Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Upcoming February blue mage nerf

Blue Mage
    The accuracy of the additional effect of blue magic spells will now vary based on blue magic skill.

Why are you doing this to us?

Now I have to put on 512 worth of blu magic skill armor to make weight stick with subduction-----> then change to int/mab armor to keep damage high...

Some blue magic skill armors are still pre level 99 with no stat bonus upgrades so trying to maximize blu skill is now going to effect accuracy with no added incentive? Thanks for making me have to waste more inventory space!
    (0)

Boooooooooooooooooooooo!
    (0)

Character
    Dasva
    World
    Shiva
    Main Class
    SAM Lv 99
    Why are they doing this to us? Because blu magic spell additional effects have been broken for years because they are the only magical effects associated with spells that aren't effected by skill. This most likely wont effect any gearing at all but just be a free 400+ macc. It's a huge buff not a nerf at all so calm down and learn how macc works.

Also for subduction specifically I don't think there will be any change. I believe this problem was only for physical moves additional effects because they were coded more like weaponskills with additional effects while magical ones used normal magic stats. This seems backed up by the list of things that don't land being composed of only physical magic additional effects and some ws
    (7)
    Last edited by dasva; 02-04-2015 at 01:15 PM.

Firstly, I'm well aware of how magic accuracy works, which is why I'm pissed they are subbing magic accuracy with blue magic skill...

Why did I farm 5/5 hagondes +1 Macc 20-28 each ( which I doubt you have) for them to say blue magic skill will take it's place months later, and if what ur saying makes any sense then magic accuracy wouldn't exist at all..

Granted I've already farmed the rest of my blue magic skill + armors the week relic armors were revamped, so I'm not worrying about obtaining them however now for "additional effects" from MAGICAL spells now vary on blu skill

All of my magical blu spells for example reaving wind, work fine (lowers enemy's tp to zero) if I miss then I put on all slots magic accuracy equip set and I'm able to lower delve sharks TP, I doubt if I replace my hagondes + 1 Macc feet 25 with 8 blu magic skill relic feet I will be able to accomplish landing this attack on the shark.

Lastly since were on the topic; scholar and redmage currently have this problem because magic accuracy lands enfeebles more than enfeebling magic does. I have to take off enfeebling magic armor in order to land enfeebs so I don't think repeating the same mistake will work.

They aren't boosting the potency or correcting spells like bilgestorm, they are making it so blue magic skill is like how enfeebling magic is set up

<~~~ reliably sticks silence on delve NMs as sch/rdm and as blu/rdm
    (0)

If u noticed last update for blu they revised "physical blue magic" as well as commented on "the effects of physical blue magics will now be effected by ect ect

Blue Mage
    The accuracy of the additional effect of blue MAGIC spells will now vary based on blue magic skill.

NOT physical- so as it stands, I don't want to have to put on blue magic skill + armor to land additional effect :stun from blitzriah
    (0)

Character
    Tydis
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    PLD Lv 99
    Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    If u noticed last update for blu they revised "physical blue magic" as well as commented on "the effects of physical blue magics will now be effected by ect ect

Blue Mage
    The accuracy of the additional effect of blue MAGIC spells will now vary based on blue magic skill.

NOT physical- so as it stands, I don't want to have to put on blue magic skill + armor to land additional effect :stun from blitzriah
    The way I see it is they don't intend you to need to gear for blue magic skill for accuracy of additional effects, more that by having capped 424 skill, you'll probably land most additional effects outside of high level mobs.
    (1)

Character
    Segagamer
    World
    Phoenix
    Main Class
    MNK Lv 99
    What I got from them saying it will vary with blue magic skill is that will just simply further increase your magic accuracy, in the same way a RDM's enfeebling skill will do so along with all their gear.
    (2)

Character
    Zeich
    World
    Asura
    Main Class
    BST Lv 99
    I think you're way overreacting, Ev. Let's just use the same gearset for argument's sake, assume we have something like, idk, +150 Macc. Obviously not including dual-club Magic Accuracy Skill here, but I don't have my sets in front of me so I don't have the exact amount of actual M.acc. Just throwing out an example. And btw, yes I do have Hagondes with M.acc augments, so thank you for your condescension. :P

Now tell me, how does going from 150 Macc / 0 Skill affecting extra effects to 150 Macc / 424 (440 with merits!) Skill affecting extra effects sound like a bad thing?

As a side note: "reliably sticks silence on delve NMs as sch/rdm" - Bwuh? Either arts bumps you up to a B+, versus a WHM's C, and if a WHM can land Silence on a good majority of mobs, I certainly hope you can too.
    (0)
    [Kensagaku - formerly of Kujata] - http://www.ffxiah.com/player/Valefor/Kensagaku

Quote Originally Posted by evanwimbish View Post
    All of my magical blu spells for example reaving wind, work fine (lowers enemy's tp to zero) if I miss then I put on all slots magic accuracy equip set and I'm able to lower delve sharks TP, I doubt if I replace my hagondes + 1 Macc feet 25 with 8 blu magic skill relic feet I will be able to accomplish landing this attack on the shark.
    Why would you drop your Hagondes?
    (0)

That's why I'm frustrated, there's no magic accuracy on any of the "blue magic skill" gear except for like 1 piece, so if you try to cap blu skill and then aim for magic accuracy, ull resist (just like enfeebling magic) vs just wearing magic accuracy armors. I wish they would have boosted the potency through skill vs the accuracy (like for every 50 blu points occupation gets 1 shadow) but blue magic skill gear currently is aimed for physical blu magic and not magical... I really hope the post overall was a typo
    (0)

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast