Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Shirai View Post
    Apart from the fact that a considerable part of the playerbase still plays this game on a game console, and this may come to you as a surprise; Not all of them are Japanese.
    How many people are we talking about when you say "considerable" though?
    (3)
    'Don't ever, ever try to lie to the internet. Because they will catch you. They will de-construct your spin. They will remember everything you ever say for eternity.'
    - Lord Gaben

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Raydeus View Post
    How many people are we talking about when you say "considerable" though?
    They have a friend that knows a friend whos friends friend plays on console.
    (3)

Character
    Numquam
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zhronne View Post
    If you can't do that, at least release a website page or a forum page with details on all job traits, level obtained, effect and potency.
    I'd be more than happy with that and I know that goes for the majority of players as well.
    This. It will solve a lot of problems and answer a lot of questions.
    (2)

Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    People do a lot of dumb stuff. That doesn't mean that everyone else should suffer for it.
    Oh my, please lie down and tell me where not having a feature in an old videogame is physically hurting you.
    No wait, I'm not trained for that, you should see a doctor for that.
    (1)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    I would definitely agree with having job information listed on a website perhaps the actual ffxi website itself, we already have unofficial sites that list all this info and I don't know how you guys feel about linking to these websites but take the Warrior page on this site for example: https://www.bg-wiki.com/bg/Warrior all very valuable easy to obtain information on each job, would be nice for their to be info on an official basis, especially since when there are changes, you guys are always the first to know.
    (0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    This is something that is difficult for us to address at the moment as we would have to send data each time you open the menu to see which tier you currently have. We're concerned about this largely affecting UI response time.

Similarly the same holds true for saving the data client-side as well. Since all of the trait data for this would have to be saved, it would consume large amounts of memory, which also makes this feature difficult to implement.
    From a strictly technical perspective - lets assume that you have, on average, 14 job traits. The Tier information only requires 1 byte of data per job trait - so that is 14 bytes of extra transmitted data. 14 bytes of memory client side to store this information.

This would literally have no measurable impact on UI performance or memory footprint.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Oh my, please lie down and tell me where not having a feature in an old videogame is physically hurting you.
    No wait, I'm not trained for that, you should see a doctor for that.
    Corrected that for you.
    (0)

So having it causes you physical pain? You are an odd one.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So having it causes you physical pain? You are an odd one.
    Read it again.
    (0)

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    So you can do this with TH but not everything else? i see 3 diff tiers of TH ….only job who i see would be annoying would be blue mage with the constant changing traits based on spells set. some jobs like lets say SCH resist silence all you gotta do is add some text that says resist silence II III IV that does not seem hard to me + how is adding text detrimental to the actual game speed? obviously i can be wrong lol i have no idea how those work but seem to me people are only asking to add the text on the set traits that a job has.
    (3)
    Last edited by V-1000; 03-12-2015 at 03:29 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast