Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    So from what I can tell they've removed all the fish from the pond and the ocean, they've lowered the resolution of the grass and lightened the color, and then that eyesore with the mining area. I do like the changes to the garden furrow though, nicer that those pots are smaller and the dirt looks a bit cleaner. :3
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hmm, I logged from my mule to my main and all of my fish are back, so that was probably a bug of some sort.
    (0)

Character
    Sechs
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I did find it odd that they made the mog garden less pretty. The new area is a separate area anyway so why downgrade the main garden?
    Clearly it's because of PS2 memory limitations. (lol)
    (1)
    And the autumn of life has finally come
    with the promise of winter thaw.

Character
    Dragoy
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99

€°(((><

Huh.

Now I'm curious since I haven't been to a mog garden since before the update of monster rearing I think (before August, probably... no particular reason). Not that I can go check it now since SqEX doesn't want my moneys!

I can only guess, especially since I haven't even been to there after the change, but seriously speaking, I can't quite imagine they would have had to reduce things due to PS2 in this case.

That said, I did take a look-see at the Japanese side, and while I only looked at the Mog Gardens thread (didn't search too much around outside that), there were only two related comments that I could spot: one was actually calling the new graphics pretty, and the other was talking about their PS2 throwing a jitter-party in the garden (no reply from the officials to that, however).

Oh well, I hope I get to see it soon myself! The customer support did tell me that they have forwarded my case to the billing department for further investigation (I wonder if the horror stories are finally becoming true for me, too).
    (0)
    ...or so the legend says.

Character
    Edyth
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    maybe to prevent ps2 crashing. Also, I don't think you're giving the Nintendo 64 enough credit. I've seen better looking n64 environments
    Sad thing is, I'm used to my new, uglier garden now. The textures used to be on par with Ceizak Battlegrounds. Now, they're closer to La Theine Plateau textures. And there's a glitch with the draw distance caused by the so-called "overhaul" that's bothered me since day 1 of the crappification of the garden's appearance, and I finally got around to reporting it.

See the upper left corner of the screenshot? I bet it's bugged you too if you spend time in your garden.

(0)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2