Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    They are the only conditions?

Then I was billed by mistake then. I have been activated for months.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Cream_Soda View Post
    They're not obligated to promise you anything?
    As quoted by SE themselves - April billing period will not be charged due to the downtime in March. If I am not mistaken - that is a promise. One that was not being met in my case.

According to the "conditions" I am elligable for the free period.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alderin; 04-04-2011 at 02:54 PM.

Character
    Laraul
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 97
    Downtime in May? I hope you mean March. In any case if you didn't bother to have a buffer for such a situation And there is very likely they do remove €1 to ensure the account is in good standing. To be honest I am suspecting that there are things you are not telling us. I can understand using a debit card. Don't understand why you left drop below €50. You may also owe the bank some amount if they decided to fee you.
    (0)

Character
    Alderin
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Laraul View Post
    Downtime in May? I hope you mean March. In any case if you didn't bother to have a buffer for such a situation And there is very likely they do remove €1 to ensure the account is in good standing. To be honest I am suspecting that there are things you are not telling us. I can understand using a debit card. Don't understand why you left drop below €50. You may also owe the bank some amount if they decided to fee you.
    Yeah sorry, meant March.. thanks for the pickup.. My head was a fuming with this one.

In regards to that - no I don't keep money on this account unless I know I am going to use it, due to security reasons. My balance on this account just have a couple of left over dollars from previous cycles, and I keep it that way until I need to purchase goods & services online. My account is not in the negative as bank fees, direct debits, etc do not come out of this account, they come out of my master. So unless they charged me for this month (or tried to), or did as mentioned - withdraw $1 from the account, (in which was not stated, therfore should not have happened), my account should still be active.

All in all, no there is nothing I am hiding from this - my post states my situation as it is.

My account is inactive due to "unpaid fees" from a month that was not meant to be charged, even though going by what previous people have said - there is no reason why I should not have been elligable.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alderin; 04-04-2011 at 02:58 PM.

Character
    Moldtech
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They're not obligated to promise you anything?
    However they did hence, deliver.
    (0)

Character
    Tigerwoods
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alderin View Post
    As quoted by SE themselves - April billing period will not be charged due to the downtime in March. If I am not mistaken - that is a promise. One that was not being met in my case.

According to the "conditions" I am elligable for the free period.
    You obviously don't know the definition of promise. I'm going to school today.

That doesn't mean I promised to go to school.
    (0)

Character
    Moldtech
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Promise is just the word of the day, in actuality they've overruled their own ToS with a modification statement. It really is more of a contract of agreement than a promise.

We SE agree to not charge you for April's fees since we will be unable to provide services during the month of March.
    (0)
    Last edited by Moldtech; 04-04-2011 at 08:07 PM. Reason: Clarification

Character
    Catnipthief
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 90

Your right somewhat , but when a business claims they are going to do something they usually have to follow through with it, they don't HAVE to but that would lead to alot of complaints and bad rep on them.

It's like a promissory note you give to your neigbour if you borrow 20 bucks, it states that I <name> will pay you back in the amount of 20 bucks.

SE did the same thing so legally speaking they do have to follow through.

But I agree that whining about it in a thread ... is not going to do anything, your best bet is to either chat support or call them and just let them know that you had some charges that went through, and leave it to them to either fix it, or tell you to go away.
    (0)
    WAR 79 MNK 90
    WHM 79 BLM 80
    SAM 77
    DRG 84
    DNC 80

Did you pay for March? That seems to be the first determining factor, and the second that you also be active during the April billing cycle:

Due to the temporary suspension of the FINAL FANTASY XI game service, customers with active, paying subscriptions as of March 2011 will not be charged monthly FINAL FANTASY XI subscription fees ($12.95 + $1.00 per additional Content ID) for the April billing cycle. Below is a list of important notices for affected customers.

[Important Notes]
    * Only customers who paid subscription fees for March 2011 are eligible. Customers registering new accounts or reactivating accounts in April are not eligible.* Fees for any additional Content IDs purchased from April 1, 2011 onwards will not be waived.
    * Any charges aside from monthly subscription and additional Content ID fees (e.g., expansion purchases, etc.) will not be waived.
    * Customers who closed their accounts during March will be eligible. However, you must reactivate your account before the end of April; since subscription fees are only being waived for the month of April, we recommend you reactivate early in order to reap the full benefits of this offer.
    (0)
    {DISCLAIMER} Posts may contain opinions based on personal experiences that are not be meant to be taken as facts. What may appear as fact with no source reference may be recollection of information with no source, and may be subject to scrutiny without source reference. Any debate over validity of said facts without source references may be considered conjecture of all parties in that debate. Player comments may not be the expressed position/consent of SE, their affiliates, or any employees of said organizations. Please take these posts with a grain of salt if you are offended by the views of the player and understand that opinions are like assholes... everyone has one, not everyone wants to hear it.

10. 04-05-2011 06:00 AM
    Reason
    Content was edited by Moderator due to violation of Forum Guidelines.

Character
    Cryhavoc
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 1
    I've paid for February, and March. At no point in time did I cancel my account. I was still charged for the month of April, and I, too, have found myself in the same situation. Stop defending SE.. We were told that the fee would be waived, and they need to follow up. We were all told that it would be waived, and many people planned accordingly. I'm sure it will be fixed, but you people who are saying SE can basically do whatever the **** they want, and we'd better take it with a smile on our face or gtfo need to seriously figure it out.
    (0)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast