Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Rwolf View Post
    I wouldn't say never, they did have plans previously to add Charm removal to WHM, even if it was through the old manifesto. It's not a huge leap to ask for bringing that consideration back.

[2011 Job Manifesto]
    No need for a White Magic spell to remove charm as already proven by the Assault Mission: Lamia No.13. Already got Dispel, Finale, Dark Shot, Lunar Roar, Geist Wall, Blank Gaze, and recently added Eerie Eye.

Anyways, I'll play along and add my wishlist for SMN Job Point goodies.

Hybrid Spirit Pacts

This is a paragraph about stuff and junk why this is a good idea, blahblah blah, and because Cait Sith was such a disappointment. Also, the Blood Pact Delay -5 Gift from 100 Job Points was rather underwhelming compared to other jobs.

These Hybrid Spirits will only be castable by Lv99 SMN with the prerequisite of um, something which I have no clue of yet. None of the spirits will have a Favor linked to them, similar to current spirits. They will also have a perpetuation cost comparable to Celestial Avatars. The time required to cast a Hybrid Spirit will be equal to Avatars and not Spirits.

The Hybrid Spirits would behave similarly to the current Elemental Spirits, when engaged, they will cast offensive spells when they have been assaulted on a target or auto-assaulted due to aggro. The spells would be based on their element type and the tiers would scale up to V and they will also cast area of effect spells (-aja). Differing from typical Spirits, when passive, these will cast Enhancing Black and White Magic spells on themselves. Another distinguishing feature compared to typical Spirits, these hybrids will use Blood Pacts based on the actual hybrids' abilities. Hybrid Spirits will not have any Ward based Blood Pacts. Under the effect of Astral Flow, they will not gain additional Blood Pacts.

Baelfyr Spirit
    Light/Fire

When passive this spirit will work similarly to the current Light Spirit, due to it's tendency to cast spells randomly such as Protect V and Shell V, Curaga V, Haste II, and MAYBE even Regen V (Although I suppose Regen II should suffice). Those enhancing spells will have priority over the following spells:

Enlight, Enfire, Blaze Spikes, Stoneskin, Blink, Aquaveil

The following offensive spells will be cast at random when assaulted on an enemy target:

Banishga III, Dia III, Banish IV
    Burn, Addle, Fire V, Firaga III, Firaja, Flare II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Baelfyr Spirit only:

Blinding Fulgor - 15' Area Light damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Flash
    Searing Tempest - 15' Area Fire damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: 25 HP Burn

Byrgen Spirit
    Dark/Earth

When passive this spirit will cast the following enhancing spells on itself:

Endrain, Enstone, Dread Spikes, Stoneskin

The following offensive spells will be cast at random when assaulted on an enemy target:

Sleepga II, Bio III, Stun, Dispel, Drain II, Aspir II, all Absorb spells
    Rasp, Slow II, Break/Petrify, Stone V, Stonega III, Stoneja, Quake II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Byrgen Spirit only:

Tenebral Crush - 15' Area Dark damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Knockback
    Entomb - 15' Area Earth damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Petrify

Gefyrst Spirit
    Water/Ice

Enwater, Enblizzard, Aquaveil, Ice Spikes

Drown, Poison III, Water V, Waterga III, Waterja, Flood II
    Frost, Paralyze II, Blizzard V, Blizzaga III, Blizzaja, Freeze II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Gefyrst Spirit only:
    '2
    Spectral Floe - 15' Area Water damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Terror
    Scouring Spate - 15' Area Ice damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Paralyze

Ungeweder Spirit
    Wind/Thunder

Enaero, Enthunder, Blink, Shock Spikes

Silence, Choke, Gravity II, Aero V, Aeroga III, Aeroja, Tornado II
    Shock, Stun, Thunder V, Thundaga III, Thundaja, Burst II

The two following Blood Pact: Rage will be exclusive to the Ungeweder Spirit only:

Silent Storm - 15' Area Wind damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Gravity and Silence
    Anvil Lightning - 15' Area Thunder damage centered on Spirit. Additional effect: Stun

The names of the the aforementioned abilities and the additional effects are based on observations from playing with Escalents in Yorcia Skirmish II. The enemy Hybrid Elementals in game use their special ability attacks when enough TP has been accumulated, the Hybrid Spirits will however be able to use the abilities through the use of Blood Pact Rage. The amount of damage dealt would be modified by TP and by the Summoner's equipment, for example Pet: MAB+, Blood Pact Damage+, and Avatar: TP Bonus. On the contrary, the duration of the additional effects will be based on Summoning Skill and Pet: Magic Accuracy+ on the Summoner's Equipment.

