Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Also consider this... where does the money that people are paying for the alex you farmed come from? Other players and so on so forth but between taxes and fees that amount of gil goes down if it's just changing hands. So without npcing stuff we'd naturally have enough deflation to make npcing more worthwhile
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    I think there are enough people converting Sparks to gil to counter the money sinks.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Not to mention all the junk I npc from my mog garden. There are plenty of ways to step over the tiny gil sinks that the game has.
    (1)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    I think there are enough people converting Sparks to gil to counter the money sinks.
    True but that is still a form of npcing stuff that you go out and farm. My statement was more of a counter to the whole just farm content instead of things to npc. Npcing things can be a good thing in moderation when not heavily abused and completely disproportionate like was the case here
    (0)

Character
    Bjorne
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 5
    The *only* reason people did this was because it could be botted otherwise they'd do something with a higher ratio of time vs gil such as soloing Salvage II.
    (4)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Atomic_Skull View Post
    The *only* reason people did this was because it could be botted otherwise they'd do something with a higher ratio of time vs gil such as soloing Salvage II.
    Well, That and the fact that they need something to do for the other 23.5 hours of the day that are left over after they solo salvage...
    (1)

Player
    i refer to an earlier post. SE just doesnt have the cajones to enforce their own policies anymore. there are so many bots on odin server alone that the STF should be fired on the spot. this isnt about farming and npc prices so much as SE doing (or not doing) the right thing. what they should do is start booting botters. as i have said before they are easy to spot. what bugs me is there is almost no effort to do ANYTHING about those bots without hurting legitimate players. it seems that SE has gotten caught in a downward spiral and they need to pull out of it. make the STF actually earn their paycheck for once. give the GMs back the power to ban obvious cheaters. in short, stop being stupid and pop your heads outta your rears and actually do the right thing.
    (0)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    So you intentionally chose one of the least effective ways of farming gil, and now you're pitching a fit because it won't work any more? I think you run a bot and are upset that it isn't profitable any more. No sane human player doing this for fun would think farming Wisteria Lumber was an effective way to make gil.
    (3)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    It's easy to spot someone that looks like a bot. But that's profiling and there's a reason that isn't normally done
    (0)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    So you intentionally chose one of the least effective ways of farming gil, and now you're pitching a fit because it won't work any more? I think you run a bot and are upset that it isn't profitable any more. No sane human player doing this for fun would think farming Wisteria Lumber was an effective way to make gil.
    Farming CP/JP is the exact same thing and people are telling me that I'm insane for not loving it. Something about glass houses comes to mind...
    (2)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast