Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Glamdring is 100% right:
    They add food - we are still 300 acc away from a decent auto
    They increase auto base acc/atk - we are still 200 acc away from a decent auto
    They add t3 attachments - (guess) but we are still 100 acc away from a decent auto.

Divinator needs to be more than just 90 to stats, it needs to be the equivalent of our pet wearing full i119 gear (+200 acc, atk, max worn haste etc) for the melee frame. Even i117 players in full sparks gear have better stats than our pet.

If their goal is like 80/20(p), then maybe with the update to t3 attachments well make that mark, but our pets will never be 50/50 or even 60/40(p).

I know you say new heads arent needed, but rng frame and VE frame are both kinda aweful at melee dd, and having to use ve head + rng body just to force it to melee 1x per my 8 swings seems sad. I want a native dual wield/h2h pet ;-/ something that hits more often and for harder. I mean im hitting 8x for 500 by the time my pet hits 1x for 200-300
    (1)

I wasn't condemning new frames/heads, just stating that until the ilevel part is fixed a new frame and/or head will be just as weak as what we have now. once that is done, THEN we can discuss all the new frames and/or heads anyone could want. I'll be happy to chime in then. I agree, our dedicated melee DD frames-valoredge and harlequin-are inadequate to the task due to attack speed but there is no point bringing new ones in until they will hit for more than 30-40 per swing. Given its relative fragility I actually want my sharpshot out of melee range, if anything I want its ranged damage range to be increased to rng/cor/throwing range, as I want our casters to cast from blm range, as things stand endgame AoE means I'm using Deus Ex entirely too often.
    (2)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    We've been asking for new heads/frames for years. I'm convinced at this point its not going to happen.

That said, this isn't really a problem that needs solving. PUP is already doing pretty well, since they've been buffed up the wazoo in several recent patches. The real problem is just LOLPUP stigma that persists in spite of the improvements. Pet accuracy could still be better as has been noted above; but I'd be reaching to complain about too much else. Honestly they could solve that problem and any others in 2 seconds by allowing regular buffs/spell effects to apply to pets (all pets, not just automatons) instead of requiring specialized buffs- of which BRD would be in the best position to use because of pianissimo, but BRD gets none.

You can get the accuracy where it needs to be right now with a COR, but you're only going to be able to do this if all of your DDs are pet users.

and having to use ve head + rng body just to force it to melee 1x per my 8 swings seems sad.
    You know I keep seeing people do this and it bugs me; they all but eliminated the accuracy down on the Drum Magazine (it has very little impact on ranged accuracy anymore) and nobody uses it. accuracy + haste2 attachment+drum magazine,some wind manuvers and your automaton is shooting like a machine gun (okay, slight exaggeration) with melees between each shot, getting a good TP gain rate. I've had many people tell me melee head gets you superior DPS, but I'm not seeing it, measuring about the same as other similarly geared PUPs in the same content at the same time. I'm sure some elitist will tell me I'm wrong about all this but remember when you use the melee head, you're also losing ranged attack rate. I've always thought PUPs using valor head/sharpshot body were just doing it to avoid having to move their pets around.
    (0)
    Last edited by Alhanelem; 02-22-2015 at 11:46 AM.

Character
    Raijitsu
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PUP Lv 99
    Drum magazine depends on your definition of minimal. -6 delay/-33 racc with 1 wind up. Not aweful, but see how it plays out.

Drum magazine -
    -16/-33/-60/-87 (-racc)
    -2/-6/-8/-15 (-second dly)

With RNG head with shiromochi, master wearing optimal master gear;
    Turbo 1/turbo 2/scope2/drum magazine
    979 acc/1113 atk/ 1021 racc/1175 ratk/ 32% haste / 14sec rattk

tc1/tc2/sc1/sc2
    979 acc/ 1113 atk/ 1077 racc/ 1175 ratk/ 32% haste/ 20sec rattk

MELEE head rng
    sc2/tc1/tc2
    989 acc/1129 atk/ 1043 racc/1154 ratk/. 32% haste/ 36sec rattk (more racc then rng with drum magazine)

1) With drum magazine, RNG will rattak 2x as offten as MEL-Rng, but has 20 less racc

2) both RNG and MEL-RNG have the same base dly (400) and benefit from haste equally, but melee rng will have more acc both with rng and with melee

3) MEL-RNG will always run in to attack...always, and will chase the mob.. If at any time you are in a circumstance where your pet is not always right next to the mob, MEL-RNG >>>>RNG. Attack per 14seconds vs 10 attacks is a no brainer.

Until we can get more gear like regin mittens where me and my pet get 5% haste 20acc etc, you will always gear for master > pet, and in those cases i will go with the pet that is garunteed to chase and has higher acc.
    (1)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2