Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramzi View Post
    I guess my mindset is just not hardcore enough to understand why someone would work so hard for something that offers really no tangible statistical bonus except being "rare". Hey look at me, I gave up my life for a year to have this shiny weapon. I mean WTF? Why would anyone think this is worthwhile? Could build 3 mythics with that gil.
    Play FFXIV. People will fork over an arm and a leg in that game (and many other games) for cosmetic enhancements. A lot of people put a lot into the look and feel of their in-game avatar. You're not the only one who doesn't understand this, so don't worry. it's just an issue of some people caring about form as much as function, while others are more practical.

What really happened here was the 250 marrow / other items were the original intended value for the trial, but it was decided that it was just too much; rather than simply change it, they decided to offer two paths, one for normal, sane people and one for people willing to do anything to stand out. They may have also figured that given how much effort is required just to obtain the weapon, that it wasn't reasonable to have the trials be just as if not more arduous.
    (0)

Character
    Ramzi
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    BLU Lv 99
    I played FFXIV and I don't recall there being any cosmetic enhancements that are too difficult to obtain. At one point some of the more rare minions were going for a lot of gil, but I'm talking 500k or so... not 750 mil. I've been away from the game for a while though, so maybe there's glamour items that are really expensive that I haven't seen.
    (0)

Character
    Urteil
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    DRK Lv 99
    I want the GM glow.
    (0)

Character
    Tahngarthor
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    Hm. somehow my post didn't get posted.
    I played FFXIV and I don't recall there being any cosmetic enhancements that are too difficult to obtain. At one point some of the more rare minions were going for a lot of gil, but I'm talking 500k or so... not 750 mil. I've been away from the game for a while though, so maybe there's glamour items that are really expensive that I haven't seen.
    Treasure Hunt chests could have rare materials in them, rare minions as you noted, there is often great expense in obtaining dyeable versions of originally non-dyeable items;The elemental horse mounts are exceptionally rare as well, and those are untradable; and the granddaddy of cosmetic items, furnishings. How about a rare drop from the hardest poss in the game plus a bunch of other uncommon materials to make a furnishing? Yes, its not all QUITE on the same order as aftgerlow, but the point is more that in that game, there are many cosmetics among the rarest items in the game.
    (0)

Character
    Byrth
    World
    Lakshmi
    Main Class
    DNC Lv 99
    Afterglows still glow, so they're just as desirable and practical now as they were at 99. I don't think they need an update.
    (3)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2