Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

Solo Farming - Tips to Share

I've always had people ask me what gear I use or what setup I'm using to achieve goals I set in game. I decided that no matter how long you've played FFXI there's always someone who has learned a tip or trick on a mob that you haven't thought of. There is still a lot of us Beastmasters who solo as much as possible and even though people will complain that you should use triggers that's crap and I don't have time to depend on other people to get my gear complete so I do 99.9% of the stuff on my own.

So I figured this would be a good place to share. Below is a template that can be used if you can't think of what to put. I'll add stuff as it comes to my mind

[NM/Mob/Mission/Quest]
    [Zone]
    [Gear Setup]
    [Pet Used]
    [Atma Setup if Available]
    [Tips or Suggestions]

------------

[NM] Kharon

[Zone] Abyssea - Attohwa

[Gear Setup] 2 x 10pdt axes Ferine Cabasset +1 Mirke Wardecors Frn. Manoplas +1 Ferine Quijotes +1 Ferine Ocreae Shepherd's Chain Selemnus Belt Ferine Earring Brutal Earring Ferine Mantle

[Pet Used] DipperYuly

[ATMA] Ducal Guard, Mounted Champion, Razed Ruin

[Tips]
    Just treat this guy like a Skill Up Mob. I suggest having your pet "Stay" in the tunnel near the ??? pop but out of range in case Kharon's first spell is Sleepga. I just run back towards the Martello and pull him there and Duo Kharon only turning away when he puts up Dread Spikes. He doesn't do enough damage to cause you to use any Pet Food and Mounted Champion keeps your pet pretty healed up.

Just keep an eye on what's going on though Kharon does have a habbit of spamming Dread Spikes which will force you to use pet food sooner or later.

--------------------------

[NM] Koios

[Zone] Abysseal - Altepa

[Gear Setup] 2 x 10pdt axes Ferine Cabasset +1 Mirke Wardecors Frn. Manoplas +1 Ferine Quijotes +1 Ferine Ocreae Shepherd's Chain Selemnus Belt Ferine Earring Brutal Earring Ferine Mantle

[Pet] DipperYuly

[ATMA] Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, Atma of the Earth Wyrm

[Info]

Pretty simple and lazy. Best way I found to farm my Colorful Abyssite was in Abyssea - Tahrongi on Hungerer spawns. After I had the abyssite I went to A - Altepa and between Flux #2/#4 I popped Koios. I sent in Dipper and went and stayed out of range and kept Dipper alive when he needed it.

About 15 mins later Koios would die. Rinse and Repeat. I've had up to 3 Ferine Body Seals drop and as little as none. But you are farming on your own terms.

Pretty simple.

--------------------------------------

[NM] Sirrush

[Zone] Abyssea - Misareaux

[Gear Setup] Same as above

[Pet] DipperYuly

[ATMA] Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, Mounted Champion

[Tips]

I would pop this guy and drop off the ledge and take him into the safe area down below.. kill takes about 7 mins

Duo with pet on this one it's very easy ... watch for his AoE attacks they wear on you sooner or later , I sub DNC for this so I can spam Waltz when needed

----------------------------

[NM] Bugul Noz

[Zone] A - Altepa

[Gear Setup] Same as Above

[Pet Used] DipperYuly

[Atma Setup] Ducal Guard, Earth Wyrm, Razed Ruines

[Tips or Suggestions]

Prepare for a long fight with this guy but again it's on your own terms which I like. I just pop him and pull him in the middle and hang back and let Dipper go to town

--------------------------------------

[NM] Raskovnik

[Zone] Abyssea - Konschtat

[Gear] Very gimp gear since this was the first stuff I soloed

[Pet] DipperYuly

[Atmas] Ducal Guard and Razed Ruins

[Tips] Just keep an eye out for him and let your pet have fun with him.
    (3)
    Last edited by Yopop; 04-04-2011 at 06:44 AM.
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

reserved for useless space filler

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    [NM] [SIZE="5"]Funereal Apkallu[/SIZE]

[Gear Setup] The above gear I usually wear with the -10% helm from the addon mission

[Pet Used] DippyYuly

[Atma Setup if Available] Razed Ruins / Mounted Champion / Ducal Guard

[Tips or Suggestions] Just pop it and take it to a nice safe spot and DD with it. A few other BST suggest you use poison pots to keep away but I just engage and walk away and go grab a soda.