As previously mentioned, all spells would be cast randomly by the Spirit, summoning skill affect "the spirit's AI and will shorten time between spells casts" just like current spirits. All Blood Pacts will have the same MP cost of... 250? MP, except when under the effect of Apogee. All Blood Pacts will (not?) have skill chain properties.
    (0)
    Last edited by Garota; 03-11-2015 at 01:01 PM.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    No need for a White Magic spell to remove charm as already proven by the Assault Mission: Lamia No.13. Already got Dispel, Finale, Dark Shot, Lunar Roar, Geist Wall, Blank Gaze, and recently added Eerie Eye.
    Umm, that's a mechanic unique to that assault. Dispel will not remove charm outside the Lamia#13 assault.

So yes, we could use some charmna.
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    Umm, that's a mechanic unique to that assault. Dispel will not remove charm outside the Lamia#13 assault.

So yes, we could use some charmna.
    Give me something to remove Amnesia instead, sleep the Charmed.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Having party members charmed and unable to contribute at all(and further more trying to kill everyone else), is an even bigger waste of time than being amnesia'd. At least an amnesia'd player can melee(or cast if they're a BLU or something.)

But while I argue that Charm is worse than Amnesia, I would also note that Amnesia is far more common. Thus an Amnesia removal spell would be the more useful of the two.

Thing is, that while Charmna was at least tentatively on the table at one point, I seem to recall SE specifically stating they wouldn't add an amnesia removal spell.

That being said, Just give us both SE. <,<
    (2)
    Last edited by Martel; 03-12-2015 at 12:40 AM.

Greetings!

Thanks for all the job point categories and Gifts ideas! I'd like to comment on a couple of them based on information I received from the development team.

Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    WHM: Amnesna, Charmna
    Similar to encumbered and other ailments that are difficult to manage, we designed charm and amnesia so that the effect durations are short or you can out right dodge them. With that said, the dev. team has no plans to add spells that would remove these enfeebling effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    Hybrid Spirit Pacts

Unfortunately, the development team does not have any plans to implement these kind of spirits for summoner.

Quote Originally Posted by Feary View Post
    Campiagn weaponskills from jps.
    These special weapon skills are not available for every type of weapon, so unlocking these for non-campaign use would be unfair to players who do not use these particular weapons. As such we would like to keep these weapon skills as they are currently.
    (1)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    These special weapon skills are not available for every type of weapon, so unlocking these for non-campaign use would be unfair to players who do not use these particular weapons. As such we would like to keep these weapon skills as they are currently.
    But one could argue that you may as well do it since it's *already* unfair because they exist, even if they don't exist for all content. They should have thought of that when they were originally created, hindsight being 20/20 and all that.

Honestly, as long as they're balanced, I don't think you'd see anyone complaining. Not every weapon necessarily has to have the same number of weapon skills.
    (13)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-01-2015 at 04:58 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    There are more npc weaponskills than just campaign ones. If you take into consideration the addition weaponskills from trusts all the weapon are represented. Even if you don't want to give out the ones for trusts the only jobs missing out are thf, sam, and dnc. Sam could get put on archery ones, thf on marksmanship, and dnc could get some sword or hand to hand ones.
    (1)

Character
    Muras
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    RUN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    To add more to what Alhanelem said, while there may not be a WS for every weapon, I think it works out that at least every job gets a WS (Although I cannot say for sure). After all, until RUN's Ergon weapon was added there wasn't a "Great Sword" mythic WS either, so weapon type isn't really the issue here. Even if every job didn't get a WS, you can't say it's not fair because RUN and GEO can't use any relic/empyrean WSs, and have no equivilants either. SE has already set precendence in either case, so that reasoning doesn't make sense.

In the end, even if not every job got a WS, and even if every weapon didn't get a WS, I can't see many people complaining since the WSs in campaign are already there (Or in the case of weapons without WSs, AREN'T there). With the recent adjustments to WSs, I bet they're not even all that powerful anymore in comparison. It's just something the players can have fun with, which is the entire point of playing a game, so why not?
    (5)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    PUP JP category ideas: Automaton Damage Taken -%, Automaton Attributes +, Ranged attack/Spellcast(/Shield Bash?) delay -, Maintenance effect+ (give a status effect that makes the automaton more likely to resist the removed status effect?)

PUP gift ideas: Ability to equip a few more attachments, Critical hit rate +% (includes automaton), Martial Arts effect

Would love to have any of these. Please consider them!
    (0)

Character
    Zekander
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I would just like to add that dispelling charm is not exclusive to the assault Lamia No. 13. I know that it can at least be used to remove the charm effect from the move used by Corse type mobs. I haven't been able to test it vs BST 2-hour charm though because of one significant drawback, that being that charm has the lowest possible targeting priority for dispel. This means that if the target has any other buffs on them dispel will always target those first; protect, shell, barspells, even JA buffs like berserk or focus must all be dispelled before the charm effect will be targeted. Therefore it is not typically feasible to dispel charm off of another player. Though this could of course be tested, if one were so inclined, by having a player fight a charming mob completely unbuffed, though it might be difficult to find a mob strong enough so that their charm would land and yet weak enough so as to not kill an unbuffed player (or have whoever is healing them take hate and be charmed instead).
    (0)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast