Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Shumo View Post
    Fusetto is useless as TP bonus does not apply if used offhand.
    You are wrong.

Martial weapons :
    do not work in the offhand.

Magian trial TP +100 weapons:
    DO work in offhand.
    (1)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 05-04-2011 at 07:11 AM.

Character
    Syllna
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've been doing a bit of testing and parsing. Being a main tank for my abyssea shell, there are times where landing SA for rudra's is impossible. After recently acquiring a Shadow Belt and coupling it with the Gorget, just to maximize unstacked Rudra's, I've noticed a pretty significant numbers, especially when a DA/TA procs on the hits. Though, obviously when you stack it with SA, love/cuchu wins out.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Kotomei View Post
    Hands: Raider's Armlets +1(Still waiting to +2 these)I use this set for SA and TA Rudra.
    Rogue's Armlets +1 for TA Rudra. Also concider Rajas over 2nd Thundersoul if it gives you 2 fStr (possible).
    (0)

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    You are wrong.

Martial weapons :
    do not work in the offhand.

Magian trial TP +100 weapons:
    DO work in offhand.
    do you have evidence for this?
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    Do you have evidence against this?

Everyone assumed that since martial weapons didnt work in offhand, that Tp bonus +100 weapons from magian trials would not work in offhand either.

I Tested to make sure. It was a very easy and obvious test with Farsha and an offhand Renauds +2

Cloudsplitter damage at 100% is very low and consistant.
    Cloudsplitter at 200% is a large dmg jump from 100% and is again a consistant number.

CS at 100% with no renauds was significantly lower than

CS at 100% with renauds

And CS at 200% without renauds matched damage with CS at 100% with renauds.

Magian trial TP bonus +100 DOES work in offhand.

It is not my responsibility to prove it to you. You are lucky i even took the time to share it with you and dispel the ignorance of these assumptions. You have the means to test it yourself with a tiny bit of effort. If you question the validity of my statement, then go do your own trial and your own tests.
    (0)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 05-16-2011 at 02:52 AM.

Character
    Arcon
    World
    Leviathan
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezekieal View Post
    He has posted his test results before.
    (0)
    All affirmations are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in some sense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.
    ¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯¯
    FFXI: Leviathan > Arcon
    FFXIV: Selbina > Arcon Villiers

Character
    Ezekieal
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Gotterdammerung View Post
    It is not my responsibility to prove it to you. You are lucky i even took the time to share it with you and dispel the ignorance of these assumptions. You have the means to test it yourself with a tiny bit of effort. If you question the validity of my statement, then go do your own trial and your own tests.
    lol i had looked and didnt find anything to support what you said, i wasnt calling you a liar or anything, was just wondering if it was true and i hadnt seen your test results. and i am lucky you took the time to share it with me? wow you really are an arrogant asshole
    (2)
    Last edited by Ezekieal; 05-17-2011 at 12:04 AM.

Question: Is Rudra's Storm worth the effort to get? I'd assume that not being crit based it still loses out to Evis inside abyssea? Maybe not. How about outside abyssea?
    (0)

Player
    If you are stacking, rudras averages better.

The first hit has 3.25 ftp and 60% dex, evis has 1ftp at 30% dex. When you force the first hit to crit you could say it's like critting with 6.5 hits of evis. In reality it's less than 6.5 because the weapon base damage also contributes to the ws base damage. So i'd say making rudras crit is probably like critting with 4-5 hits on evis.

So it's worth it. Even more so, outside abyssea. Inside abyssea, evis and rudras might tie on raw damage depending on situation, but twash still has the aftermath to be accounted for.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by Laphine View Post
    If you are stacking, rudras averages better.

The first hit has 3.25 ftp and 60% dex, evis has 1ftp at 30% dex. When you force the first hit to crit you could say it's like critting with 6.5 hits of evis. In reality it's less than 6.5 because the weapon base damage also contributes to the ws base damage. So i'd say making rudras crit is probably like critting with 4-5 hits on evis.

So it's worth it. Even more so, outside abyssea. Inside abyssea, evis and rudras might tie on raw damage depending on situation, but twash still has the aftermath to be accounted for.
    OK thanks. Not sure I have the time or inclination to get Twashtar, but I might go for the +2 one.
    (0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2