-----------------------------------

[NM] [SIZE="5"]Battlerigged Chariot[/SIZE]

[Zone] Abyssea - Altepa

[Gear Setup] My original setup with -pdt .. i didn't have +1 anything when I did it though .. this was my second ferine item

[ATMA] Ducal Guard, Razed Ruins, Atma of the Earth Wyrm

[Pet] the Eft Pet is what I used

[info]

This guy spams magic so I just switched to the Eft pet and just stunned him every time he tried to throw out heavy nukes. I've had a few friends beat him with DipperYuly, I never tried it after the amount of magic dmg I was seeing. I also used a TP Regain ATMA every so often to see if that helped out and it did. took me 1/3 to get the earrings to drop

-------------------------------------

[SIZE="5"][NM] Kutharei[/SIZE]

[Gear] I had -pdt axes and that was about it.

[Atmas] Ducal Guard and Razed Ruins

[pet] DipperYuly

[Info]

I used the healing salve and clear salve and a TON of pet food for this. This guy sucked with my setup and took me 50 mins to solo. Reflecting back I would use Ducal Guard, Razed Ruin and another -pdt atma .

I was wanting Mounted Champion atma so I went to solo this. I soloed it twice and then another BST came and I felt bad I was basically fighting this thing for an hour each time so we joined up and I got atma with him.

I'm sure it would go faster now with better gear.
    (1)
    Last edited by Yopop; 04-08-2011 at 04:40 AM.
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99

King B & The Opt Hat NM

[SIZE="5"][NM] King Behemoth[/SIZE]

[Zone] Behemoth's Dominion

[Gear Setup]
    Guichard's Axe +2
    Guichard's Axe +2
    D. Herbal Broth
    Anwig Salade
    Ferine Gausape +1
    Dusk Gloves
    Ferine Quijotes +1
    Ferine Ocreae
    Shepherd's Chain
    Selemnus Belt
    Ferine Earring
    Brutal Earring
    Rajas Ring
    Sniper's Ring
    Ferine Mantle

[Pet Used] total was 3 ( almost 4 ) - Nursery Nazuna, Bloodclaw Shasra, Nursery Nazuna, and would have been Dipper if I could have swung it.

[Tips or Suggestions]

I don't know if the botters were asleep or someones bot messed up but I was in the zone to see if anyone was at a camp I was going to use for my SMN to solo and there he was up and moving. I figured what the heck and threw NN at him and it was on.

I had no idea what I was doing the whole time I just looked for patterns as I do with any mob I solo and work with it. I made sure all pets were attacking directly into KB and if I did attempt to help I did it from the side as I got hammered when I ran to his rear to attack. He has a move Kicked Out that dropped shadows and was more annoying then anything. Just be sure to time your Rewards if your pet is 60% and he starts doing Meteor just run out of range and as he's casting it use Reward. I had it timed so I basically only lose 10% HP each casting on pet. The Spikes will wear your pet down so make sure you realize that even those gimpy mobs around there can be charmed and thrown at KB if your Call timer is in cooldown.

nothing really more you can tip on this. it's a straight out fight and you're pets will die and you'll bring another just try your best to make them last as long as you can.

-------------------------------------

[SIZE="5"][NM] Hakutaku[/SIZE]

[Zone] Den of Rancor

[Gear Setup]
    Guichard's Axe +2
    Guichard's Axe +2
    D. Herbal Broth
    Anwig Salade
    Ferine Gausape +1
    Dusk Gloves
    Ferine Quijotes +1
    Ferine Ocreae
    Shepherd's Chain
    Selemnus Belt
    Ferine Earring
    Brutal Earring
    Rajas Ring
    Sniper's Ring
    Ferine Mantle

[Pet Used] total was 2 ( almost 3 ) - Nursery Nazuna, Bloodclaw Shasra

[Tips or Suggestions]

Grab a cluster and head to the Den. This guy is pretty easy the fight will take you around 10 mins max if you duo with your pet.

Just time your Rewards properly and save your WS so you can stun him if he uses Firaga III cause that will one shot a TaruTaru BST ( I found out the first time I did it )

Pretty simple fight... pop him and take him to the side away from anything that might spawn and kill him.

Very easy fight just beware of Firaga III
    (0)
    Last edited by Yopop; 04-10-2011 at 01:59 AM. Reason: can't spell
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

{NM}Resheph

{Zone} A uleg

Gear-
    2x pdt guichard+2's/ 2x zoraal ja's axes
    Bloodclaw Shasra/ pet food zeta biscuits
    Anwig Salade/ Twilight helm
    Shepherds chain/ Ferine Necklace/
    Bst and pup lvl 30 earrings (latent not active there just in a macro lol)
    Bst Bazubands>Ferine Manoples +2>Bestia hands with pet Subtle blow 3 switched up as needed
    Nvm this is taking to long lets just say i have everything.

