Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Julissa
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 20

Can we reduce Dancer's waltz cool down time please?

so with all the damage dealing jobs getting buffed, can we look at dancers healing ability? At the moment dancer cant be a fully fledged healer because curing waltzes have ridiculous cool down times, how about reduce the cool down times of waltzes to that of the white magic spell version plus the casting time of the white magic spell (to rake into account that waltzes are instant cast)
    so for curing waltz v for instance instead of 21 seconds, it would be 12.5 seconds, this is the 10 second cooldown of cure v plus the 2.5 second casting time of cure v. Curing waltz iv would be 10.5 seconds which is the same as the cooldown of cure iv plus casting time. You get the picture. Also can we get rid of the blanket cooldown on all waltzes so i can cast curing waltz iii right after curing waltz iv for instance as long as i have enough tp. If this is too over powering maybe make it so the reduced cooldown times only apply when Dancer is set as a main job.
    (1)

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    DNC isnt ment to be a healer on par with WHM/SCH/(even RDM) to me personally i dont feel the need to reduce the timer.
    (4)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by vienne View Post
    DNC isnt ment to be a healer on par with WHM/SCH/(even RDM) to me personally i dont feel the need to reduce the timer.
    WHM has problems to deal with that DNC doesn't, too. Spell interruption, Silence, Taking Hate. And of course WHM doesn't get to melee and spam cool WS or even see what the NM looks like, lol. I've seen most event NMs from far away for over a decade, with my little WHM binoculars trying to see the mob. Oh I remember that NM, it was the sort of blob in the distance with like fifteen DDs standing ontop of it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Stompa; 04-06-2015 at 08:57 AM.

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    What sort of immunity to hate does DNC have? First i've heard of this. You're getting some hate just in the process of gaining your ability to heal people.
    (0)

Character
    Nebula
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    What sort of immunity to hate does DNC have? First i've heard of this. You're getting some hate just in the process of gaining your ability to heal people.
    My post said "WHM has problems to deal with that DNC doesn't" including "taking hate..."

Meaning that for a WHM, taking hate is a problem, and for DNC it is not a problem. DNC is engaged facing the mob, has high parrying and evasion skills, has an emergency Fan Dance, can cure self without interrupt, has the ability to survive hate. WHM is just standing there in her white pyjamas.

When Dancer came out I was one of the many people who rushed to get DNC75 at the speed of omg. You remember those first few months of WOTG, everywhere you went there were little blue drain-samba lights, on the hilltops and the jungles. Everyone was levelling Dnc lol. And one of the reasons it appealed to many people including myself, apart from the obvious /dnc benefits, was that it was a frontline healer that could actually cure people and survive the resulting hate. That was really appealing to a lot of WHMs, after having spent years and years taking hate and getting oneshotted lol.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Meaning that for a WHM, taking hate is a problem, and for DNC it is not a problem
    Taking hate is a problem, it's just a problem the job is better equipped to deal with.

The way your comment read sounded like "WHM takes hate and DNC does not."
    (0)

7. 04-07-2015 11:29 AM

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Stompa View Post
    stuff insulting my intelligence
    There's really no reason to be a jerk like that, and you know that's what you're doing.

All I was getting at:
    WHM has problems to deal with that DNC doesn't, too.
    You say DNC "doesn't" have to deal with hate. It does. Thus, your statement is false. I don't give a care about the dunes or Provenance or anywhere in between, it's a misguided statement and I don't think any reasonable person would have seen it differently. And I asked to determine whether you were referring to some special advantage to avoid hate from curing or in the process of so doing as DNC, or whether you actually didn't understand the mechanics. Mehcanics I do understand, and do not need to be treated like a stupid person over.

To cut an already long story short, I would not have included the phrase "Taking Hate" in a list of things that WHM has to deal with that DNC doesn't. Two little words which I didn't expect to produce a post like the one above under any sort of circumstances.
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 04-07-2015 at 11:39 AM.

9. 04-07-2015 11:42 AM

10. 04-07-2015 11:49 AM

Character
    Vienner
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    God such discussions, such utter waste of keystrokes...the reading one must endure on these forums. Cant we just be constructive instead of making 4 posts over one sentence that doesnt have much to do with the thread topic?
    The situation DNC is in now, allows the job to pull less hate. I do get hate from tossing to many WaltzV though.... so if you would reduce the timer on waltzes it would make it harder on the tank. There's also the problem of not being able to gain fast enough tp to effectively use waltz. Unless you go /sam which makes you extra squishy again.
    And no DNC has other traits then being considered a healer. Does anyone still remember the days of SMN and RDM (Yeah in alot of cases they're still asked to do this by those stuck in the cavemen era) where everyone was complaining that all RDM and SMN were asked for was as curing jobs. Didnt we all just hate that? You want to play a job for what its ment for and DNC isnt ment to be a healing role.
    (1)
    "I drink it when I'm happy and when I'm sad. Sometimes I drink it when I'm alone. When I have company I consider it obligatory. I trifle with it if I'm not hungry and I drink it when I am. Otherwise I never touch it, unless I'm thirsty."

Character
    Ivlilla
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    The devs have previously said, shortly after the introduction of Contradance, that they had no intention to further augment DNC's healing capabilities, as they wanted to focus on the fact that DNC was a DD job.

They later also said that DNC is a support job, not a DD job.

So make of it what you will.
    (2)

Character
    Sandmaster
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    To the guy who said WHM has things to deal with such as 'spell interuption', 'silence', anything else?

DNC works on the frontline, and frontliners have to deal with paralyze (which is a bitch when HW doesn't remove it), stun, and a whole list of debilitating status effects.

The argument you gave was completely null, all jobs take hate, and all jobs have certain status ailments that stop them from doing their job.

As a DD, Slow is something I really hate, remedies don't get rid of it if your not /DNC.
    (3)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast