Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by V-1000 View Post
    So you can do this with TH but not everything else? i see 3 diff tiers of TH ….only job who i see would be annoying would be blue mage with the constant changing traits based on spells set. some jobs like lets say SCH resist silence all you gotta do is add some text that says resist silence II III IV that does not seem hard to me + how is adding text detrimental to the actual game speed? obviously i can be wrong lol i have no idea how those work but seem to me people are only asking to add the text on the set traits that a job has.
    Unfortunately BLU would be the one most in need of this feature. All other jobs, you know what you have based on your job level - you can just look up the job traits on the wiki for it. You can do that with BLU as well, but it's a lot more work and since new spells are always being added that can modify the trait level, it would be hard for the wiki to always be up to date.
    (2)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    If CheckParam reported every stat, then this would not be needed as much - m.acc, m.att etc.
    (1)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by larrymc View Post
    If CheckParam reported every stat, then this would not be needed as much - m.acc, m.att etc.
    True story.

I don't seen why jobs that have the most difficulty determining accuracy are the ones excluded from /checkparam. It's a nice feature, but it's far more useful for mages than melees.
    (0)

Player
    the reason being is that how do you define magic accuracy when different stats have different magic accuracies. for instance: chr would boost song magic accuracy but would do nothing for nuke magic accuracy.
    (0)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    You'd give the command a spell and target. Having a spell would tell it what attributes/skills to apply. Having a target would allow it to calculate dINT/dMND, etc. With these options, there shouldn't be any reason why these stat couldn't be reported.

So like, /checkparam "Sleep II" <t>. And it'd run the calculations, and report your MACC, etc. If SE was feeling really generous, it could even report your hit rate. like 60% chance to land, etc.
    (2)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Martel View Post
    You'd give the command a spell and target. Having a spell would tell it what attributes/skills to apply. Having a target would allow it to calculate dINT/dMND, etc. With these options, there shouldn't be any reason why these stat couldn't be reported.

So like, /checkparam "Sleep II" <t>. And it'd run the calculations, and report your MACC, etc. If SE was feeling really generous, it could even report your hit rate. like 60% chance to land, etc.

Pshhh. Now that's just crazy talk. You know the kind of processing power that would take? We're talking something in the magnitude of say a Casio wrist watch from the 80's or a full blown radio shack 9V powered calculator or something. Even if the devs could find the time and man power to successfully add those 6 - 10 lines of code, the servers could never handle that.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    True story.

I don't seen why jobs that have the most difficulty determining accuracy are the ones excluded from /checkparam. It's a nice feature, but it's far more useful for mages than melees.
    Wait, unless I misunderstood what you are saying, mages are the ones left out by /checkparam

It only reports on ATT/RATT, ACC/RATT, Evasion, Defense. And also offhand attack/acc. No magic stats at all in this command, which really sucks for MATT/MACC.
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    Wait, unless I misunderstood what you are saying, mages are the ones left out by /checkparam

It only reports on ATT/RATT, ACC/RATT, Evasion, Defense. And also offhand attack/acc. No magic stats at all in this command, which really sucks for MATT/MACC.
    Yes. And it's super lame because melee accuracy can already be roughly determined just by using the /check command. So while checkparam is a nice feature for melees, it would be far more useful for mages.
    (0)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3