Pets used 1-4

Atma: Ducal, Zenith, Razed ruin.

strategy:
    The main thing that makes this fight difficult is, Tarsal slam combined with sam 2 hour. If a tarsal slam with NO 2hour hits ur pet it will go to 1 hp and still be fine. But if a tarsal slam hits your pet WITH the sam 2 hour active, then your pet goes to 1 hp and the very next hit will ignore its pdt and automatically kill it.

Some things to note:
    1.After tarsal slam there is time to reward b4 the next hit to avoid pet death.
    2.Tarsal slam can be used for all 3 of his sam 2 hour TP moves.
    3. His 2hour adds a gravity aura.
    4. Resheph 2 hours OFTEN and 2hours EVEN MORE OFTEN when low hp.

So heres what you do. First notice to the side of the pop a medium sized rock. This rock is your friend.
    Second notice behind the pop is a cluster of icicle like rocks. These our your friends.
    Use Shasra for the movement speed. And any time you see the 2 hour go off use /ja "heel" <me>
    Kite resheph around the medium rock. Shasra will outrun the majority of the tarsal slams causing them to be wasted.
    If 1 gets thru just reward and keep kiting til the 2 hour is done.
    If shasra ever dies and CB is down then maintain hate with charm and kite him around the rock until CB is back up.
    Once the 2 hour ends /ja "fight" <t> on resheph and position yourself at the icicle rocks ready to repeat the process.

Occasionally, you will be hit by Tarsal slam. Have healing temporary items stocked for this situation.

As long as you successfully kite thru each 2 hour you will eventually win.

30-45 minutes fight depending on variables.
    (1)

Character
    Alvian
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 12
    Was reading these and just posting an FYI on these two mobs.

[NM] Funereal Apkallu

You can avoid it's sleep TP by facing away from him, IE. with your back to him.

[NM]
    Hakutaku

Would /dnc not work to stun his spells, rather than using 100+ TP to do so.
    (0)
    Last edited by Daniel_Hatcher; 04-10-2011 at 08:20 PM.

Character
    Yopop
    World
    Bahamut
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I wouldn't suggest a BST duo with the pet unless you can handle the poison that you'll consistently get and then aft4r 40% the constant curse/poison/and 5 other things he keeps on the people fighting him.

I never stay close enough to him to get slept but it's a good tip to anyone soloing him

And you can Wild Flourish with /dnc sub but I rarely use DNC as a sub but if you want to add a tip for that go for it on how to use Stun effectively

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel_Hatcher View Post
    Was reading these and just posting an FYI on these two mobs.

[NM] Funereal Apkallu

You can avoid it's sleep TP by facing away from him, IE. with your back to him.

[NM]
    Hakutaku

Would /dnc not work to stun his spells, rather than using 100+ TP to do so.
    (0)
    Re-garu-darus,

Yopop

Player
    empty out your inventory... put a jugpet on..

go to sky.. kill elementals for an hour.. go bazaar then in port jeuno..

so i can have some damn crystals to buy w/o farming them myself >_<
    (1)

Bionic Bug

Gear: Adjust gear sets to 75 (capped fight)
    Reward
    Pet Defense
    Melee (acc focus)
    Hybrid (pet def, haste, acc balanced)
    WS (primal rend or rampage reset to 75)
    Food (acc food)
    Pet- Funguars with merits are fine, If not use courrier carrie or chopsuey chuck

Job: Bst/Dnc

Buy a stack or so of firesands. Get another beastmaster friend to come with you to Newton movapolis. Kill the proper Bugbears and golbins there to get the Sylvan Stone for each of you. Make your way back to olton movapolis and find Twinkbrix. Talk to him once then trade the sylvan stone. You will each recieve a Key item. Now 1 (player A) of you will take exit 5/6 of oldton movapolis, then walk around to exit 4 of newton movopalis. This will put u on a ledge in oldton. The other (player B) will take exit 1 of oldton and walk to exit 2 of newton. This will put u at another ledge in oldton. Player B should be the faster of the 2 players (moevment speed wise) and could possibly even bring some form of movement enhancement. (hermes drink, skadi, shantoto pants,ect). Now in position, there is a lever on each of the platforms and 1 lever directly under player A's platform. Player B must throw their switch then drop off the ledge at the red marked fence posts. Then run to underneath player A and throw the 3rd switch. Then run back to the middle and cross the bridge. In the mean time player A must throw his switch after switch 1 is thrown. Then fall of his ledge at the red marked posts, and run to the middle and wait for the last switch then cross the bridge. It is possible to do this without ANY movement speed but u must remember #1 the fastest point between any 2 distances it a straight line. #2 Goblins are speed bumps.

Once both players are on the other side, Navigate newton movapolis heading for the mine shaft. To do this head to the furnace hatch at J-9. Trade a firesand to the furnace hatch in order to make the gate move out of ur way. Proceed to the mine shaft.

Once at the mine shaft disband party and prepare to fight. This way u can each solo ur own bionic bug.

The FIght:

Once inside, call your pet and move closer to the Bug Boy. Make sure you have reraise and acc food on. Wait til your CB timer is at around 3:30 seconds. Then engage the pet. Move around to the backside of Bugboy and engage yourself
    As u fight keep your pet rewarded. Keep all lvl 75 or lower pet PDT and Pet Defense gear on. Accuracy and haste (lvl 75)
    in the remaining slots. Start using the evasion down dancer step to lower his evasion and build up charges. When u start approaching 75% store up TP. At around 77% start using the flourish I that gives gravity. Pay attention to wether or not it landed. If it misses, wait and try it again. Do not lower him to 74/75% until u have gravity landed. Once Gravity is on, use ur WS and snarl. He should shortly after this use mighty strikes. Disengage and heel. And run from him to the entrance. Try to track in ur head the 30 second duration of mighty strikes. And use the time to heel up pet and even use potions if u brought some. Once the duration of mighty strikes has worn, Engage Boy again. This process must be repeated 2 more times. Bug boy mighty strikes at 75% hp 50% hp and 25% hp. Utilize gravity kiting to negate all 3 of these.

Other than that, Make sure to keep yourself healed up with waltzes, His AoE's will slowly wear you down if u dont.
    Bring potions as a safety net, he can get mean occasionaly.
    If your using carrie keep scissor guard up.
    If ur using chucky sandpit can be used in emergencies.

Dangers of the fight:
    Timing out- there is plenty of time if u utilize the proper amount of kiting/reward Bug boy is usually at 40% when i reach the 15 min remaining mark.

Death from slow AoE wittling down ur HP: Keep accuracy high for a steady supply of TP for waltzes and this will not be a problem. Bring HP pots to completely eliminate this threat.

Death when pet dies: This can happen if Bugboy get particularly mean about wich WS's he uses when. This can be avoided with good kiting skills and forethought.
    Example: I c my pet is at 10% hp and reward has 40 seconds left. I am pretty sure he will not last til the next reward. So i use gravity flourish in preperation for pets death. OR i disengage and run to the other end of the arena. Its possible to stall him with preparation for about 2 minutes.

Do not try this with lvl 90 geared bstmaster. While it is possible to win, it is unlikely.

Suggestions for a 90 geared bst who wants to try anyway:
    Use accuracy food.
    Check ur gear and be aware of what isnt working due to sync.

P.S. The point of this fight for a bst is to get a martial knife. Martial Knife + Renauds axe+2 (+100tp)
    Combined with a good set of dex/int mab gear can make a very strong aoelian edge wich is useful for farming and prepping trial of magian swarms for the final whirl claws. Inside abyssea atma of the gales ultima and hells guardian can be added for a very nice primeval brew WS. Altho primal rend will do more (25k average) , Aoelian edge will make up for the less damage with the skillchain damage. example 3 brewed primal rends is 75k on average whereas 3 aoelian edges is 45k + 30k skill chain damage. You can also use atma of the gales + ducal guard + zenith with a fatso fargan and a pet DT anwig to reach full 100% pdt for BLUNT monsters only, then duo your own fell cleave like party on apkallus in mizaeraux using aoelian edge+snarl and a rdm partner for capping azure and healing (also a decent source of money, 16 open slots for paying leechers split only 2 ways).

So as u can see, Martial knife and martial knife/fusetto +2 combo are great additions to your beast arsenal. Unfortunately the knife is somewhat expensive. Luckily, you know have a good strat to follow. So now u can solo your own.
    (2)
    Last edited by Gotterdammerung; 04-22-2011 at 08:43 AM.