Hybrid View

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99

R/M/E Weapon updates

Just wondering if there are any plans to further update RME weapons. The new skirmish stuff seems to be edging a lot of them out of usefulness. The items required to build RME weapons seem to be the main form of gil generation for a lot of players and at the moment, building one seems like a really risky endeavor.

Do the devs have any plans to update them? or are RME weapons being fazed out?
    (2)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    It is pretty upsetting. I remember I was just about finished with my Mandau when the one hand update came out making the dex on Izhiikoh blow the relic dagger away. Now I'm close to finishing my mythic dagger, and depending on how much dex or base damage Ipetum can get, it might make Vajra obsolete.
    (2)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    They only grudgingly did the ilev 119 upgrade and dragged their feet on it for over a year so I doubt they're going to go any further or if they do it will be only a grudging concession. The original plan *was* to phase them out and the only reason they didn't was because people got out the pitchforks and burning torches.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by FrankReynolds View Post
    Just wondering if there are any plans to further update RME weapons. The new skirmish stuff seems to be edging a lot of them out of usefulness. The items required to build RME weapons seem to be the main form of gil generation for a lot of players and at the moment, building one seems like a really risky endeavor.

Do the devs have any plans to update them? or are RME weapons being fazed out?
    R/E were already largely phased out except of course the unique ones like shields/instruments (though in Daurdabla even that was phased out unless you 99d it) and relic gun/bow. Mythics are still largely relevant except the ones that have sucked since forever like xbow and I think nirvana isn't tops anymore
    (1)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    The way it'll probably be in the future is that RME will be the best weapon some of the time and merely a good option at others, depending on what events SE releases.

Right now I would expect more and more competitive weapons to be released up until ilvl is inevitably increased. At that point, there will probably be weapons that are clearly better than 119 RMEs. Then sometime after that, SE will introduce a way to upgrade RMEs to whatever the current ilvl is and they will be the best for awhile. And so on.
    (1)

Character
    Pretre
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    when se finaly gave in and bumped rem wweapons to 119 they did say that any further ilvl increase will see a increase for rem weapons too but I doubt there will be one till the ilvl bump
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I'm sure they'll eventually give rem a boost but first they have to make them obsolete for a bit so there's something else for you to grind for in the interim. >.>;;;
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    They probably wont get an update until an ilvl increase, after which they will be good for a while then everything else will catch up and exceed them again.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    What augments are making them obsolete?
    (0)

Character
    Dravidian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    What augments are making them obsolete?
    I think they are referring to the DMG augs, which from most spreadsheets I've looked at still lose considerably to AM3 up on mythics, but some do win outside of being able to effectively maintain AM3, but some weapons were already doing that before the patch.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast