Character
    Rambus
    World
    Bismarck
    Main Class
    BRD Lv 99

Dear SE, I been trying to ask this since the day it came out and never got an answer.

Enilightenment:
    Optimizes both white and bacl magic capabilities and allow access to both addenda for your next spell.

I would like this JA to do as it says, how comes it doesn't?
    (1)
    Quote Originally Posted by Camate View Post
    Spending Gil = Game balance, next question please tia
    Quote Originally Posted by Babekeke View Post
    They're reading and agreeing that these are very good ideas.... to be implemented to rune fencer.

Just like any good suggestions in the RDM thread get applied to SCH.

Player
    I'd rather it did something different all together. Have it switch arts, Light to Dark, Addendum: Black to Addendum: White, etc. I don't really care if it doesn't work exactly as it should when it has practically no use, if I need to cast say Erase that badly, I probably need to cast it more than once.
    (0)

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    I just use it for RR2 and occasionally Sleep 2, though I'm not in LA much anymore. In Abyssea at least, the fact that it doesn't actually optimize both arts doesn't bother me in terms of MP or magic accuracy, but it would be nice for the JA to work as described just for the casting and recast time.

I don't think I'd want it to switch to the alternate arts+addendum, because then I'd have to spend a charge to get back to the addendum I was in before I used it. Unless it just lasted for a set time period, could be canceled, and popped you back to where you were before using it.
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Merton9999 View Post
    I don't think I'd want it to switch to the alternate arts+addendum, because then I'd have to spend a charge to get back to the addendum I was in before I used it. Unless it just lasted for a set time period, could be canceled, and popped you back to where you were before using it.
    Well it's not going to happen so it doesn't really matter, but the whole reason I'd want it to switch is because I'd rather use it for more than applying Reraise.

Going Light Arts > Addendum: White > Erase takes far too long and as it is I find Enlightenment to be virtually worthless like the rest of our merits, otherwise I'd simply ask for that in a new job ability. I'd rather not see a new ability go to waste on something I consider an old one capable of doing.
    One spell from the opposite Addendum really isn't merit worthy in my opinion. Scholars weakness is that it cant play both Black and White roles at the same time, this would mean that you can more easily switch between two different roles. It seems far more like what a merit ability should be (yes I'm aware very few merits fill that criteria).
    (0)

Character
    Pikachuninetail
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    no offense..but GET A CLUE! SE don't care what we say on here or any of their other sites. they do what they want and that's that. do you see how many threads from players with genuine ideas,concerns, and questions on this forum all together? exactly how many of them have actually been Recognized? less than 5% and none of which have shown any hint of being addressed at all. if this forum is good for one thing and one thing only..it's for the players to communicate and talk about FFXI...but then again..isn't there like 20 other forums online that do the same thing?>.>;

PS: scholar is my fav job in FFXI so don't think i don't agree with your thread..it's just that it's pointless to say anything.
    (0)
    Last edited by Krystal; 04-04-2011 at 07:23 PM.

Player
    I'd wait until the next update to pull the "These forums have no purpose, SE isn't listening" card. They cant respond to every single idea, that's a ridiculous expectation. Hell, you'd have to have gone through every single thread on this forum, and across all languages, to discern if SE incorporated any of our suggestions into the updates content. I wont even put that much work into my PhD.

Considering I'd otherwise be posting these worthless ideas on sites less likely to be picked up, or not posting them at all, I can't see how it hurts to post them during down time. I don't expect SE to come knocking every time there's an idea that they'd like to incorporate, if they did I'd start demanding payment for doing a better job than whoever they're currently paying to read forums and steal good ideas.
    (0)
    Last edited by Sotek; 04-04-2011 at 07:49 PM.

Character
    Mordru
    World
    Quetzalcoatl
    Main Class
    SCH Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Sotek View Post
    Well it's not going to happen so it doesn't really matter, but the whole reason I'd want it to switch is because I'd rather use it for more than applying Reraise.
    Gotcha. I was stuck in "The way I use it now" mode. This actually does make sense to me now. I could stay in Add:White for as long as necessary at the cost of a JA and one charge instead of the two charges it would normally take to Add:White, then Add:Black.

I don't really care of SE takes the suggestions seriously at the moment. Head in the sand provides a 0% chance of change. I'll take the alternative number, whatever it happens to be, at the small cost of a 5 minute post.
    (2)

Character
    Shinzonx
    World
    Cerberus
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    it actually does do its job you probably have addenum black or white on to even notice you use light arts or dark arts use enlightenment and you gain access to all spells but can only use it once per activation so its like both addenum black and white combined
    (0)

Player
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinzonx View Post
    it actually does do its job you probably have addenum black or white on to even notice you use light arts or dark arts use enlightenment and you gain access to all spells but can only use it once per activation so its like both addenum black and white combined
    What Rambus means is that it doesn't let you optimize both arts. It has practically the same description as Tabula Rasa, which lets you cast any spell with the -10% MP cost/etc. effect regardless of which arts you are currently in. Where as Enlightenment will let you cast Reraise II while in Addendum: Black, but it will cost +20% more MP/etc. which it shouldn't if its description is anything to go by.
    (0)

Character
    Scuro
    World
    Odin
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    This is a bit of a derail, and I have to agree, I wish the Ability did what it said, and then it might actually be useful; but Sotek.... What the hell is your signature lol, I find myself just looking at this for a while. =P
    (0)

99 BLU,PLD,SCH,RNG,NIN,BST,SMN,THF,BLM,WHM... Any questions..?