Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99

Special Account IDs

Dual boxing is a thing. I don't think it's going away. SE might as well embrace it. I feel it would be beneficial for them to offer a special account ID that would let that character be logged in with an additional character from the same account. Naturally it would cost more, probably about 10 dollars instead of the normal 1.
    (4)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Dual boxing is a thing. I don't think it's going away. SE might as well embrace it. I feel it would be beneficial for them to offer a special account ID that would let that character be logged in with an additional character from the same account. Naturally it would cost more, probably about 10 dollars instead of the normal 1.
    i would agree with something like this but not $10 i would go fore $5 to be able to use the account at the same time

but i think it would require a modification to POL because if you try to log in with another char from one account it will automatically log out your first char
    (4)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by SMD111 View Post
    i would agree with something like this but not $10 i would go fore $5 to be able to use the account at the same time

but i think it would require a modification to POL because if you try to log in with another char from one account it will automatically log out your first char
    I think it will log you out of POL if you try to log on to POL from another instance. Logging on another character does not kick the first one out. I have an nvidia card and I get display driver crashes a lot of the time. Sometimes it takes my character forever to log out of the game and so I will sit on a mule and search for my main to know when I can actually log in again.
    (0)

Character
    Kigensuro
    World
    Carbuncle
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    I think it will log you out of POL if you try to log on to POL from another instance. Logging on another character does not kick the first one out. I have an nvidia card and I get display driver crashes a lot of the time. Sometimes it takes my character forever to log out of the game and so I will sit on a mule and search for my main to know when I can actually log in again.
    and as far as i have seen POL is the backbone of logging in to ffxi(have you ever tried to log in to the same account from 2 different computers before?? your first logged in char get forcibly logged out as soon as you log in to the same POL account before you even try to log in to ffxi)
    (0)

Character
    Hoshiku
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    RNG Lv 99
    Right, when you log on to POL, POL will kick your other login off. On the other hand your content IDs can be logged in simultaneously.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulth View Post
    Dual boxing is already acknowledged and legal under the user agreement as long as the user is in control of both characters (not using an automated process). In that sense, it's already "embraced." But I think they would rather make you pay for another account to do it so I doubt they would ever change that.
    (1)

Character
    Andrewviii
    World
    Valefor
    Main Class
    THF Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Alhanelem View Post
    Dual boxing is already acknowledged and legal under the user agreement as long as the user is in control of both characters (not using an automated process). In that sense, it's already "embraced." But I think they would rather make you pay for another account to do it so I doubt they would ever change that.
    Well I said 10 because I was rounding down if they what to charge $12.95, fine. It wasn't the goal to save 3 dollars a month it's to be able to use the characters I already have. I have perfectly good mules who would make very nice dual boxes. And if I try it and find dual boxing isn't for me I can just downgrade them back into mules again.
    (0)

Quote Originally Posted by Hoshi View Post
    There's a one-minute delay for a character to despawn after a disconnect. Logging into the account on another system or in another instance forces a disconnect. You cannot log back into the character until it has despawned, which can allow you to log into a mule and still see your other character online. That is working as intended. The system does not allow two characters on the same account to be logged in at once, which is why the disconnect is forced.
    (1)
    www.reddit.com/r/ffxi/comments/2axr93/are_you_playing_on_the_asura_server_join_the/

Character
    Ferocity
    World
    Siren
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by bungiefanNA View Post
    There's a one-minute delay for a character to despawn after a disconnect. Logging into the account on another system or in another instance forces a disconnect. You cannot log back into the character until it has despawned, which can allow you to log into a mule and still see your other character online. That is working as intended. The system does not allow two characters on the same account to be logged in at once, which is why the disconnect is forced.
    But who says they can't change that....they'll make anything happen for more money. I think they might make more money having people pay $5-$10 to allow a mule on the same account to log on same time rather than having to buy another full account for $13. I think the amount of people that would start dual boxing a mule for $5 would outweigh the amount of people that pay for a separate account. This would also get the community more involved again in the content by raising a new character up again from scratch.
    (0)
    http://www.etherealls.com
    Prodigy - Ethereal Linkshell - Diabolos
    Ferocity - xEtherealx Linkshell - Siren
    Aegis 12/31/06
    Spharai 10/20/13
    Burtgang 01/05/15

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I think what the other person is getting at is it would take some work to change the system so that your multiple-enabled characters can all log on but normal login policies are still enforced, it would require checks and hooks that are certainly not already present. Because they make more money from people having second accounts than they would under the proposed system, I can't see them being in any way motivated to do it.
    (0)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast