Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Player
    It would make ninja useable in fight if it did go back to that, and like you said only for main job. It would be nice to have shadows do their job of protecting the ninja for damage.
    (0)
    A time enjoyed is a time not wasted

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by okugi View Post
    The main problem with San level Ninjutsu is that NIN has 8 merit topics, and only 15 merits to spend on it. It's a problem shared with other jobs, such as SMN, BLM and RDM to name a couple, where they have more things to spend merits on then jobs such as WAR and DRG that only have 4. San level Ninjutsu can be good, if you put all 5 merits in it, and then gear it up, and add /BLM for the MAT bonus. However, the times that it's efficient to gear just for that is few and far between, and normal, non MB casts are still not worth the loss of DoT from auto-attack and the WS generated from the TP. Back to OP, I miss the days when AoE didn't strip all shadows. If SE just brought it back, for main NIN only, it would do wonders for NIN becoming tanks again. Would it balanced against the other 2 tanks? /shrug who knows, but it would be fun again!
    Have not played much FFXI in a min (Craft and such), but most went /rdm as opposed to blm for haste and such, unless things changed. Iirc, MB II is the highest mb ninja can nab on a /mage (24-ish or something like that?)

With the amount of magic attack/burst gear available, /mage should not be essential (Not to mention the loss of /war); like the pic, I usually marco nin nuke gear with futae after a magic burst, as opposed to standing there throwing out nukes (In abyssea, that is graaaaavy though).

I was of the mind set of nuking for burst, not nuking every few secs.

Also, gearing ninja to nuke is far from difficult, but rather, most don't care to do so; they feel it is senseless (Like you alluded to). A great deal of magic attack options are buy-able on AH.

But the proof is in the pics, nukes can be serviceable on burst, if players put in the work (It was in a revive, I know).

Also, don't forget about the innin bonus; i can see ninja nuking being used on burst.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 03-28-2015 at 11:30 AM.

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Ninjutsu can also be useful in a party sense. They could make the mob weak to the element everyone is about to magic burst with.
    (0)

Player
    Why would I want to dress up to pretend I was a Blm when I can just go Blm and do more damage with my magic?
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    Why would I want to dress up to pretend I was a Blm when I can just go Blm and do more damage with my magic?
    You don't, lol....

We are not obligated to do anything; personally, I like the extra damage it does from light/dark SCs every now and then with a futae (Even better with Ininn).

You don't have to though, i just like to do it. Nobody will make fun of you for not doing it, nor will anyone slap you for bursting. Could not hurt though; unless you are spamming the wheel which is not what I am referring to, only MB-ing.

BLMs dmg come strictly from magic, I only use Nin nukes for MB-ing; I would full-time nin nukes in abyssea for azure.

(Still wondering why Nin does not have self skillchain properties considering their traits, whats up with that SE?)
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 04-07-2015 at 05:54 AM.

Player
    "You do not know my friends" I tend not to MB because I don't know how long the window is.
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by WoW View Post
    You don't, lol....

We are not obligated to do anything; personally, I like the extra damage it does from light/dark SCs every now and then with a futae (Even better with Ininn).

You don't have to though, i just like to do it. Nobody will make fun of you for not doing it, nor will anyone slap you for bursting. Could not hurt though; unless you are spamming the wheel which is not what I am referring to, only MB-ing.

BLMs dmg come strictly from magic, I only use Nin nukes for MB-ing; I would full-time nin nukes in abyssea for azure.

(Still wondering why Nin does not have self skillchain properties considering their traits, whats up with that SE?)
    You can get some really nice MB now with the MB update.

Also in a sense nin does sort of have self skillchain properties. Between Daken and there naturally fast att speeds there tp gain is often fast enough to self skillchain all on it's own. With decent amounts of haste I've done down back to back to back skillchains like sam except since nin doesn't get as many different skillchain elements on it's ws you can't do the crazy 6 step ones and generally just better doing things like Hi spam. Of course this sometimes requires luck or at least sange but yeah you can get tp really fast
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zerowin View Post
    "You do not know my friends" I tend not to MB because I don't know how long the window is.
    ~3-5 seconds or until the next ws with skillchain properties is performed whichever comes first
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by dasva View Post
    You can get some really nice MB now with the MB update.

Also in a sense nin does sort of have self skillchain properties. Between Daken and there naturally fast att speeds there tp gain is often fast enough to self skillchain all on it's own. With decent amounts of haste I've done down back to back to back skillchains like sam except since nin doesn't get as many different skillchain elements on it's ws you can't do the crazy 6 step ones and generally just better doing things like Hi spam. Of course this sometimes requires luck or at least sange but yeah you can get tp really fast
    I am aware of this, I was thinking DNC and Sam, abilities which create skill-chains.

Thought it was somewhat strange that NIN has these bonus traits, but no innate skill chain ability (JA which induces a chainbound status, etc).

But agreed, in a sense, nin can self sc.
    (0)
    Last edited by WoW; 04-09-2015 at 04:57 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2