Billnes
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    WHM Lv 99

Rewrite to accommodate the haters: Missing Tactics Pearl

<< Deleted by author >>
    (0)
    Last edited by Billnes; 08-07-2015 at 04:51 AM.

Character
    Novabane
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    I'm not here to hate, but just check on a couple things. First, have you ever had a tactics pearl before? If so, did you drop it before trying to attain the new one? Second, did you go to the rendezvous point to retrieve the tactics pearl. The food item is given at the then of the quest in the crag, but the pearl is given when you talk to you NPC at the rendezvous point.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Bigrob33 View Post
    The food item is given at the then of the quest in the crag
    It's been a while since I've done these, but are you sure this is true? I seem to recall getting the pearl and the food at the Rendezvous point.
    (0)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    Alright, step-by-step.

First, let's pull back on the aggressive tone. It is a fairly insignificant item, and while I understand the principle of the issue, throwing a fit over pixels that allows you to summon an NPC inferior to Trusts is not a good start to trying to get an issue resolved. Why don't we talk this through to ensure that you did this right?

Second, I'm not sure if you can remember all the details be cause you waited six months to do this, but I might as well ask anyway. Did you toss your old tactics pearl? If not, that may be why you didn't get it (though I could have sworn you had to drop it to get the quest again anyway, but I haven't done it in a bit). I'd say be sure to go through your inventory and see if you have it, but again, you waited six months and we can't be sure of what happened. Probably would help if this was an up-to-date report.

Honestly, I mean this with the best of intentions, but I don't think you're going to get anywhere on this. You've come in with a very negative tone, you had a half-year delay which means there's a lot of difficulty in going back and verifying what happened (especially if there was a bug at the time and it was fixed), and you're making demands to get an item for free that they are not obligated to provide. In this same amount of time you could have taken your WHM99 many times after the conquest tally ended and done the quest in roughly five minutes, if that, and that's without a melee set. Things are squishy in the crags now, and you can just hit the second floor for the quest completion.

Also Cat is right, you get both items at the same time at the Rendezvou point. Just a note~
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

5. 02-13-2015 01:28 AM

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    The quest resets every conquest tally; you don't need a GM to reset it. At JP Midnight on Sunday, the quest is available again; this time, just ensure you don't have a tactics pearl in your inventory before starting it. The quest will be available if you ask your NPC fellow about quests, and then you can go from there.

Good Luck getting a new Tactics Pearl.

Edit: Note that this is always the case; if your Tactics Pearl runs out of charges, toss it and get a new one. It is only repeatable after the conquest tally, however, so if you burn your pearl out at the start of a week, that's that!
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku