Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Suggestion: Please allow us to restrict our levels for a challenge.

In response to a suggestion made in this thread
    http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/39537-Suggestions-Quality-of-Life-Stuff-and-other-suggestions?highlight=level+restriction

Bring back Level cap fights - 6man

Similiar to BCNMs but with a system that drops rare/ex and revamps gear 1-75. I think at this point most players didnt experience lower leveling and add difficulties like level caps will challenge older players and new players in the right way.

it also sucks to do lower BCNM the drops are rather useless and there is no space for holding level capped gear. if this rare.ex is added with slips there will be great depth added to the player base
    the rewards for these can be new lower gear sets, 4-5 tiers

revamping gear with these models.
    20 lizard beetle trump gear etc

30 bone noct

50 jse?

60 darksteel

75 sky armor and sea accessories
    I barely got to experience these level cap fights, I heard some of them were really hard and completing them was an accomplishment.

Nowadays everybody can just run through them with a high level character and not care anymore.

I personally wouldn't want any real rewards for completing these fights, as being able to do the fights with the original restriction would be reward enough. Alot of this game is top-heavy, but my friends and I want to experience the game for all the content, not just the high-level content.

Simply give us an OPTION to turn on the original level restrictions of a fight, or give us the ability to restrict our own levels without any actual reward. Think level sync but without the experience gain.

Not really a huge or complicated request, just give us back a feature that used to be in the game on top of what we have now. Removing the level restrictions feels lazy, but give us the option to choose between crushing a challenge at level 99 or challenging it at the proper level and we can see the content for how it was meant to be played.
    (3)

Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Very little activity on these forum's apparently.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Maybe your idea just isn't popular.
    (2)

Character
    Zantotaru
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    Maybe your idea just isn't popular.
    That could also be the case, like I mentioned alot of the focus is on top level content since after all most people are level 99 and already experiencing the end game.

I'm merely trying to suggest something that wouldn't require a large amount of effort for an update. The feature for level restrictions is already there, it's just been turned off for alot of these fights.

I'm merely asking for the ability for us to turn it back on at our will, I can choose to not summon trusts for fights I want to make challenging, but I have no choice to lower my level.

I could of course just ask for these fights to be remade into level 99 fights, but letting us use the original restriction might be alot easier to implement.

Besides, there's alot of old gear that's completely unused now since we effectively skip those levels. These old restrictions can let us dust them off and give them a go.
    (0)