Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings!

These special weapon skills are not available for every type of weapon, so unlocking these for non-campaign use would be unfair to players who do not use these particular weapons. As such we would like to keep these weapon skills as they are currently.
    That's not entirely a fair reasoning.

No job released after Zilart has access to any relic weapon skills (Or weapons themselves). So weapon skill numbers aren't even to begin with, so what is the harm in releasing weapon skills already available in the game to jobs who can use them? And even if weapon skill numbers were even, a lot of jobs can't access the full repertoire of that weapon class anyway. My Rdm doesn't get access to a half dozen club weapon skills and until this update, didn't have access to 4 sword weapon skills, they don't get access to any staff skills, even though they can use a few weapons from that class.

So how are things fair to begin with?
    If you want to make them more fair, why not just unlock special/unique weapon skills trust NPC's use for their respective weapon class to players to balance out weapon categories?
    (3)
    Last edited by Bluestar2kx; 04-01-2015 at 01:11 PM.

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zekander View Post
    I would just like to add that dispelling charm is not exclusive to the assault Lamia No. 13. I know that it can at least be used to remove the charm effect from the move used by Corse type mobs. I haven't been able to test it vs BST 2-hour charm though because of one significant drawback, that being that charm has the lowest possible targeting priority for dispel. This means that if the target has any other buffs on them dispel will always target those first; protect, shell, barspells, even JA buffs like berserk or focus must all be dispelled before the charm effect will be targeted. Therefore it is not typically feasible to dispel charm off of another player. Though this could of course be tested, if one were so inclined, by having a player fight a charming mob completely unbuffed, though it might be difficult to find a mob strong enough so that their charm would land and yet weak enough so as to not kill an unbuffed player (or have whoever is healing them take hate and be charmed instead).
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    Greetings!

Thanks for all the job point categories and Gifts ideas! I'd like to comment on a couple of them based on information I received from the development team.

Similar to encumbered and other ailments that are difficult to manage, we designed charm and amnesia so that the effect durations are short or you can out right dodge them. With that said, the dev. team has no plans to add spells that would remove these enfeebling effects.

Unfortunately, the development team does not have any plans to implement these kind of spirits for summoner.

These special weapon skills are not available for every type of weapon, so unlocking these for non-campaign use would be unfair to players who do not use these particular weapons. As such we would like to keep these weapon skills as they are currently.
    This... pretty strongly implies that you're wrong.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, the dev statement there would make no sense, if there was already a method for removing either of those status.
    (2)

Character
    Ovjang
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    GEO Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    This... pretty strongly implies that you're wrong.

EDIT: In case it wasn't clear, the dev statement there would make no sense, if there was already a method for removing either of those status.
    Does this count?

(2)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Smartass. lol. But point taken.

I guess I should have said they wouldn't bother saying they won't add spells to remove said effect if dispel worked for that, because there would already be a spell for it. So they'd have just said, "You can already remove x with x, thus..."

But who cares about logic right? I'll go play with some corses/charm using NMs later and screenshot dispel having no effect on a charmed player with 0 buffs.
    (0)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Garota View Post
    No need for a White Magic spell to remove charm as already proven by the Assault Mission: Lamia No.13. Already got Dispel, Finale, Dark Shot, Lunar Roar, Geist Wall, Blank Gaze, and recently added Eerie Eye.
    Weak counterpoint, no offense. WHM has none of those abilities on main, even if they can get from support jobs. It would be akin to saying why add a Carbuncle Erase pact, when there was already Erase, Sacrifice, Esuna, Winds of Promyvion, etc.

Either way, I'm ok with them not adding it as they've shortened the duration as of late. I was only replying that it wasn't impossible, nor is any addition of an ability that another job already has.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    So.

Here's your corse charm

No effect. The resist message for dispel says "resists the spell". The no effect message means that there's not a dispelable status on the target.

And then two other charm using NMs while I'm at it. Though neither is an actual BST mob.

No effect, no effect, no effect.

Again, dispel removing charm is a unique function of the Lamia no. 13 assault. It won't work anywhere else on any other charm.
    (10)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    I'm still farming Jobpoints on my Warrior. Arranging those deckchairs on the Titanic! I will keep doing it until the end, because I love Jobpoints and I think it is the best system feature that SE have added in the last 6 years.

I'm still hoping that future SU gear, assuming there will be some, (SU3~5) will actually be JSE, since Jobpoints are a job-specific system. I got 200 Jobpoints on WAR, allowing me to equip SU gear on War only, but the SU gear is not for War only, it is for a plethora of jobs. I'm still hope that the final SU gear will be job-specific, and will have useful powerful job-specific bonuses that reflect the Herculean effort a person has put into getting 200+ Jobpoints on that particular job. And maybe make the final highest SU gear shiny and unique visually too, lol.
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Well in the freshly picked they said there will be one last addition to the categories of job points. I'm guessing they will add 2 again for a total of 10 categories for each job. They also said the plan is to have the max being 20 now instead of 30. I wonder if they are going to change how much the categories give per point because of this. Some were very lackluster even if their max would have been 30.
    (2)

Character
    Jeremi
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    They need to give Paladin some new job categories: as the ones we have now are a joke and the worst I have seen.

Sentinel duration/recast - Palisade duration/recast -Reprisal duration/recast - Accuracy - Attack - Double Attack - Defense - Magic Defense - Block/Parry/Evade - Chivalry recast - Cure Potency - Phalanx duration - Enlight I,II duration - Crusade duration... basically anything would be better than what we have.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluestar2kx View Post
    That's not entirely a fair reasoning.

No job released after Zilart has access to any relic weapon skills (Or weapons themselves). So weapon skill numbers aren't even to begin with, so what is the harm in releasing weapon skills already available in the game to jobs who can use them?
    I think his argument was going more for the fact it's only for a few weapon types and then he meandered to only some jobs can get it. From a some jobs can get it yeah it doesn't make sense. Post zilart jobs don't get relic. soa jobs don't get empyrean, relic or mythic ws. Granted they get ergon ws but it's not really the same as mythic (namely weaker than most AND doesn't get a wsdmg bonus with ergon weapons like mythic does with mythic weapons).

But a argument could be made if he had continued down the weapon type line. Like not being "fair" that some weapons have multiple types namely it being 2 swd and 1 staff lol. Especially with the whole lvl 3 property thing
    (0)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast