Character
    Amanet
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 55

Been Out of the Game for a couple years

Ok so here is the deal I have not played Final Fantasy XI for a few years and I just finished getting everything reactivated and I was finally able to log in.

Only thing is where is everyone? I figured most ppl are probably playing out the new expansions.

I also realized that the game dynamics have changed a bit like being able to level up quicker.

Can anyone point me to a thread that might explain any of the new stuff to someone who has come back after a long hiatus?

Are linkshells still around? Do I go to the same places to level up?
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    There's a set of returning player guides on playonline.com (sorry haven't got the link at work) I think under Adventurer Primer...

Plenty to read there :-)

Sorry - very brief post...I'll try and be more verbose when I get a chance...Welcome back :-)

Art.
    (1)

Quote Originally Posted by amanet17 View Post
    Ok so here is the deal I have not played Final Fantasy XI for a few years and I just finished getting everything reactivated and I was finally able to log in.

Only thing is where is everyone? I figured most ppl are probably playing out the new expansions.

I also realized that the game dynamics have changed a bit like being able to level up quicker.

Can anyone point me to a thread that might explain any of the new stuff to someone who has come back after a long hiatus?

Most people spend their time in Adoulin areas. Jeuno, Whitegate, and the 3 cities are all but abandoned.

I'm not sure how relevant it is today, but this BG thread should have some answers via the links in the first post.

Linkshells are still a thing, although there aren't many massive endgame shells like in the past. Check a Linkshell Concierge for a shell that's welcoming to newcomers.
    (0)

Character
    Astronema
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by amanet17 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Artharian View Post
    There's a set of returning player guides on playonline.com (sorry haven't got the link at work) I think under Adventurer Primer...

Plenty to read there :-)

Sorry - very brief post...I'll try and be more verbose when I get a chance...Welcome back :-)

Art.
    Click here for returning and new players guide -->Final Fantasy XI Adventuring Primer
    (0)

Character
    Artharian
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    That's the bunny! Thanks Ladynamine :-)

Art.
    (0)