Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Salvage II update

Hello SE,

The current state of alexandrite supply is horrendous!

Thankfully, I have a fix. Allow the ramparts on the gear floor to spawn unlimited sets of gears, as time permits.

Salvage is currently 100 minutes, but most clear it in 30-40 minutes. What happens to the 70-60 minutes remaining? Well, we could just stand there twiddling our thumbs or warp out.

Allow us to utilize all 100 minutes of salvage as described by my proposal above.
    (6)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Or they could just make the drop rate on the cottons and extra linen not horrible. Maybe then more people will take the time to get all nms
    (4)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Really? I just completed Yagrush about a month ago, and in the weeks prior to that made some huge Alexandrite shopping sprees. I didn't have trouble finding much. I bought probably 130 million gil worth. I just browsed the listings on FFXIAH.com, then searched for players in game.

I'd be leery about increasing the Alexandrite supply. It'd drive down the price and hurt people who farm Salvage for gil.
    (1)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Yeah, a month ago the supply was plentiful, but then it suddenly dried up. I'm attributing the temporary increase in supply as a result of the Salvage hack.

Demand for alex is very high at the moment. Supply can be comfortably increased without affecting prices. In fact, I'm seeing prices go up because supply is so low.
    (6)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I doubt SE would do anything that could affect Alex prices until they are sure the price has stabilised from all the salvage pos hacking. Maybe it already has, I don't really know, haven't sold alex in a very long time as I'm hoarding it for a Burtgang.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    Really? I just completed Yagrush about a month ago, and in the weeks prior to that made some huge Alexandrite shopping sprees. I didn't have trouble finding much. I bought probably 130 million gil worth. I just browsed the listings on FFXIAH.com, then searched for players in game.
    You didn't have trouble finding alex because people created an absurd amount of it duping bosses dozens of timers per run.
    (4)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Hello SE,

The current state of alexandrite supply is horrendous!

Thankfully, I have a fix. Allow the ramparts on the gear floor to spawn unlimited sets of gears, as time permits.

Salvage is currently 100 minutes, but most clear it in 30-40 minutes. What happens to the 70-60 minutes remaining? Well, we could just stand there twiddling our thumbs or warp out.

Allow us to utilize all 100 minutes of salvage as described by my proposal above.
    Isn't this precisely what the cheaters started doing once the trick to respawn Khim was patched?
    (0)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    No, they hacked the game to do it. My suggestion is to make it a viable option to use the entire 100 minutes, much like dynamis for its full 2 hours.
    (3)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    You didn't have trouble finding alex because people created an absurd amount of it duping bosses dozens of timers per run.
    Wasn't that only on 1 or 2 servers? Browsing FFXIAH.com listings, the numbers on Carbuncle aren't much worse than they were before.

I think this is all just temporary because people are moving away from Salvage for gil farming and doing new Alluvion Yorcia and refractive crystals. But that market will taper off soon enough.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I know it was true on asura. They had alex prices down to 6k each for a while, now they're back at 7k. To be honest, under 10k each I don't feel it's worth my time when I could make more money faster elsewhere.
    (1)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast