Character
    Meyi
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BLM Lv 99
    YES PLEASE!!

I would love this forever. ;A;

Or, if they could somehow implement a small handheld version of the game (Nintendo 3DS, or whatever other console), that isn't necessarily online, but could still sync up to your SE account and benefit you (like farming gil, or leveling up monstrosity, etc.), it would be so cool. <3

There are so many times I want to play this game when I'm away from my computer.
    (0)
    Quote Originally Posted by Greatguardian View Post
    ^_________________________________________________________________^

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    there are 2 thing that make this nearly or totally impossible

1. the ds3 has only one joystick thus camera movement is implausible
    2. ware would you store all 12 GB of data + updates[most ds games are only 1-50 MB] needed for the game(or would you require every update that thay buy another card and switch between cards every time thay need to)
    (0)
    Last edited by SMD111; 02-17-2015 at 12:58 AM.

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post

2. ware would you store all 12 GB of data + updates[most ds games are only 1-50 MB] needed for the game(or would you require every update that thay buy another card and switch between cards every time thay need to)
    The new 3DS has a 2nd joystick, in Majora's Mask 3D it's used solely for camera movement.

As for storage, the new 3DS uses micro SDHC cards, while the new 3DS is packaged with a 4GB card, you can just buy a much larger one.
    (2)

Character
    Sapphire
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    3ds has awful vertical screen resolution, even though it has 2 screens, the combined vertical resolution of both of them is still less than a PSVITA.
    Its far more reasonable to do a port of the game to PSVITA for a ton of programmer reasons which I don't feel like writing walls of text about.

As someone who has had to work on games for multiple platforms at once (PC/Xbox360/PS3), its slows down development to support+update+TEST+QA extra platforms even on the most robust cross platform game engines in the industry.
    FFXI still has to support Xbox and PS2 on top of PC, and as much I would like to see a port on a handheld machine, they would be better off spending dev resources on another expansion or more people to make meatier monthly version updates instead.
    (1)
    Death Penalty / Terpsichore / Murgleis / Nagi / Kikoku / Armageddon / Twashtar

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post

New 3DS has 2 analog controls. It supports up to 64GB SD cards.

PS2 on top of PC
    well they can drop ps2. It's already all but dropped in the US with no expansion disc available, and I'm willing to bet if they do another expansion they'll take that oppertunity to drop it fully- I mean cmon, if the players in Japan don't have at least a ps3 by now i'd be shocked. Hell, there are tablets out there to run the game just fine (I don't know how big tablets are in Japan though.)

The 3DS screen may be low res, but hell, they made monster hunter work and look fine on it, and it even puts the chat on the main screen. Note this thread IS a pipe dream, but it's one I'd probably spend money on if it were a thing
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-17-2015 at 02:22 AM.

Character
    Vasche
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    I'd settle for a 3d port of a PS1 era Final Fantasy or a new Tactics Advance at this point :x
    (0)

Character
    Senan
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 70
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    New 3DS has 2 analog controls. It supports up to 64GB SD cards.

well they can drop ps2. It's already all but dropped in the US with no expansion disc available, and I'm willing to bet if they do another expansion they'll take that oppertunity to drop it fully- I mean cmon, if the players in Japan don't have at least a ps3 by now i'd be shocked. Hell, there are tablets out there to run the game just fine (I don't know how big tablets are in Japan though.)

The 3DS screen may be low res, but hell, they made monster hunter work and look fine on it, and it even puts the chat on the main screen. Note this thread IS a pipe dream, but it's one I'd probably spend money on if it were a thing
    Seeing as how the version you play on the PS3 is the same as the PS2 (which also means you have to have an old PS3 Fat to even play it on that system), the Japanese players that are clinging to the PS2 version wouldn't really benefit from having a PS3 instead (unless you're referring to HDD space.) You'd think SE would have released a version to the PSN by now, but I imagine it would take quite a bit of work to make that happen. Still, it seems so weird that there's a direct version for the 360, but not the PS3.
    (1)

considering SE seems to be refusing to put the old final fantasy games on the wii u and 3DS eshop... this seems completely unlikely. Though it would be cool.

PS: SE put your games on the eshop already!
    (3)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Seillan View Post
    Seeing as how the version you play on the PS3 is the same as the PS2 (which also means you have to have an old PS3 Fat to even play it on that system), the Japanese players that are clinging to the PS2 version wouldn't really benefit from having a PS3 instead (unless you're referring to HDD space.) You'd think SE would have released a version to the PSN by now, but I imagine it would take quite a bit of work to make that happen. Still, it seems so weird that there's a direct version for the 360, but not the PS3.
    This is a "build it and they will come thing." Something that's probably worth investing in some extra help to make happen- that is, releasing the game on ANY newer platform so that the ps2 can be dropped. There are so many ps2 specific issues like blackouts and stuff now that can't be fixed or caused them to implement silly workarounds. If they went and did this they could free themselves from the troubles caused by an inadequate platform- Even if it didn't mean a major game upgrade, it would mean they'd have more time to focus on the content.

considering SE seems to be refusing to put the old final fantasy games on the wii u and 3DS eshop... this seems completely unlikely. Though it would be cool.
    This, they even made FF3 available on the OUYA android console. Why do Nintendo fans get stuck with only spinoffs? Even our tenouously FF-related Crystal Chronicles series ground to a halt, so outside of theatrythm FF we have like nothing =\ We don't even have the NES or SNES FF games on Virtual Console...
    (1)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-17-2015 at 10:06 AM.

I don't understand why they aren't on the eshop already... even though I already own 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, & 6 on several consoles and in several versions I'd buy them again -.-

Well except on wii u where I would just pay the dollar to upgrade them so I could off TV play
    (0)
    http://photobucket.com/gallery/http://s19.photobucket.com/user/soulchld4/media/Olorinus-Signature.jpg.html

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast