Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99

February 2015 Gifts for Ninja

My opinion on the new gift (Utsusemi: San) is that it is useless nowadays, unless its able absorb AoE moves more efficiently than others tier before it.
    • RUN and PLD are just better Tanking jobs, with RUN having a huge advantage over NIN with Magic defense, Flash & Foil (Enmity Tools), and quicker casting/recast time on Utsusemi.
    • Also, soloing is irrelevant nowadays as Ninja, especially now since we got Trust npc (back in the level 75 era, getting Utsusemi: San was understandable, because of recast time issue).

I would have prefer a new tier of elemental ninjutsu over this, so that way Ninja is more versatile and gives beneficial uses for today's content.
    • Theres no way with physical damage alone is the job efficient enough to compete with many other DD jobs.
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 02-20-2015 at 04:16 AM.

Player
    Utsusemi: San would be situationally nice, tower fight since you are often slowga'd therefore painful recasts and desperately trying to keep shadows on for light blade, etc. Problem is, I play the job extremely rarely therefore I don't feel the desire to JP on it, so I'll probably never have it.

That said, yes Pld is definitely the better tank, Run, meh, and I do wish Utsusemi: San could block AoE moves, especially magical ones instead etc.
    (0)

Player
    The thing is (I don't know about yours) but my elemental doesn't do damage to stop fighting to cast it. I do wish they thought of something else to give nin that could help tank.
    (1)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    The thing is (I don't know about yours) but my elemental doesn't do damage to stop fighting to cast it.
    I don't understand. What do you mean by it not doing damage to stop fighting to cast it?
    (0)
    Last edited by Kaeviathan; 02-20-2015 at 11:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    I don't understand. What do you mean by it not doing damage to stop fighting to cast it?
    Probably that casting isn't worth not swinging.
    (3)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Catmato View Post
    Probably that casting isn't worth not swinging.
    Yes that's what I meant.
    (0)

Character
    Kaeviathan
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    NIN Lv 99
    http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/75459

Elemental Ninjutsu is able to deal decent amount of damage if it's setup correctly.
    (0)

Player
    But this post isn't about Elemental Ninjustu its about Utsusemi, so lets talk about that.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaeviathan View Post
    http://www.ffxiah.com/screenshots/75459

Elemental Ninjutsu is able to deal decent amount of damage if it's setup correctly.
    Not sure if ele nin was affected by the magic burst boost (Don't see why not, it is magic damage, but I did not read the update notes), but was magic bursting higher than normal. i agree, ninjutsu can do serviceable damage, not sure many ppl are willing to gear for it (Like you did). There are a plethora of magic attack/some magic burst rings, etc available for nin; I don't doubt you one bit. I may gear up and try it out, perhaps spent some job points on the ninjutsu damage.

but i digress, will leave you guys to discuss the original topic.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 03-27-2015 at 06:36 AM.

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    Not sure if ele nin was affected by the magic burst boost (Don't see why not, it is magic damage, but I did not read the update notes), but was magic bursting higher than normal. i agree, ninjutsu can do serviceable damage, not sure many ppl are willing to gear for it (Like you did). There are a plethora of magic attack/some magic burst rings, etc available for nin; I don't doubt you one bit. I may gear up and try it out, perhaps spent some job points on the ninjutsu damage.

but i digress, will leave you guys to discuss the original topic.
    The main problem with San level Ninjutsu is that NIN has 8 merit topics, and only 15 merits to spend on it. It's a problem shared with other jobs, such as SMN, BLM and RDM to name a couple, where they have more things to spend merits on then jobs such as WAR and DRG that only have 4. San level Ninjutsu can be good, if you put all 5 merits in it, and then gear it up, and add /BLM for the MAT bonus. However, the times that it's efficient to gear just for that is few and far between, and normal, non MB casts are still not worth the loss of DoT from auto-attack and the WS generated from the TP. Back to OP, I miss the days when AoE didn't strip all shadows. If SE just brought it back, for main NIN only, it would do wonders for NIN becoming tanks again. Would it balanced against the other 2 tanks? /shrug who knows, but it would be fun again!
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast