?
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Elegy is a set potency so +song will only affect duration. Lullaby duration is also affected by +song. Other songs like Threnody and Requiem have increased potency and duration.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So analyzing this now that I have more time. I write this primarily so I can reference my notes later.

Quote Originally Posted by Protey View Post
    a good ilevel weapon with a decent magic acc skill: Twebuliij, Venabulum, Ngqoqwanb, Staccato, Marin all work
    TwebuliijI think I have the key item for (beat NM out in the field a while. Don't have enough plasm but I can probably raise it fairly easily.
    Ngqoqwanb is out of my reach (don't have that boss beaten). Venabulum maybe but repeated Ark Angel TT kills are more effort than I want to put into this. Ditto fo Stacatto Staff. Marinlooks kind of sexy and there's a lot of runs for that Cape Terigan bird I could get in on.

Currently I have Baqil Staff (Magic accuracy skill +177) with Magic Accuracy +15 augment. Looks like the 2 frontrunners from the staff list you showed give a pretty good boost (+51) on that Magic Accuracy skill but at a cost of Magic Accuracy -15.

for armor, if you haven't gotten good magic acc augments from the new alluvion skirmish armor you can go with the following which are fairly easy to get:
    head: Bihu Roundlet +1
    I've got the base piece and the Rem's chapters for this. Just need either the Forgotten Thoughts or ancient currency. Can probably knock most of that out in one Dynamis farming run.

neck: wind torque
    I've been trying to get one of these for years, never seen on the auction house. Might just stick with Aoidos' Matinee here.

earrings: lifestorm and psystorm
    Already have the key items to buy these, just need to raise the plasm.

body: aoidos' hongreline +2
    I think I was using this for a while but switched to Yigit Gomlek for Song Spellcasting time -10%. I still have it with the Porter Moogle so I'll withdraw it later.

hands: bihu cuffs +1
    As before, already have the Rem's chapters, just need to drop some gil on the auction house. I know I have some Bihu stuff already but I can't remember what. Might already have this.

rings: if you don't have renaye, sangoma and perception are easy to get
    Renaye is out; I already got Woltaris for my WHM and BLM.
    Sangoma I can't get because I don't have Ceizak Delve win, but that's largely due to my own reluctance to do Delve. A linkshell member of mine does Delve just about every day, and a couple guys have offered help in getting wins.
    Perception is sparks gear, so I'll get that right away.

back: rhapsode's cape
    Already have this. I think I can augment this with Refractive Crystals though. Any thoughts on augments?

waist: ovate rope
    Never heard of this before, and I can see why. Microcosmic Orb drop? Who does those? But it seems I can just get on auction house or possible wrangle some LS members and try my luck at fight.

legs: bihu cannions +1
    See above for Bihu hands.

feet: artsieq boots magic acc path
    Another Delve item I can buy if I raise some more plasm.

Okay thanks for the input. Looks like I have a game plan now. Looks like a lot of this stuff I can just throw money at and get fairly easily within a week or two, aside from that Sangoma Ring.
    (0)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    If you can't get a wind torque you could try for a Canto necklace +1 from the unity nm Joyous Green. I think it might actually be better than a wind torque because of all the CHA.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast