Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99

Suggestion to make Puppetmaster desirable for parties.

Puppetmaster has gotten a lot of fantastic boosts lately. Unfortunately, it still has not made us competitive.

I know that the dev team has previously stated that there are no plans to make a new automaton, but if they ever decide to MAKE plans, then this is what I'd like to see:

Please add a "Geomancer" style automaton head.

Outfitting one's automaton with this head will extend the effects of equipped attachments to nearby party members when the appropriate maneuvers are used. It can be used with any automaton frame. This would allow for a variety of effects that could potentially let Puppetmaster finally be sought after for parties.

Going down the list, we could potentially see the following buffs derived from relevant attachments:

When a FIRE maneuver is used:
    Tension Spring: Attack up
    Attuner: Monster Defense down?
    Inhibitor: Store TP up
    Strobe: Enmity up

When an EARTH maneuver is used:
    Armor Plate: Defense up or Physical Damage Taken down
    Barrier Module: Increased shield block rate
    Schurzen: Allows Scherzo/Earthen Armor/Migawari to trigger more easily?

When a WATER maneuver is used:
    Mana Jammer: Magic Defense Bonus up or Magic Damage Taken down
    Mana Channeler: Magic Attack Bonus up and Recast Time up
    Percolator: Skill gain rate up
    Stealth Screen: Enmity down
    Steam Jacket: Increases resistance to magic damage of a certain element after taking damage

When a WIND maneuver is used:
    Accelerator: Evasion up
    Drum Magazine: Snapshot up, Ranged Accuracy down
    Scope: Ranged Accuracy up
    Turbo Charger: Haste

When an ICE maneuver is used:
    Loudspeaker: Magic Attack Bonus up
    Mana Booster: Fast Cast up
    Power Cooler: MP Costs down
    Tranquilizer: Magic Accuracy up

When a THUNDER maneuver is used:
    Coiler: Double Attack up
    Dynamo: Critical Hit Rate up
    Galvanizer: Counter rate up
    Stabilizer: Accuracy up
    Volt Gun: Enthunder
    Target Marker: Monster Evasion down?

When a LIGHT maneuver is used:
    Auto-Repair Kit: Regen
    Optic Fiber: A little of every equipped attachment!
    Vivi-Valve: Increased Cure Potency

When a DARK maneuver is used:
    Mana Conserver: Conserve MP
    Mana Tank: Refresh
    Smoke Screen: Evasion up, Accuracy down

These effects would be considered separate from Geomancy and should stack with similar Geomancy effects from a Geomancer, but should NOT stack with effects from another Automaton.

Naturally, the potency of the extended attachment effects would have to be less than the bonus the automaton itself receives or it would likely end up being too much. All the same, a support style automaton head fashioned after Geomancer would be a great boon to Puppetmasters looking to participate in large scale endgame events. Thanks for your consideration.
    (0)
    Last edited by sweetidealism; 02-13-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Not gonna happen (like this) at least, it would be too over powered.

1) What we need is a melee frame (mnk/sam/thf/war/drg etc) that is meant to do melee dmg. VE and SS just dont do the amount of dmg we need.
    2) Gear sets that max pet haste without gimping the master
    3) Pets to take significantly reduced dmg from ae if the ae hits the master. (EG ae hits me + pet, pet takes 5% of the dmg, i still take w/e dmg i would have taken)
    (2)

1) A little mini-SAM or mini-DRG would be awesome.
    3) Yesss, this so much. For all pet jobs probably. I wonder how the new Armor Plate III will do.
    (0)

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Well unless armor plate 3 is DT instead of PDT its kinda a wash honestly.
    AP 1 5/7.5/10/15
    AP2 10/15/20/25
    AP3 15/20/25/30 (probable)

At best your using all 3 with 0 maneuvers for -30% pdt...if they increase the elemental capacity enough to allow all 3 (or even 2+3) on any of the dd frames

You still need mana jammer 3, and even then you wont cap -mdt unless you are using a mage frame that happens to have shell on itself.
    (0)
    Last edited by Roja323; 02-14-2015 at 04:17 AM.

Got bored, drew this. Tried to stay true to the original design.
    (6)
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Got bored again, BLU Automaton. >_>
    (4)
    Last edited by Zeargi; 02-16-2015 at 05:01 AM.
    "What is a man? A miserable little pile of secrets. But enough talk... Have at you!" Lord Dracula - [Castlevania:SotN]

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Roja323 View Post
    Not gonna happen (like this) at least, it would be too over powered.

1) What we need is a melee frame (mnk/sam/thf/war/drg etc) that is meant to do melee dmg. VE and SS just dont do the amount of dmg we need.
    2) Gear sets that max pet haste without gimping the master
    3) Pets to take significantly reduced dmg from ae if the ae hits the master. (EG ae hits me + pet, pet takes 5% of the dmg, i still take w/e dmg i would have taken)
    #1 might get fixed by the upcoming update. Let's wait and see on that one.
    #2 we're absolutely in agreement on. For instance, I took thurandaut ring, but I wish it did ANYTHING for the master.
    #3 would also be very welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    Got bored, drew this. Tried to stay true to the original design.
    Rad.

Anyway, there's a big problem with just adding another DD option instead of fixing the ones we have currently. Pure damage is great and all, but we otherwise provide very little utility. Sharpshot provides defense down with armor shatterer, and with attachments might do a few other neat things, but it can all be done more easily and potently by other jobs. Compare that to the top desired DDs, currently Monk, Samurai, Ranger, and Thief. Each offers unique things that no other DD can do (at least, as effectively.) The reason I suggested a geomancer style automaton is because it would let us finally fill a niche, and a highly desirable niche at that: support.

Valoredge will never be an effective tank because it can't have hate pinned on it with RNG or THF, and can't be cured by other players.
    Sharpshot falls short on damage as has been pointed out. (Again, hopefully this is rectified in the coming update.)
    Soulsoother still does not quite have the tools to be a main healer, and even if it did I wouldn't trust its AI.
    Spiritreaver is in desperate need of more magic damage and an attachment that makes it cast back to back but never any spell beyond a tier I.
    Stormwaker is great now but it's for solo only and this is a thread about becoming desirable in parties.
    Harlequin remains useless and forgotten and will likely stay that way.

Even if all of those problems are fixed, we're still lacking a real niche for party play. That's where the Geomancer style pet comes in. Everyone loves buffs. It doesn't have to be overpowered in the slightest. Simply being able to add support as a possible role at all would be incredible for Puppetmasters everywhere.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by sweetidealism View Post
    Even if all of those problems are fixed, we're still lacking a real niche for party play. That's where the Geomancer style pet comes in. Everyone loves buffs. It doesn't have to be overpowered in the slightest. Simply being able to add support as a possible role at all would be incredible for Puppetmasters everywhere.
    PUP falls into the same boat that SMN does, but PUP is an awesome DD in it's own right, the only problem is that it lacks the massive HP Pool that MNK gets. But as a pet job, the pet falls far behind in that category. Even if PUP got a GEO style frame, I don't think it'd win spots as in most cases the support wouldn't be drastic enough to merit its use. Because still as it stands no other Support job comes close to touching BRD. Which is why it's hard for other non-heavy hitters to find their spots. The Harlie could be useful again if it got an upgrade of sorts. and I'm hoping that these new attachments will help, but I don't think that they'll be enough. But I drew these picture just for fun. I had planned to draw a SAM, BRD, and maybe SMN Automaton. But I agree that something need to be done, more for pet jobs in General to get us back on the list of being thought of.
    (1)

Character
    Lumei
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    RDM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeargi View Post
    PUP falls into the same boat that SMN does, but PUP is an awesome DD in it's own right, the only problem is that it lacks the massive HP Pool that MNK gets. But as a pet job, the pet falls far behind in that category. Even if PUP got a GEO style frame, I don't think it'd win spots as in most cases the support wouldn't be drastic enough to merit its use. Because still as it stands no other Support job comes close to touching BRD. Which is why it's hard for other non-heavy hitters to find their spots. The Harlie could be useful again if it got an upgrade of sorts. and I'm hoping that these new attachments will help, but I don't think that they'll be enough. But I drew these picture just for fun. I had planned to draw a SAM, BRD, and maybe SMN Automaton. But I agree that something need to be done, more for pet jobs in General to get us back on the list of being thought of.
    Even if my thread accomplishes nothing else, I will be glad that it inspired you to draw these awesome automatons, haha.
    (1)

There's also something SE cannot do, remove the bias against pet jobs in the minds of the people who draw up "official" strategies. Pup is a utility job when you get down to it. We have the master providing pretty decent melee numbers, roughly what a DD nin puts out lately, then our auto is doing other stuff-exactly what being dependent on setup-over and above what we do for DPS. Couple that with what we are doing off our sub-job and that's quite alot of stuff coming from 1 slot of a 6 man party max. Good luck ever getting those guys to notice however that the pup is putting up good DPS and his soulsoother auto is debuffing the mob, keeping the whm's MP up by sharing the load and thanks to mana converter can never run out of MP itself-I've run in alot of parties that way in my LS and believe me, it's damn handy.

as to adding new heads or frames, I don't see that as the answer. The root of the current problem will never be addressed until the ilevel scaling to 119 is fixed, and +89 to each ability stat isn't getting that job done, any new frame or head will still suffer from lagging behind just as badly as our current autos do. Even Tier 3 attachments don't cover for the fact a player on the auto's job is running +109 or higher on core stats AND is using gear that adds +240 accuracy or the like. I mean, I'm not one of those mathy types who is going to run everything through parsers and all that but just looking at those numbers it should be readily apparent to even the dimmest bulbs amongst us that in modifiers used to calculate output our auto is way to hell and gone behind players-and they used to be essentially Even Matches.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast