Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99

Black Mage Job Ability Idea: IMPLEMENT WHAT YOU HAVE PUBLISHED SE.

It's been six years since SE published an official book concerning FFXI events and job specific related information. One of my personal big disappointments was BLM being ignored. The book was translated, scanned and posted in the Killing Ifrit forums.

http://killingifrit.com/forums/topic...-your-history/

I'm personally referring to the Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest under Shantottos's spot.

"Shantotto

Professor Shantotto is a famous Black Mage of Windurst, whose name is known across all of Vana'diel.

A reporter for Magic Paradise Weekly writes, Her pride reaches higher than the volcanoes of Yuhtunga, her temper rockier than the peaks of the Gustaberg mountain range, as he describes her character (or perhaps lack of?) But despite the gossip surrounding her, she is said to be unparalleled as a Black Mage. Certainly, when you witness her unleash her fearsome sorcery, or watch as she exploits high-level transposition spells, you will know the true power of this doctor of destruction is unfathomable.

However, it is The Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest, a group of club and staff wielding mages forbidden to use magic, who are truly ferocious, often times being the catalyst for conflicts with other nations. They rival even the Knights of San d'Oria with their love of battle.

(The Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest is a group headed by Shantotto during her time at the Orastery. In order to temper her mages, she forbid the use of magic and forced them to do battle in close combat with the use of blunt weapons.)

On another note, Black Mages have recently come to acquire some skill with the Scythe, but accounts vary as to whether the Professor had anything to do with this.

(Scythe skill was added to Black Mages in the September 14th, 2004 Version Update. This book was released January 5th, 2005)"

And well you see, the thing is... This was never implemented. I've already contacted SE prior to this in the Support Center's Suggestions & Feedback page and it's been in vain. I am disappointed at the fact that something official was published yet never implemented. Sure it might be a ridiculous Job Ability but I'd be satisfied with knowing that they can stick to their word, even if it is more than 6 years too late.
    (3)

uhh i'm sorry. i fail to see what job ability you are talking about. The Martial Mages Mortal Mashfest appears to be a group of mages that participate in brenner. This says nothing really about a job ability... maybe something likethis could've been implemented if brenner really took off
    (1)

I don't see the ability either but it'd be fun to add fun little events (mini campaign battle-like) for certain jobs. Modern day campaign battle where we get to hear and see the rhyme-master Shantotto put in work against the beastmen followed by an army of mute mages that kick butt? (yes, please)
    (1)
    Teh most famous/infamous Taru on Carbuncle!

Miiyo Taru | Sargantanas Final Fantasy X|V

This thread is a prime example of why I try to avoid topics written in caps lock.
    (0)

Character
    Garota
    World
    Ragnarok
    Main Class
    SMN Lv 99
    I was drunk! Guess it didn't deter you from posting a response though. In any case, as Miiyo put it, I want to be part of the army of mute mages that kick butt. Just would have loved this to have been implemented somehow. Meh... Oh well.
    (0)