Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I would love this, I've wanted it to happen for a long time. I would gladly pay the cost of another account ($12.95) to simultaneously log in with a separate character. I have two characters on one account, both with multiple well geared 99's. I also know for a fact that there are some people that share an account (a mistake they made when they first started the game) but would not speak up because it violates the user agreement. There's been some support for this in the past, too (see my sig).
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 02-11-2015 at 09:46 AM.
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Like I said before, if they feel the need to charge $12.95 a month for it, the same monthly cost of a second account, so be it. If anything it might coax people who don't have dual boxes to try it, which would increase revenue. I don't see how this would possibly make them less money, and doubt it would be so much a hassle to not warrant giving it a try.
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Hmm, I've never timed it but it feels like there have been times when I have been locked out of my main for more than a minute. I'll have to time it next time my computer has a display driver crash.
    (0)

Character
    Philemon
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    Hmm, I've never timed it but it feels like there have been times when I have been locked out of my main for more than a minute. I'll have to time it next time my computer has a display driver crash.
    Yeah it's something like 5 minutes and it usually happens when zoning.
    (0)

The problem is the logout is in the PlayOnline backend that FFXI runs on top of. POL hasn't had much of an update since the change to the billing system. The dev team we have now probably doesn't have a grasp to make big changes to it, as the whole system dates back to 2002. Also, by having it kick you out saying you were logged in from another client, you know when someone is breaking into your account. It logs you out before it even does a check of your active Content IDs, so it can't tell if you are trying to log in to a special Content ID. The system was also to prevent you from playing two PlayOnline games at once, when there were multiple games on the service.

The solution is simple, just activate a second account and dual box with that. If the fee was going to be the same, you may as well just have a second account to log in to. That saves them from having to redesign the backend system for a pretty niche case, when they already have a solution that works.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    The thing that I would like to see happen is make it so that you can take a content id and split it off to a new account. I don't think it's so much of an issue anymore but I remember back in the day that a lot of times peoples' significant others would make a second character on the same account and then be really sad when they realized they wanted more playtime.
    (0)

Player
    Dual boxing on the same account would also create potential balance problems with the modified delivery box.

Bring 3 characters to a SKC fight, send yourself all the chapters. Suddenly you're getting 12 per run. The same could be applied to many other situations.

Even if the back-end wasn't a limiting factor, I think this is extremely unlikely to happen. Splitting characters to different POL IDs(with limitation) would be a much more reasonable solution.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Comeatmebro View Post
    Dual boxing on the same account would also create potential balance problems with the modified delivery box.

Bring 3 characters to a SKC fight, send yourself all the chapters. Suddenly you're getting 12 per run. The same could be applied to many other situations.

Even if the back-end wasn't a limiting factor, I think this is extremely unlikely to happen. Splitting characters to different POL IDs(with limitation) would be a much more reasonable solution.
    Only then you would have people leveling characters and selling them. I think getting 3 times the chapters would be less of a balance problem especially since getting chapters is stupidly easy. POL is overdue for an update anyway. It's actually one of the reason I don't feeling like starting up FFXI.
    (0)

Character
    Dekoda
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    I don't get what's so wrong with being able to transfer a character from one PlayOnline account to a new, separate one. The only catch would be that the new one would be under the same Square Enix ID. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you cannot unlink a POL account after it has been attached to your Square Enix account. This would eliminate any potential RMT threats since only the Square Enix ID holder can pay for that account.
    (0)
    Last edited by Dekoda; 02-15-2015 at 07:39 AM.
    Siren -- 99 THF / RNG / COR / BRD / BST / PLD / NIN / SCH / PUP
    [http://forum.square-enix.com/ffxi/threads/6834-To-the-Devs-Character-Transfer-Service]
    Support this thread!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2