Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

remove soul pyres from the game, give bayld for killing things

Seriously, soul pyres are the stupidest waste of time when you're grinding kills. I'm supposed to stop for a good minute or so every 3 kills to get a piddly amount of bayld, or if I'm super super lucky, an item that I can more easily obtain elsewhere? They're just a hassle that 99% of us ignore. Remove them and give us bayld for kills similar to how you get CP/IS/AN for kills, with Ionis active.. I don't care if its just 1-3 bayld a kill, just give us whatever we'd be getting if we opened every soul pyre we came across so I can keep killing things instead of stopping to mess with the stupid things.
    (37)

Character
    Mrkillface
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Seriously, soul pyres are the stupidest waste of time when you're grinding kills. I'm supposed to stop for a good minute or so every 3 kills to get a piddly amount of bayld, or if I'm super super lucky, an item that I can more easily obtain elsewhere? They're just a hassle that 99% of us ignore. Remove them and give us bayld for kills similar to how you get CP/IS/AN for kills, with Ionis active.. I don't care if its just 1-3 bayld a kill, just give us whatever we'd be getting if we opened every soul pyre we came across so I can keep killing things instead of stopping to mess with the stupid things.
    Obligatory "You just want everything handed to you for free" comment.

But seriously. I agree. Soul Pyres are crap. They should just give us like 2 bayld per kill and call it a day.
    (16)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Got to agree, if I stop to try and obtain whatever is in a soul pyre, I lose my capacity chain and most of the time it's not worth the effort.
    (12)

Heck, I'd even agree to have them just remove the pyres, making Bayld is easy and effortless enough as it is.
    (3)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    never could figure out how to obtain the soul pyre goodies. It's such a flawed system- may as well just remove it.
    (8)

Character
    Camiie
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I tried getting on SMN and dancing around one, but the stupid thing just sat there instead of floating off to the afterlife.
    (9)

Character
    Zarchery
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I just ignore the things.
    (4)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    So does pretty much everyone, which makes them pointless to exist.

I've heard that really rarely you can find other items like JSE capes in them; but i've never once seen anything other than bayld. And nobody really cares enough to find out.
    (9)

Character
    Rwolf
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    I've gotten capes I didn't need from them before. Not much of a confirmation without a pic but I think there was a screenshot posted on FFXIAH a long while back of one. I agree they are pretty pointless and I'd be all for just giving low amounts of bayld directly. The only time I've messed with them was out of curiosity and quickly got over it and just ignored them. They are too random with how they are opened based compared to chests which at least had a little bit of probability thinking and decent hints.
    (2)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zarchery View Post
    They only exist as something I accidentally target.
    (10)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast