Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Hachirin-no-Obi

Character
    Sekundes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Talk about buyer's remorse... Are you guys planning on adding a de-synth option so we can un-make this thing?

I'm really disappointed.
    (6)

2. 03-02-2015 01:51 PM

Character
    Svetlana
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    This item needs to be fixed, why would i make something that in the long run its just gonna hurt me? makes no sense SE, until you decided to remove this Bs penalty i am not making this waste of time item. rather keep mine separate and avoid this bs forced penalty
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by V-1000 View Post
    This item needs to be fixed, why would i make something that in the long run its just gonna hurt me? makes no sense SE, until you decided to remove this Bs penalty i am not making this waste of time item. rather keep mine separate and avoid this bs forced penalty
    Sadly I made mine within the first couple hours after the update before we found out. So now I'm stuck with this hunk of junk and gotta go refarm my old obis back
    (4)

Player
    Bump because I really regret making my Obi but am waiting to refarm the old ones because really they should be fixing this >.>
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Introduces items to save inventory space for mages and melees... inserts a flaw into the mage one so that it actually decreases their inventory while making them have to refarm everything over again...
    (6)

Player
    Yeah it's pretty trolly when you think about it, lol I don't know why they wouldn't simply make it always beneficial like the others.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 03-08-2015 at 06:02 AM.

Player
    Bump because I really regret making my Obi but am waiting to refarm the old ones still and am really hoping a dev gets passed along these opinions.
    (1)

Player
    i for one am glad for it. it saved me 7 inventory spaces. i already have yamabuki-no-obi for say when i'm nuking a wind spell during watersday (no benefit to using hachirin-no-obi then), so i just switch to that when there is opposing day/weather for hachirin-no-obi. same dif.
    (0)

Player
    If that's your argument, why use the Hachirin at all? Save another inventory space if it's the "same dif" to you.

For me on the otherhand, it's inventory-1, because if this doesn't change by next patch, I'll be farming up all the obis again to use when it's a wind spell during watersday, and then use hachirin when it's not. It's all a matter of how far you'll go for efficiency, you're ridiculous for calling the situation the same when obviously you know it's not the same, otherwise you'd fulltime yamabuki, if it was. You're just for some reason alright with not having the obi in certain situations, while others of us are not, for those of us that aren't willing to lose that bonus, nor the random free mp cost, it's inventory -1 from the old days.
    (2)
    Last edited by Selindrile; 03-18-2015 at 09:20 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Selindrile View Post
    If that's your argument, why use the Hachirin at all? Save another inventory space if it's the "same dif" to you.

For me on the otherhand, it's inventory-1, because if this doesn't change by next patch, I'll be farming up all the obis again to use when it's a wind spell during watersday, and then use hachirin when it's not. It's all a matter of how far you'll go for efficiency, you're ridiculous for calling the situation the same when obviously you know it's not the same, otherwise you'd fulltime yamabuki, if it was. You're just for some reason alright with not having the obi in certain situations, while others of us are not, for those of us that aren't willing to lose that bonus, nor the random free mp cost, it's inventory -1 from the old days.
    that makes no sense whatsoever. you just make whatever garbage up that you want, don't you? efficiency has nothing to do with it. it has to do with what is providing more damage and inventory space. why would i fulltime yamabuki when hachirin would give me more damage?

hachirin is BiS when the appropriate day/weather is on. it does nothing when it isn't and so one must use another waist piece to see any benefit. The "same dif" is the following:

-use hachirin when it gives a benefit.
    -use another waist when hachirin gives no benefit.

"I'll be farming up all the obis again to use when it's a wind spell during watersday, and then use hachirin when it's not." why would you use a single element obi to nuke a wind spell on watersday? it would do no extra damage, you might as well have nothing equipped. if by chance it is nuking wind while wind weather you are meaning, then hachirin would provide the same benefit.
    (0)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast