Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Hachirin-no-Obi

The concept of the Hachirin-no-Obi’s benefits are based off the effects of day and weather, so we will not be removing the detrimental effects portion of this waist.

We’d like players to pay close attention to when the day and weather are conflicting.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    That turns this obi froma space saver into another wasted slot. Please reconsider.
    (29)

Character
    Jeral
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    This makes combining obis an entirely pointless endeavour. What is the point of making the new obi if you still need the other eight?

I think all players understand the concept behind the obis. It simply doesn't work when they are combined. This needs to be looked at again, and properly.
    (20)

Player
    i like it the way it is. if you have a conflicting day/weather, use yamabuki-no-obi instead. easy.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Byrth View Post
    That turns this obi froma space saver into another wasted slot. Please reconsider.
    This. It completely defeats the purpose of having it in the first place. Why would I make all the obis then combine them and then refarm all the obis again when I'm basically going to have to end up just using the original 8 anyways? For that 1% chance at a free spell lol? As I already made it I'm kinda irked I have to refarm and probably will just toss this one or put it in storage. Imagine if you had made the ws ones not work with conflicting ws elements and how dumb that would be or if you had made chat staff have all the negatives too lol
    (20)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Grekumah View Post
    The concept of the Hachirin-no-Obi’s benefits are based off the effects of day and weather, so we will not be removing the detrimental effects portion of this waist.

We’d like players to pay close attention to when the day and weather are conflicting.
    So this new obi being inferior to the ones from a decade ago is intended?
    (17)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I have to agree with the majority consensus and hope the Development Team reconsiders. The whole point of combining them was so they you'd actually save inventory. Compare this to the combined gorget and belt, there is no penalty associated with it. It's hands down stronger than the gorgets or belts alone with no side effects. A true inventory +7 in every manner of speaking.

While the obi side effects were there to begin with. There was no real penalty as you just swapped it out for another obi. This detrimental effect of them all combined actually makes it worse than 8 obis. The development team recently acknowledged elemental magic has fallen behind, so why make an item that is worse than holding the original 8 in your inventory? Sure, it's inventory+7 technically speaking but at a price. Whereas with melee which is a far superior source of output in most cases, has no caveat at all.

It's like if the development team decided Ninja could have universal tools but only if they occasionally lessened the potency of Ninjutsu.

TL;DR: Fotia Gorget and Fotia Belt are both an improvement while Hachirin-no-Obi is essentially a trade off.
    (14)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I didn't want to amend my first post but I just thought a better example would be Iridal/Chatoyant staff. It doesn't have weaknesses from being combined even though each part of it did. Neither did it rely on day/weather for its base effect of potency and accuracy. They didn't even change the level you could use it. I honestly don't see why the same consideration can't be made for Hachirin-no-obi or what imbalance it causes given there is already an item almost exactly like it, except easier to trigger.
    (15)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I forgot all about that. Good point!
    (0)

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast