Character
    Topace
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Does anyone else get Animation Locked>.>

Now I know I can't be the only person when fighting multiple enemies get frozen in to place unable to attack or move. If I'm lucky i'm able to press the attack button and it registers me as hitting the mob, but i'm still frozen>.> Its quite annoying and going to led me to death one of these days.
    (5)

Character
    Martel
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    DRG Lv 99
    Yep. that happens. It's really bad when supertanking on PLD. You just stand there, engage to anyone else's view but you can't ws, or move.
    (1)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    i hate animation lock. always always always hate it. either the animations should be designed in such a way that you can move while they play and have it make sense (e.g., upper body performing one animation while lower body performing another) or making things look pretty should give way to better gameplay.
    (2)

Character
    Malthar
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Engage with your back turned to the mobs so you can see them.
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthar View Post
    Engage with your back turned to the mobs so you can see them.
    Which is suicidal when super-tanking on PLD, there's been plenty of times where I've just had to sit an watch my health whittle down because animation lock stops me from acting, generally in any situation where I would be holding lots of mobs I have healing support thankfully.
    (2)

Player
    Yeah, animation lock has been an issue for forever, I first felt the real pain cleaving on warrior in aby, even more annoying to me, is when you hit attack a mob during animation lock, and you KNOW you're hitting it, cuz it's HP bar is moving and it's in the log and you're gaining the TP but you can't WS because it won't change animations to weapons being out.
    (0)

Player
    i know exactly what you mean. there is a trick tho. using a ja while animation locked seems to free the char up. at least, its worked for me. best to set macros for it. hope it works for yall too.
    (0)