Character
    Rasalgethi
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99

Final Fantasy XI for New Nintendo 3DS

Hello,

I thought about that and I did it on my Photoshop, it could be so cool and boost ffxi community don't you think?
    https://hostpic.xyz/files/15492190442927548274.jpg

Amiibo could pop exclusive Trusts
    (17)
    Last edited by Hercule; 02-04-2019 at 03:37 AM.

Player
    Funny cause the way you did it, it looks like it could work...

... but I doubt they'd do it.
    (1)
    Last edited by Crevox; 02-15-2015 at 09:36 PM.

Character
    Aprian
    World
    Sylph
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Cool, nice job
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    lol. Final fantasy amiibo, SE shut up and take my money!
    (7)

I like the rumour of a vita version some time ago more, but I can see the advantage of the dual screens the 3ds offers, esp for typing.
    But the vita's 3g would likely do it more credit then the 3DS wi-fi only for portability. (even though afaik the vita is still locked to only AT&T.... Stupid at&T...) But the 3DS popularity would dominate over the vita by far.... assuming the 3DS crowd was into FFXI at all.

But I'd totally buy this^^ Esp those cute Amiibo's, but we'd need some different ones then the FFXI statue collection from like... 2011 wasn't it? I have those guys on my shelf^^
    But make some of the trust NPC's into amiibo's and it would be really awesome^^
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Not every vita has 3G though i dont think? doesnt it cost a lot more for the one with 3G?

Also, a data plan + subscription fees...

If there was an amiibo for every trust, it would be as big as the smash bros series.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-16-2015 at 11:28 AM.

Character
    Urthdigger
    World
    Fenrir
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    3DS limitations
    (3)
    He once sold his soul to Promathia for a rare drop. He later won it back in a drinking contest, before beating up the twilight god for good measure.
    He's won dance-off trophies from the Republic of Bastok, the Duchy of Jeuno, and the Yagudo Theomilitary.
    He's won entire arguments with a single leer.
    He is the most interesting galka in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Not every vita has 3G though i dont think? doesnt it cost a lot more for the one with 3G?

Also, a data plan + subscription fees...

If there was an amiibo for every trust, it would be as big as the smash bros series.
    True, there's a wi-fi only, and a 3G+wi-fi model.
    Anyone who wanted to play FFXI outside wi-fi ranges would want the 3G model, which is a boon.

Downsides are obviously the single screen, but yes, the data plan does cost extra, I think it's between 15-20$ a month for like... 4Gb's or something? Last time i looked anyway. I don't have mine active, so prices could have changed since then. And AT&T is not very.... reliable, so who knows how practical such an option would be and if it would favor the vita.

But yeah, amiibo's for FFXI would be outstanding, i'd definitely buy some of those ^.^

And if not the 3DS or Vita, perhaps the Wii U? Not as popular as the PS4 of course, but dual screens and the touchpad could benefit FFXI like it would on the 3DS. Only downside is, FFXI isn't multi-threaded, so the Wii U's extra cores would be useless, and their a lot slower then the PS4's and 360's, so that could be a hindrance, idk the 3DS core speed or the new versions, but it might be as well, or it might all do alright, after all, FFXI we designed for what, a 300mhz PS2 and a 800mhz PC or something? It could work.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    How on earth would you communicate in a timely manner on this device? I love my 3DS but I think it would be pretty painful to play ffxi on it.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    How on earth would you communicate in a timely manner on this device? I love my 3DS but I think it would be pretty painful to play ffxi on it.
    would have to add a VOIP service, otherwise you're limited to slowly chatting in noncombat situations and using pre-prepared messages for battle. Monster Hunter 4 has chat where none of the other portable versions did (outside of premade "shoutouts"); its slow of course but it's a "new thing" for the system. Outside of that, the New 3DS has the specs for FFXI to be functional but a port to that would be about as likely as to the psp or vita; i remember the vita rumors but those were shot down as I recall.

FFXIV supports remote play on the Vita- naturally chatting is hard with that, but you CAN play it (veeeery sketchy though if you aren't in local wifi range of your PS4)

As for Wii U, it could even run FFXIV just fine- at least better than the PS3 runs it (which is awful and was only made to fufill the original promise of a ps3 version), so there would really be no problem running XI- but with the exception of the online titles and FF13/13-2, no FF after 6 has appeared on a non-sony console. So I wouldn't hold out for it. I'm not sure if they have an actual deal with Sony or not but it seems as if. (edit: oops, I forgot 7 and 8 had PC versions, but technically that's not a console )
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-16-2015 at 05:31 PM.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast