Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99

Mog Wardrobe 3,4,5,etc.

It was great to hear that we will be getting Mog Wardrobe 2 in April. In the post the devs describe how there will be an even longer delay when zoning due to the increased number of items in this additional wardrobe.

I would propose that if you instead implemented a job specific mob wardrobe system, it would eliminate the additional load times, and enable us to freely change jobs without the hassle of pulling gear from storage, slips, and other locations.

If the mog wardrobe worked as follows:
    1) Was job specific - when you change job, the last wardrobe used with that job changes with it.
    2) The Wardrobe is not "real" storage, its just a list of links to items stored elsewhere. But these linked items can be equipped with macros.
    (1)

Character
    Lonnan
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    The problem with this is a lot of gear is rare/ex but is usable on many different jobs. For example a lot of MAB accessories are used for all my mage jobs, but are also usable on BLU and melee/ranged jobs with magic weaponskills.

I personally use my wardrobe for accessories for that purpose. I've found that the bulk of my accessories are shared amongst many jobs while other gear pieces might be more job specific. Having a shared bank of inventory for shared accessories allows me to focus gearing a specific job the bigger gear pieces and accessories that font have cross over potential. Since I cannot have dulicate copies of my accessories because of their r/x tags, I'd have a lot of gear locked behind long loading screens or completely inaccessible.

Personally I liked the the proposed plan (or how I read the proposed plan) to give loading priority to mog wardrobes and then the other stuff. Honestly while I love being /bank /locker /storage, I'd be willing to give visual access to the MH inventories that I can't physically access outside of the MH, if, in exchange, I get more inventories that I can physically access outside the MH or automatically equip from like mog wardrobes.
    (0)

Character
    Larrymc
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Lonnan View Post
    The problem with this is a lot of gear is rare/ex but is usable on many different jobs. For example a lot of MAB accessories are used for all my mage jobs, but are also usable on BLU and melee/ranged jobs with magic weaponskills.
    I don't think I explained the "link" concept properly based on your comment. By linking items into a job specific wardrobe, the same item can be linked to different job specific mob wardrobes simultaneously. But only one job specific wardrobe will be active at any given time.
    (0)