Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
    Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

The state of Collations.

For the past two months I've been spending ALL my tags on Peacekeepers collation trying to get it to rank 8 for Armor+1 to become available. Every week it has been for nothing, stayed rank 7 a couple weeks then fell to rank 6 and has been there for a month. It doesn't effect me so much although having some Quick Draw pants would be nice, Isn't this an equipment stepping stone for new and returning players to advance up the iLv ladder? Why make it so difficult to level up collations it only hurts the servers with a lower population or lazy population. Do you(SE/Dev) know if there will be any changes to help ease this in the future?
    (4)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Wait it delvls? I've never heard of any of them delvling. Also you don't need rank 8 (actually don't think 8 is possible) you just need Main Chimney so just keep voting for that.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It does delevel. On Valefor Peacekeeper is down to 6 and Pioneer/Mummer is down to 7. Of course there's no real incentive to use imprimaturs on these compared to Courier so sucks for us I guess.
    (3)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by detlef View Post
    It does delevel. On Valefor Peacekeeper is down to 6 and Pioneer/Mummer is down to 7. Of course there's no real incentive to use imprimaturs on these compared to Courier so sucks for us I guess.
    We're having similar issues here on Sylph, except Mummers is struggling more than Peacekeepers.

Hopefully the Dev team really looks into this though because it's inevitably going to get worse and worse. Personally I think the coalitions shouldn't delevel at all, especially with dwindling server populations. What makes this all worse though is that the rewards from doing Coalition quests are just completely in favor of Courier's. For example, why do a Morale Boost in Kamihr, which requires figuring out what direction and emote to do to an NPC, when you could instead do Frontier Support to the Kamihr Drifts Bivouac #4, which only requires simply talking to the NPC. Using 3 imprimaturs for the Kamihr Frontier Support assignment to Bivouac #4 rewards about 11200~ Bayld if you use the waypoint there, while 3 Imps for the Morale Boost in Kamihr rewards only 7200 Bayld/Exp but requires much more effort to do with the annoying mechanics of morale boosting.

It's blatantly imbalanced and is really quite annoying watching coalitions delevel from this imbalance.
    (6)

Character
    Creelo
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    To go further, I decided to make it my own personal mission for several weeks to try to get the Mummers Coalition back up to Rank 8 between my three chars I have under my account. It had just recently dropped to rank 6 and I was able to get it back up to rank 7 within the first week, likely because it had only just deleveled. Because of this I figured getting it to 8 wouldn't be too difficult, and so I continued to pour all of my imprimaturs between my three chars at the Mummers coalition for about 4 weeks. Anyways, come now and the coalition is still only Rank 7, which is absolutely disappointing considering I had three characters using all of their imps on the coalition (never missed a single imprimatur either!).

Basically if you want these unpopular coalitions to rank up or get specific things (like the Main Chimney in Peacekeepers), you're going to have to get outside help from a good amount of other people, which can be exceedingly difficult to do at the moment.
    (0)

Character
    Traxus
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Is this why I can't buy homestead weapons anymore?
    (0)

Character
    Seigyoku
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    It's not just Sylph!

And to think, IIRC, originally coalitions were supposed to decay FASTER.
    (0)
    Don't wish. Don't start.

Character
    Doctorweird
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 30
    I just looked at the list on Carbuncle and Mummers has been delevelled for us.
    (0)

Character
    Rabies
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Traxus View Post
    Is this why I can't buy homestead weapons anymore?
    Yes this is why.

I guess the people who do collation quests have already hit legend or there are so few trying to climb to legend that the few people putting tags towards it isn't enough.
    (0)

There are currently no plans to adjust the rate at which Adoulin Coalition ranks increase and decrease at this time; however, the development team will look into easing up on this somehow in the future.
    (2)
    Colby "Grekumah" Casaccia - Community Team

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast